Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

how many coaches running to Blackburn (Sold out)

Have a lot of tickets been sold for Blackburn? tried to book coach but all pick up points are sold out

Comments

• Options
    Sorry mate it's operation Ewood
  • Options
    Our one coach has sold out.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

which pick up point is that Poplcon,it seems all pick up points are sold out now
  • Options

PopIcon said:

which pick up point is that Poplcon,it seems all pick up points are sold out now
    There is only one coach and it's full.
  • Options
    What!!! one coach for all 7 pick up points and its full how ridiculous is that,is that down to demand,I would of thought we could fill at least 4 or 5
  • Options

What!!! one coach for all 7 pick up points and its full how ridiculous is that,is that down to demand,I would of thought we could fill at least 4 or 5

No Bert it's down to the person in charge of Valley Away being frightened to end up with a half full second coach thereby losing money or not making their target profit margin I suspect. @Airman Brown is the oracle though.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

No Bert it's down to the person in charge of Valley Away being frightened to end up with a half full second coach thereby losing money or not making their target profit margin I suspect. @Airman Brown is the oracle though.
    no wonder we dont take many away then,very bad policy,and that must mean some supporters are on the coach 2 or 3 hours before theyve even crossed the thames and the same on the way back, never used to be like that what has happened to our club,suppose we will av to give it a miss this week then
  • Options

You could have booked a bit earlier, Bert.

Everyone else did.

• Options
    The one full coach policy; running a coach service ✔ maximising revenue ✔ no interest in getting the most fans to away games ✔
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

You could have booked a bit earlier, Bert.

Everyone else did.

thanks for your support Oggy Red,bet your next to the driver

its only Tuesday ffs didnt know it was a sellout and there was a coach shortage
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Unless Oggy is up this way Bert, It'll take him about 12 hours to detour from Cornwall via the Valley to Blackburn :smiley:
  • Options
    There should only ever be one dj coach for the loyalists. Consolidation is not a mass participation sport
  • Options
    Refer you to the Southend thread.

I think you’ll find the policy is down to David Joyes, though.
  • Options
    f@cking joke Tuesday night a fellow supporter wants to go to Blackburn and told full coach.
    So over the next couple of days if a dozen fans want to go tough sh#t.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

f@cking joke Tuesday night a fellow supporter wants to go to Blackburn and told full coach.

and i wanted 2 places
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    clb74 said:

By George, he's got it ! :-)

All we want to do is support our team....
  • Options

just read that airman its worse than non league

David Joyes??? never heard of him
  • Options
    Didn't the Supporters Trust run some coaches last season or the season before? Would be great to see this happen again, if only to show the club how to do it cheaper, how to be quicker getting from A to B by having sensible pick up routes with no hour long tour from Bexleyheath to Charlton and ultimately more fans going than the coaches laid on by the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2017

just read that airman its worse than non league

David Joyes??? never heard of him
    Financial 'Executive' and member of the SMT. Numbers / Accouns/ Budgets man.
  • Options

Didn't the Supporters Trust run some coaches last season or the season before? Would be great to see this happen again, if only to show the club how to do it cheaper, how to be quicker getting from A to B by having sensible pick up routes with no hour long tour from Bexleyheath to Charlton and ultimately more fans going than the coaches laid on by the club.

I done the one to Fleetwood £20
    Will let Pico tell you about it.
  • Options

PopIcon said:

If the pick ups are the same as for the Southend game then it is taking 90 minutes from Larkfield to Charlton.

Presumably the coach will be leaving Friday morning.
  • Options
    Get the train @bertpalmer only £70 quid return and you get to have a beer with the thousands of travelling addicks.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

The trust could, if it so decided, push the club out of the coach business or at worst force it to change its policy.

The difficulty is that the club has shrunk the market and CAST would need to take some risks and commit time and effort to get there.

For example, it needed to run to every game and not get cold feet when coaches hadn’t reached viability ten days or a fortnight before a game. It needed a proper online booking interface. All of these things are required to generate the necessary level of confidence among travelling fans when they book.

It is difficult when two organisations are competing for a shrunken market, and you need someone to do the work (unpaid), but the opportunity remains. It’s very hard to lose money over the medium term if you know what you are doing.

Remember that CASC forced the club out of the travel business in 1992. The fundamentals haven’t changed. In fact, the internet has made it easier.
  • Options

The trust could, if it so decided, push the club out of the coach business or at worst force it to change its policy.

The difficulty is that the club has shrunk the market and CAST would need to take some risks and commit time and effort to get there.

For example, it needed to run to every game and not get cold feet when coaches hadn’t reached viability ten days or a fortnight before a game. It needed a proper online booking interface. All of these things are required to generate the necessary level of confidence among travelling fans when they book.

It is difficult when two organisations are competing for a shrunken market, and you need someone to do the work (unpaid), but the opportunity remains. It’s very hard to lose money over the medium term if you know what you are doing.

Remember that CASC forced the club out of the travel business in 1992. The fundamentals haven’t changed.
    go on @bertpalmer your just the man.
  • Options

Get the train @bertpalmer only £70 quid return and you get to have a beer with the thousands of travelling addicks.

where can you get that i looked it was £120

Remember that CASC forced the club out of the travel business in 1992. The fundamentals haven’t changed.
    could help out now and then should that happen but i have other commitments abroad to commit full time at the moment
  • Options

where can you get that i looked it was £120

could help out now and then should that happen but i have other commitments abroad to commit full time at the moment
    Virgin trains mate, does mean leaving early and getting back late as below.

London Euston 6.55 - Arrive Blackburn - 10.25 - £35

Blackburn 19.32 - Arrive London - 22.42 - £35

Other option would be £85 leaving anytime every half hour from 7.30 is £ 44 and return on 18.31 £41 quid.
  • Options
    I’ve been to Blackburn many times (remember the cobble stones surrounding the ground) and it’s a long old trip. But the last time was twice in 7 days(?) when we played them in the league and cup losing both uneventful matches 1-0. I don’t think I’ll ever make this trip again.
  • Options
    Been Blackburn twice both in December near Xmas and both 3 nil loses so hoping Saturday is not a hatrick.

Good away day still is Blackburn though. Not a bad pub near the ground and a chance to go to the pub opposite the station at Preston (forget the name) which is a decent waiting pub.