Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum 27/11/17 re 9th Dec 17

I won't say too much (I was there representing City Addicks) as I don't want to ruin any surprises.

'Single issue' discussed, and hopefully others there will agree we did as much as we could to influence from the fans perspective, and they seemed to appreciate that within limits.

The club went through plans for the match and did seem to take a lot on board, and made an effort to listen to various ideas, comments and suggestions. So could well be plenty to properly mark the occasion.

I'm hoping it will be an opportunity to celebrate the club for what it has achieved and could do in the future, when fans and club are pulling in the same direction IYKWIM.

R

(Sorry no KM and no takeover discussed, and was always going to be a Gold game)

Comments

• Options
    Custard Creams or Rich Tea?
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Why was it always going to be a gold match?

Because they are a big well supported club that are not that far away.

Plus it is a game we asked the FA to shedule for this date because of its historical importance to us, will attract the largest crowd of the season so far and enables us to maximise profits.

Why wouldn't we.
  • Options
    L
  • Options
    Not sure, I think because it's Pompey.

I personally agree on the issue around the match day ticket and the pricing of the dinner too, and have made that point to them, as I think did others.

There is more to the day however and hopefully we've added to it and moulded what they had planned originally.

• Options
    Pompey a "gold" game and Posh a "silver" game.
    The sooner we get out of this dross division the better.
  • Options
    so should we be getting into the ground earlier than usual then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was Katrien Meire at the meeting?
    Who was there representing the club?
    Incidentally, if anything was discussed regarding anything over the PA system, does the club realise the system doesn't actually work, and do they plan to fix it in time?
    For safety as much as anything else.
  • Options
    She wasn't as above, rest of SMT were including Chris Parkes

Look out for publicity regarding events on the day.

No idea about the PA, Seth email the club, or if you inbox me I'll be happy to pass it on since you attended City Addicks :D
  • Options
    isn't the guy on here @Addickted from the safety committee?
  • Options
    My 'last words' on this

We've hopefully impressed on those there last night the need to make this fan orientated, the impact of that will show over the next week and at the event. They have certainly been very grateful for the input.

It has potential to be an excellent event, but at the end of the day it will be the fans that make the atmosphere, and maybe we can even fill the Valley with noise and some bums on seats and show the powers that be what they are missing.

• Options
    edited November 2017

cafc999 said:

The publicity of this game should have already started IMHO but hey, it hasn't.

I also think the club have missed a trick on pricing. They could have done a nice touch by having the prices the same as what they were 25 years ago or even made it football for a fiver game.

Sadly we know that the SMT lack any cohesion or forward thinking

this with knobs on

Indeed and the point I have made to them subsequently is the take might be the same given how many more seats they would likely sell, it might even be higher. Then there's the good will (priceless), and possibly even impact on future gates.
  • Options
    Interesting that no Meire there.
    Anyone know if she went to Scunny?
    Pre Christmas break to get the shopping done or getting down to the serious work of sorting out the sale of de cloob.
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

Interesting that no Meire there.
    Anyone know if she went to Scunny?
    Pre Christmas break to get the shopping done or getting down to the serious work of sorting out the sale of de cloob.

Especially as she was at The Valley yesterday afternoon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hard to argue with @Airman Brown as ever. Always stuns me that they make Bradshaw look enlightened..

There won't be another 25th anniversary, and its a long wait until the 50th.

So with the greatest of respect my vote is we make the best of it. I'd rather it was 70% of the event it could be than 50% or less.
  • Options
    It can be spun agreed, but not by me.

The facts around it are in the various posts above, including by yourself and Airman. The committee, the timing, the pricing, all take away from what it could have been. All fundamental event marketing errors in my view, let alone the best way to run a football club.

Last night there were a raft of ideas not in the original plan that FF members who want the event to be as good as it can be, put forward that are likely to be included I hope.

There are also elements I wasn't aware of before last night that fans may like.
  • Options
    Katrien pitched up at the Valley but not the meeting.
    I assume by that the club representatives were able to give definitive yes or no responses then, rather than ones that said they would need to check and get back to you.
  • Options
    Reinforces the view that Daisy is being kept away from the "customers "
  • Options

Reinforces the view that Daisy is being kept away from the "customers "

She doesn't want to talk to any of us dirty peasants anyway. I expect it's a great relief to her that PR Tom lets her off of these things.
  • Options
    OK last last comments..

There was commitment for more involvement on the day for all who involved with bttv, more money for good causes, and more fan involvement in that, and they may yet take other comments on board where practical.

I guess watch the OS and see what they come up with.

I know there's a lot feeling around this both anger and apathy due to the way things have been done, I've struggled with latter I can tell you.

For me personally however I would rather make the best of it, and making the day something to properly mark the occasion and be something to remember is something I share with the club, even though we might differ on how.