Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: Charlton 2-2 Peterborough

many thanks to the 54 Lifers who gave marks:

Comments

• Options
    I feel a bit sorry for KAG, his moment of glory but 4 minutes short to get a rating on here :smile:

Shocking that Magennis has no assists this season, that's poor for a target man, when you consider Sarr has 3 already
  • Options
    Kashi looks badly undermarked for this game in comparison to a few others imo (Konsa, Sarr, Bauer, Marshall).

Think a lot of people just don't like the fact he plays deep, when in possession sitting back almost as a third centre half, and plays the ball mainly to full backs. But that will be his role he is intended to play in our system, and he is not that as badly as that score suggests.
  • Options
    Kashi MOM at Scunthorpe to wooden spoonist.
  • Options

Kashi looks badly undermarked for this game in comparison to a few others imo (Konsa, Sarr, Bauer, Marshall).

Think a lot of people just don't like the fact he plays deep, when in possession sitting back almost as a third centre half, and plays the ball mainly to full backs. But that will be his role he is intended to play in our system, and he is not that as badly as that score suggests.

Everyone has their own opinion, and I marked him a 4 (lower than Konsa, Sarr, Bauer, and Marshall...).
  • Options
    agreed Pedro, sorry I forgot to add the imo to my post. Just cannot for the life of me see how people could mark Sarr 3.5 higher than Kashi. Would love to know what a watching professional scout made of it.
  • Options

Shocking that Magennis has no assists this season, that's poor for a target man, when you consider Sarr has 3 already

Okay, but it doesn't always work out like that ....... meaning throughout the season Magennis has no doubt created several opportunities for others that have been missed/saved - which equals no assists for Magennis.

On the other hand, he's often had major involvement in a move that has led to a goal - but of course that might be overlooked and certainly won't be counted as an assist.

Make no mistake, Magennis is tactically a pivotal member of the team and his contribution can't be judged only on bald statistics.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Alllllllllll of the this. The complaint of "he plays too many sideways passes" is a weird one to me because his first job when in possession is not to give the ball away. And his passing ability allows us to switch the point of attack, allows the full backs to push forward, and allows the center backs to sometimes join in as well. Now, that didn't work as well on Tuesday night, but that's not necessarily down to him.

Thanks as always for doing this LL. I completely forgot to do my marks. I have to make sure I do them right after the match or I forget.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Okay, but it doesn't always work out like that ....... meaning throughout the season Magennis has no doubt created several opportunities for others that have been missed/saved - which equals no assists for Magennis.

On the other hand, he's often had major involvement in a move that has led to a goal - but of course that might be overlooked and certainly won't be counted as an assist.

Make no mistake, Magennis is tactically a pivotal member of the team and his contribution can't be judged only on bald statistics.
    Yes. Alllll of the this as well.

His ability to hold the ball up, his ability to draw fouls, and his fantastic movement are so crucial for this team. Yes, he should probably have a couple more goals than he does, but goals, and even moreso assists, are a fickle thing. His ability to work two, and sometimes three center backs, is so important to how we look to play, and it creates space for the attacking three behind him to work in.
  • Options
    Not convinced by him at all I'm afraid. He seldom makes the right runs, and his miss in the 8th minute was an example of how he lacks the killer instinct. I'm sure he works his socks off, which earns him brownie points of course. Yes, his position is tactically pivotal, but that doesn't mean he's fulfilling the role well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2017