Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peter Kay Cancels Tour

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42339698

Gutted as had tickets but clearly something serious so wish him and his family well.

Comments

• Indeed, all the best to him and his family. Fortunate to have seen him twice. Love him and he has that gift to make you start laughing without even saying anything.
  • Just about to post this.

One of the few genuinely funny comedians about these days imo and as above, wish him well
  • never seen him but think he's hilarious.

wish him and his family well
  • Family must come first.
  • hilarous always give one of dvd's a watch over the festive period.

wish him and his family well, personally didn't bother getting tickets to him as i never think comedy in a big arena works ( saw his last tour ).

also the pricing was a factor when you think of 2 tickets plus a bite to eat etc after your talking 150 quid on a night out.
  • Wish him and his family all the best
  • Hope he gets over whatever his problem is very soon. He’s a very funny man.
  • Also had tickets for next year, but family and health must come first, hope it's not to serious.
  • damn, gutted. Spent a good few hours trying to get tickets with a small army of phones and ipads. Hope ok.
  • Gutted that he has cancelled but wish him well.

Be interesting to see how quickly Ticketmaster refunds my money
  • Sponsored links:

• All the best to him and his obv but I really don't get him as a live performer, sitcoms yes, but onstage don't get it.
    If you bought through ticketmaster, good luck with seeing anything from them much before the shows were due to take place, tm = grubby racketeers.
  • All the best to him and his obv but I really don't get him as a live performer, sitcoms yes, but onstage don't get it.
    If you bought through ticketmaster, good luck with seeing anything from them much before the shows were due to take place, tm = grubby racketeers.

I got an email a few minutes after the announcement saying I'd get a refund in 48 hours.

But that was from Amazon.
  • Some of the vitriol on Twitter is astounding!
  • edited December 2017
    cafckev said:

Gutted that he has cancelled but wish him well.

Be interesting to see how quickly Ticketmaster refunds my money

How do I get a refund?
    Don’t worry, there is no action for you to take. We will automatically refund the ticket cost and all fees back onto the card you originally purchased with.

How long will this take?
    Refunds will appear in your account within 10 working days, and you will also receive an email from our Customer Service team to confirm this.

Will the tour be rescheduled?
    At this point, there are no rescheduled events; all tour dates have been cancelled.

From Ticketmaster website
  • Dazzler21 said:

Some of the vitriol on Twitter is astounding!

I've seen lots of people tweeting things along this line, but yet to see one critical tweet? I'm sure they're out there but must be few and far between as it all seems to be people "outraged and disgusted" at other tweets that don't seem to be mentioned?

• Dazzler21 said:

You know astounding is a positive word, right? How can vitriol be astounding?
  • Dazzler21 said:

You know astounding is a positive word, right? How can vitriol be astounding?
    Both positive and negative connotations.

astounding
    əˈstaʊndɪŋ/
    adjective
    adjective: astounding

surprisingly impressive or notable.
    "the summit offers astounding views"
    synonyms: amazing, astonishing, staggering, shocking, surprising, breathtaking, striking, impressive, bewildering, stunning, stupefying;

I'll get me coat!
  • edited December 2017
    Wonder how they're going to pay back the £600k that was raised for his 'private' show at Blackpool for Children in Need
  • I too had tickets but absolutely family first.

Also had tickets for one of the Adele dates cancelled. Can't remember how long it took for the refund to get sorted but it wasn't too long and was done in two parts - ticket cost then booking fee a few days later.
  • Good luck to him. Genuinely funny guy. Hope whatever his problems may be that they are surmountable.
  • Sponsored links:

• I too had tickets but absolutely family first.

Also had tickets for one of the Adele dates cancelled. Can't remember how long it took for the refund to get sorted but it wasn't too long and was done in two parts - ticket cost then booking fee a few days later.

Out of interest, who are you thinking of going to see next?
    Lol. I did think "the moral of this story ..." ....
  • For anyone to cancel a hugely lucrative tour and all that goes with it he is obviously dealing with something big and I hope he is left alone by our media/press to get on and deal with whatever has happened.

I'll say I much prefer him doing comedy acting as I think his mannerisms as well as his very sharp observations work magnificently in things like Phoenix Nights and Car Share and as funny and sharp as he is, I think his live stuff, like Mickey Flanagans live stuff gets old very quickly by being regurgitated by those with no personality or wit themselves.

Garlic Bread
    Cheesecake

Out out
    Fingering is underrated

I've seen both of them live and love them both all that said
  • I think Kay's advisors have made a mistake here. Everybody deserves to have their private life respected and honoured, but in todays world it simply doesn't happen. I am sure it is something very serious that he doesn't want in the public domain but maybe he'd be given more peace if he was more candid. The gutter press and the undesirable elements of Twitter etc will not rest until they have got their story. Already the Daily Mail are calling it a "riddle" and going on about how much money it may cost him.
  • Apparently the tour was worth 85 million pounds to which he was going to get 40. Must be a serious issue.
  • Riviera said:

I think Kay's advisors have made a mistake here. Everybody deserves to have their private life respected and honoured, but in todays world it simply doesn't happen. I am sure it is something very serious that he doesn't want in the public domain but maybe he'd be given more peace if he was more candid. The gutter press and the undesirable elements of Twitter etc will not rest until they have got their story. Already the Daily Mail are calling it a "riddle" and going on about how much money it may cost him.

Tha Daily Mail focus on the money. What a surprise.

Hope the poor fellow gets it sorted.
  • Apparently the tour was worth 85 million pounds to which he was going to get 40. Must be a serious issue.

Tbf I'm fairly sure he's well aware that whenever the next tour is he'll be getting that much regardless.