Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Spurs crowds...

2»

Comments

• Options
    DOUCHER said:

Spurs second biggest supported in London behind arsenal

Growing up in the 60's and 70's my understanding was Spurs were always the best supported in London.
    Though that may have been the influence of my Spurs supporting mate at work.
    Recently I guess they couldn't compete with Arse due to the capacity issue.
    Wasn't there a Spurs fan on here that said they had a massive waiting list for season tickets?

• Options

Before this season started I thought Spurs home games would be an opportunity, as a London football fan, to experience some Premiership matches at one of the best grounds in Europe. On further investigation I discovered you can't just casually buy a ticket. I think you have to have been some kind of member of something or other and you can't join during the season. If they were to allow casual fans I have no doubt they would be getting over 60,000 at every home game.

Especially, with an extra couple of thousand away fans in the home end. Tottenham away is everyone's cup final this season.
    Not the team that got knocked out of the FA cup in the 2nd round and to see the winners of their game, get drawn away to them.
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

Spurs second biggest supported in London behind arsenal

Growing up in the 60's and 70's my understanding was Spurs were always the best supported in London.
    Though that may have been the influence of my Spurs supporting mate at work.
    Recently I guess they couldn't compete with Arse due to the capacity issue.
    Wasn't there a Spurs fan on here that said they had a massive waiting list for season tickets?

The last official quote for the waiting list was 62,300 in the 2016 Financial Results. 18,500 additional STs were made available from the move to Wembley and all were taken.
    Apparently it was only a 1 in 3 take up though. Have seen that quoted in a few places.

Spurs made it very clear that taking a ST at Wembley was no guarantee of getting a ST at the new WHL as it would not affect their position in the queue. So a lot of people were passing on taking a ST at Wembley. The club offered no amnesty to ST holders that didn't want to go to Wembley, so there are reluctant ST holders who haven't been going to games and due to the Spurs deal with Stubhub, STs cant be put back on the Ticket Exchange until a game officially sells out.

Bit of a fcuk up all round really but thats what happens when you knock down your stadium to build another one almost on top of it!