Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AFC Wimbledon v Charlton | Sun 03 Dec | Match Thread from page 3

Comments

• Options
    1 - 1 Draw , Jackson with a late leveller, then win the replay at the Valley.
  • Options
    The excitement is ovewhelming.
  • Options

When the BBC host the draw for each round they appear to enjoy commenting on the FA Cup winners that remain in each round and this draw is evident of that fact – 1947 was of course the famous day for the Addicks whilst the original Wimbledon tasted victory in 1988, a 1-0 win that day over Liverpool has gone down as one of the more memorial Finals over recent years.

You know you're getting old when 1988 counts as a recent year. Draw 1-1.
  • Options
    This is getting ridiculous now. This must be the third or fourth time these plucky chaps have driven down the M1 to play us this season.
  • Options
    Is the home end sold out? Complete sell out or just our measly allocation
  • Options
    Fancy we might lose this one. 2-1 Wimbledon
  • Options
    Will there be a pub that most of our fans Use? And Any of the pubs show sport for the 4 o’clock game?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

My main concern is that we avoid injuries and cards to key players.

We desperately need to get promotion possible new owners or not.

We also need to work up some momentum for our league campaign. A strong attacking performance would send us into the Christmas period on a high.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

LenGlover said:

My main concern is that we avoid injuries and cards to key players.

We desperately need to get promotion possible new owners or not.

We also need to work up some momentum for our league campaign. A strong attacking performance would send us into the Christmas period on a high.
    I would imagine the Christmas period is your favourite time of year.
  • Options
    Going to this one, not least because it’s local and only a few stops down the line for us and there is the lure of a good pub lunch at the eccentric but very good Woodie’s Freehouse in New Malden (about a 20 minute walk from that station and the ground) - http://woodiesfreehouse.co.uk/ The other pubs near Kingsmeadow are pretty crap, I think, so I'd recommend Woodie's if people have no other plans. It also shows all the BT and Sky games.

As to the team, I’d be very surprised to see a starting line up including Solly, Reeves (is he back in full training again ?), Marshall (a man really in need of a breather), Kashi, Holmes and Magennis (although I can see the latter two being on the bench in case the game looks to be heading for a draw). I’d like to see Jake Forster-Caskey given a rest but maybe Karl will play him alongside Jacko and Aribo in midfield. The only other option, I guess, is George Lapslie, although he’s more likely to be on the bench. Up front, who knows ? Maybe KAG, Best and Dodoo ?

Looking forward to seeing Dijksteel again (albeit not in his best central midfield position) and, I very much hope, Jamie Mascoll, given what I read about his performance in the Checkatrade.

I think will be a tough, physical game - maybe a bit bit of fur flying - and, whilst I'm hopeless at predictions, I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see it go to a replay, given that neither team are renowned goalscorers, especially if we play a quasi-reserve side. One thing we certainly don’t need is further injuries, especially to Naby and Ezri in central defence.

The shallow terrace at Kingsmeadow must be just about the very worst view in the EFL, although if the game takes a turn for the worse, seeing only 70-80% of it may not be such a bad thing.

As Karl Robinson said in Terry Smith’s excellent interview on Charlton Live, the priority is Portsmouth on the 9th - amen to that. Hopefully, Chris Solly and maybe Ben Reeves will be fit for that one.
  • Options
    The gripe that their fans have against Karl Robnson is just pathetic and childish just because he managed MK Dons. I mean we never gave Kenny Jacket that level of grief when he came with Wolves following his previous management at Millwall. We never had a banner saying that Kenny Jacket was a C***! None of staff approached him and made an insultinting comment against his family. We never chanted anything at him continuously telling him to F*** off. Ok for 30 seconds we may have sang 'Millwall reject' for 10 seconds but that was it. We got on with supporting our team. I am starting more and more to have more MK sympathies even though I don't really approve of how they began their existence.
  • Options

clb74 said:

4-0 loss can then concentrate on league

Still have chech a trade
    and the Kent Senior Cup :smiley:
  • Options
    edited December 2017

The gripe that their fans have against Karl Robnson is just pathetic and childish just because he managed MK Dons. I mean we never gave Kenny Jacket that level of grief when he came with Wolves following his previous management at Millwall. We never had a banner saying that Kenny Jacket was a C***! None of staff approached him and made an insultinting comment against his family. We never chanted anything at him continuously telling him to F*** off. Ok for 30 seconds we may have sang 'Millwall reject' for 10 seconds but that was it. We got on with supporting our team. I am starting more and more to have more MK sympathies even though I don't really approve of how they began their existence.

It’s not “just because he managed MK Dons” any more than we’re hostile to Pardew because was at Palace. That’s just another offence to be taken into consideration. There’s no comparison with Kenny Jackett at all.
  • Options
    Addick90 said:

Will there be a pub that most of our fans Use? And Any of the pubs show sport for the 4 o’clock game?

It was suggested to me that Bar Malden and Glasshouse by New Malden station are decent pubs. Never been though.
  • Options
    PS. I still have a spare ticket if anyone interested
  • Options
    redman said:

PS. I still have a spare ticket if anyone interested

No thanks. My loft needs reinsulating.
  • Options
    Everywhere saying we have sold out our allocation, how many tickets were we given? Can't have been many. 700?
  • Options
    675 I think
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

Redrobo said:

I don't think he will rest Marshall. It is not a rest he needs, he needs to get fitter.

Karl's saying he needs a rest. I expect Marshall would know... but difficult to know who would replace him with so many out. KAG or Dodoo?
    I think KAG will be raring to go after Tuesday night.
    KR said at one of the meetings that he had never failed to reach the 3rd round and I don't think he will want to concede that to Wimbledon, so expect a strong side .
  • Options
    COME ON YOU REDS
  • Options
    This is our route into Europe.
    Don't blow it Karl.
  • Options
    Just got on the train at Wimbledon. The carriage in front has two coppers and what looks like a few old ladies on their way to Kingston to do a bit of shopping. There’s a handful of Wimbledon fans that got on with me, no Wimbledon fans in colours at the next station. Not exactly up for the cup around here at the moment
  • Options
    Where is everyone drinking before the game? Woodies is empty...
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    seems the team bus is stuck in traffic
  • Options
    Quite a few fans from both sides on the train
  • Options
    Strong line up from us, pretty much strongest possible.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!