Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swansea U21s v Charlton Post Match Views

2»

Comments

• Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42246392

Leicester's team last night included SIX overage players and 3 internationals including Iheanacho , Ulloa and Ben Hamer!

So we have L1/L2 teams like us playing lots of youngsters while Premier League teams play lots of first team players!
  • Options

Leicester's team last night included SIX overage players and 3 internationals including Iheanacho , Ulloa and Ben Hamer!

So we have L1/L2 teams like us playing lots of youngsters while Premier League teams play lots of first team players!

PL teams have squads where fringe players need competitive games. Our fringe players are mostly young.

• Options

PL teams have squads where fringe players need competitive games. Our fringe players are mostly young.

It does make the competition even more of a farce though. The whole justification letting PL teams in was to give their youngsters a chance of testing themselves against first team opposition, not to give Ben Hamer and Ulloa a game!
    Agreed i thought as much, Leicester could be the only u21/u23 team left but still think it would be more of a cup if they wasn't in it. They have made it what it is imo
  • Options

That's ridiculous. Two bob competition, but I wouldn't mind a trip to Wembley regardless. Ticket priority should obviously be given to anyone who has attended a tie this season, leaving roughly 40k seats for the rest of us to fight over!

• Options
    So.... what was the line up?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

We are due to lose on our next Wembley appearance. If we are destined to get there in the play offs you'd better hope we make the silly buggers final and lose, because going out to AFC blew our chance to lose our next match at Wembley.
    This is not superstition, but cold scientific fact, I got that from Alan Turing.

Knowing us we will make the play offs, lose at Wembley then make the checkatrade and play offs next year and win the checkatrade and lose the play offs again.
  • Options

Guess we could draw Chelsea U21s away and get a trip to Stamford Bridge...

I bet they'd play that at AFC Wimbledon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big pen shout for them in that 2nd half, I would have been jumping up and down about it
  • Options
    Had to check that was Jacko turning on the afterburners in the middle of the pitch from 3:02.

Legs haven't gone, he's getting faster.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Big pen shout for them in that 2nd half, I would have been jumping up and down about it

The Swans player was booked for diving.

• Options
    "if" we got to the final should we continue to field the players that got us there or the best players available?
  • Options

thought there was a limit on how many older players they could field but having just looked at it, as long as 6 of their starting XI are under 21 then it's fine.

Pretty pathetic ruling when in a supposed 'under 21' side, they're actually allowed 5 players plus 3 subs who are over 21.
  • Options

"if" we got to the final should we continue to field the players that got us there or the best players available?

Reeco is both
  • Options

Best players available, may seem harsh but once your actually at Wembley even for this trophy you want to have your best chance at winning it but that may include some of the younger players by then anyway if they continue to perform well.
  • Options
    If the team had turned up on Sunday we could have been at Wembley a lot sooner
  • Options
    Nice 'slip' by the commentator at the end saying it was a "Valiant" effort...........to bloody right it was.
  • Options

Nice 'slip' by the commentator at the end saying it was a "Valiant" effort...........to bloody right it was.

After all their chances, I bet Swansea thought we were Robin them.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks for posting highlights @HardyAddick.

Great finish first goal, Swansea goal keeping howler for the second. At 3-2, it made me laugh to see the Swansea player to dive badly for a penalty. Great to see KAG score again.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Couple questions...

1. Is it good or bad that we barely beat Swansea <21?

2. Why is the stadium totally empty?
  • Options
    Great result beating Swansea U21's with our U21's by all accounts
  • Options
    It was development squad vs development squad in effect. Good to see we have 1) a clear, pleasant footballing philosophy being instilled at the lower levels; and 2) that we're able to beat Cat 1/Prem standard dev teams.

If we make it to Wembley, I really really hope we stick with the side that has done all the work thus far. ... And if we win, and against a fuller-strength L1 team, then maybe we might need to consider shaking up the first team!
  • Options
    ^ a quick addendum to my last post: We should already be looking to the youth system. RHF hasn't played in the league yet, has he? Would love to see him given a chance, even though he's young.
  • Options
    RHF came on at Scunthorpe and looked thoroughly lost, but maybe a home game against a worse team when we're winning would be a better introduction
  • Options
    iaitch said:

iaitch said:

We wont get a northern club as were are in the southern section of the competition.

Did you read my entire post?

iaitch said:

We wont get a northern club as were are in the southern section of the competition.

We can draw anyone now.
    Ok I stand corrected yet again!!
    I don't stand corrected as I was right in the first place the draw was split into north and south teams.

I assume I'll get some apologies?????
  • Options
    Leuth said:

RHF came on at Scunthorpe and looked thoroughly lost, but maybe a home game against a worse team when we're winning would be a better introduction

He also came on as sub at Plymouth - and looked thoroughly lost.