Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simon Thomas - Sky

2»

Comments

• Options
    cfgs said:

I think this thread was started as the actual death, and how quick it was, is just shocking. Add on top of that the fact that an 8 year old has lost a parent and the widower is somebody that as football fans is somebody we all recognise, it becomes something that effects us.
    So @iainment that is why it is on here and probably why your response has annoyed everyone.

I wasn"t rude, I wasn't disrespectful. I just questioned the relevance that's all. But ok if I've caused offence I apologise. But please let me know what the rules/limits are so I don't do it again.
  • Options
    iainment said:

cfgs said:

I think this thread was started as the actual death, and how quick it was, is just shocking. Add on top of that the fact that an 8 year old has lost a parent and the widower is somebody that as football fans is somebody we all recognise, it becomes something that effects us.
    So @iainment that is why it is on here and probably why your response has annoyed everyone.

I wasn"t rude, I wasn't disrespectful. I just questioned the relevance that's all. But ok if I've caused offence I apologise. But please let me know what the rules/limits are so I don't do it again.
    That's not an apology, is it. Delete it quickly before you get a load more abuse.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
  • Options
    iainment said:

cfgs said:

At a guess maybe don't use a thread regardless of your view on it's perceived validity, to say something you know is insensitive.
  • Options
    I don’t know Simon or his family, but this is a horrible thing to hi through, I lost a mate at 17 of leukaemia, Pretty horrendous.
  • Options
    Always puts life in perspective when something like this happens, terrible and very sad indeed. :(
  • Options
    Can we keep this thread for it's intended purpose please. This is neither the place for questioning the motives of the op or for swearing at someone because they have. Keep it respectful on all sides please.
  • Options
    Unbelievable the speed of this disease. As extremely disappointing it is that Gemma wasn't referred to hospital for tests sooner, in all probability, it seems that it had already taken over her body.

RIP Gemma
  • Options
    iainment said:

cfgs said:

There are no rules but I think the point is that is as "relevant" to some as say beer, betting, politics etc etc is to others. The difference is that some of us choose not to comment on them if we have nothing "relevant" to say.
  • Options
    Shocking that you can be diagnosed with it and then die 3 days later
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How sad - RIP Gemma
  • Options
    Poor bloke that's awful

I don't think the British public knowing about his personal tragic event really helps.

People should be able to mourn in private.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Poor bloke that's awful

I don't think the British public knowing about his personal tragic event really helps.

People should be able to mourn in private.

He tweeted it himself.

Still hit me like a sledgehammer when I read it last night, beyond tragic, I grew up with him on blue Peter and seems a great fella. I’m sure his wife was lovely as well. RIP
  • Options
    Chizz said:

This is a well-written, powerful piece that goes some way to revealing what Simon has been - and continues to be - dealing with.

A Grief Shared

Heartbreaking. Poor man.
  • Options
    He goes over parts in that where most men don’t go and won’t go but his section on IVF and the loss when you miscarry and the feeling of total helplessness really take me back to a dark place

But to then lose your rock and be left in the world with just your child is heartbreaking I can’t follow it any longer I have tried since his tradegy occurred
  • Options

He goes over parts in that where most men don’t go and won’t go but his section on IVF and the loss when you miscarry and the feeling of total helplessness really take me back to a dark place

But to then lose your rock and be left in the world with just your child is heartbreaking I can’t follow it any longer I have tried since his tradegy occurred

I’ve read a couple of things of his but it breaks my heart. I met him 18months ago at the football league awards and he was a thoroughly nice and approachable bloke. His suffering is obvious but he needs to be there for his son now.
    Time is a healer but the fact he has their son must act as a constant reminder of both the good and bad times. I really feel for him

• Options
    Poor guy - very moving and I can relate entirely to the first part of it
  • Options
    everyone should read that, brilliant piece of writing and very brave.

heartbreaking story and to think I sometimes moan at my missus as to why did we have 4 kids (when they all play up etc).

hope he's able to get back on Sky presenting at some point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've not watched too much Football on SKY over the last few months

Is he still hosting any live matches at the moment?

Other than Ed Chamberlain; Simon Thomas and Scott Minto are the best they've got
  • Options
    I found myself just wanting to go find him and say it’s all going to be alright

Every single fella on here married or in a relationship with kids could find themselves in his postition within the blink of an eye and that’s quite a sobering thought for me
  • Options
    I can relate to virtually everything In there.