Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roadworks in Charlton

Just a heads up for anyone that drives down to the ground, Floyd road and Delafield Road are both closed at the junction with Church Lane for gas works until Christmas.
Temp lights are causing chaos and to get the to ground you will need to go via Harvey Gardens.

Comments

• Thanks but you needn't have worried as I am sure the club will contact it's car park users in good time to let them know ..... I'm holding my breath !
  • Good job Daisy don't walk to work that way, she would turn round and fuck off h...o...m... hold on!
  • Gridlock at the moment. Avoid if you can.
  • Can anyone tell me if there are still roadworks near the ground?

We are parking in the West Stand car park today, for our first visit since May 2016. We usually travel along Delafield Road and then into Floyd Road and Valley Grove.

The car park details sent by the club when I booked in October, state that there is a one way system in operation on match days and suggests that you can't travel along Harvey Gardens. Does anyone knoe if this has been changed if there are roadworks in Floyd Road?
  • Still there yesterday afternoon.
  • Still there yesterday afternoon.

Thanks @Baldybonce .Was Floyd Road completely blocked from Charlton Church Lane?
  • Yes but they might be removing the barriers today as otherwise I can't see how the Pompey fans will be able to get to the ground???
  • I fear this is going to be carnage this afternoon if they've reduced the walking ability around that junction, like it's been this week
  • I bet that's a bloody nightmare at the quitest of times up there
  • I rang The Valley reception and was told that access to the car park via Floyd Road is open.