Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Piano Lewisham station

Anyone noticed this Piano that has appeared the last few days.

Its funny espically at night people walk past it and cant help but show off what little(or lot) they can do.

I must admit I just did the Eastenders and James Bond themes(which is literally all i can do)

Comments

• edited December 2017
    I an beginning to see a lot more pianos at stations. St Pancras, Herne Hill and Lewisham to name only three.

Waiting for a train is much more bearable watching somebody playing a decent tune.

A good idea.
  • I love knocking one out on the piano!!!!!! Tune that is.
  • edited December 2017

I an beginning to see a lot more pianos at stations. St Pancras, Herne Hill and Lewisham to name only three.

Waiting for a train is much more bearable watching somebody playing a decent tune.

A good idea.

I agree Elfs and find it breaks the monotony of jotting down the numbers of Networker after Networker :wink:
  • I an beginning to see a lot more pianos at stations. St Pancras, Herne Hill and Lewisham to name only three.

A good idea.

Imagine if you could reach the keys, you could have a go as well :smiley:
  • Saw an old mate of mine playing that piano (Lewisham) on Facebook...Roll Out The Barrel.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone noticed this Piano that has appeared the last few days.

Its funny espically at night people walk past it and cant help but show off what little(or lot) they can do.

I must admit I just did the Eastenders and James Bond themes(which is literally all i can do)

This is part of SouthEasterns plans to keep the punters entertained when the trains can't run over the leaves, snow, dogshit etc.

It's bit like an open mic, but sort of, in the open.

• It's been there a while Paulie. It's such a great idea to have it there in that tiny station during rush hour when there are thousands of people attempting to get on an already overcrowded platform. Whoever thought taking up space with a piano in such an awkward place is a genius.

Was it Bobby Crush that thought it would be a good idea to put it there?
  • clive said:

It's been there a while Paulie. It's such a great idea to have it there in that tiny station during rush hour when there are thousands of people attempting to get on an already overcrowded platform. Whoever thought taking up space with a piano in such an awkward place is a genius.

Russ Conway and Mrs Mills my era Clive you must remember them as well :wink:
  • RedChaser said:

clive said:

It's been there a while Paulie. It's such a great idea to have it there in that tiny station during rush hour when there are thousands of people attempting to get on an already overcrowded platform. Whoever thought taking up space with a piano in such an awkward place is a genius.

I remember them well........................unfortunately!
  • RedChaser said:

clive said:

I remember them well........................unfortunately!
    I should hope so mate you're a little bit older than me :wink:
  • I'm very pleased that the piano at Lewisham is fairly well tuned. I enjoy playing it whenever I pass through.
  • I an beginning to see a lot more pianos at stations. St Pancras, Herne Hill and Lewisham to name only three.

A good idea.

Canterbury West, too, I believe.

A good idea.

Don't remember him Airman, what was he on 'Opportunity Knocks'? :wink:
  • They were going to have stringed instruments in the ticket office but it was thought that it would encourage fare fiddling.
  • edited December 2017
  • Sponsored links:

A good idea.

Not seen that, unless it's tucked away somewhere.

My daughter has played the one at St Pancras and attracted a small crowd, and then she got a bit shy.
  • RedChaser said:

clive said:

Winnie Atwell.
  • It's been there a while Paulie. It's such a great idea to have it there in that tiny station during rush hour when there are thousands of people attempting to get on an already overcrowded platform. Whoever thought taking up space with a piano in such an awkward place is a genius.

It is to the side and doesn’t block anything, rush hour or not. Good idea. A few times when I am coming home late and stressed from work at 9/10pm it is great to hear a good tune and makes me wish I could play.
  • RedChaser said:

clive said:

Winnie Atwell.
    Joe "Mr Piano" Henderson.

A good idea.

Not seen that, unless it's tucked away somewhere.

My daughter has played the one at St Pancras and attracted a small crowd, and then she got a bit shy.
    Waiting room on the up platform? Only saw it through a window on a down train so could be mistaken.
  • Was it the highlight of your day mate?

I think this is one of those famous incidents that remains with you for the rest of your life.
  • RedChaser said:

clive said:

Winnie Atwell.
    Joe "Mr Piano" Henderson.
    Charlie Kunz
  • Waiting room on the up platform? Only saw it through a window on a down train so could be mistaken.

Not proper Charlton. Decent spotter couldn't be mistaken from that distance.
  • RedChaser said:

A good idea.

Don't remember him Airman, what was he on 'Opportunity Knocks'? :wink:
    His brother is married to a Kardashian.

A good idea.

Imagine if you could reach the keys, you could have a go as well :smiley:
    I stand on the chair, easy.