Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Congratulations Australia

Just qualified for the World Cup.

Comments

• Options
    The thread that should have existed...

I can't believe Italy and Netherlands are out but Aus are in!
  • Options
    Excellent... Was hoping that Australia and New Zealand would qualify

Just gotta rely on the latter now
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Delighted that they have qualified. Hopefully, we can draw them in the group.

Would love to see my old man's face as he decide who he would rather support over England or Australia.
  • Options
    What an amazing effort, well done Cobbers!

And commiserations to Burkina Faso and Sudatenland!
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I cant believe Australia still play with Cahill who is 37 now as main striker.

He will be 38 at the world cup
    Surely gotta be one of the oldest outfield players to start at a World Cup
  • Options
    edited November 2017

One of yes but he'll have to make it to Qatar if he is to beat Roger Milla's record. He was 42 at USA '94.
  • Options

Left Millwall 13 years ago and still playing!
  • Options
    cabbles said:

For a minute there I thought this thread was going to be about Australia legalising same sex marriage

Likewise there was me thinking we'd already surrendered The Ashes like the other thread
  • Options
    cabbles said:

For a minute there I thought this thread was going to be about Australia legalising same sex marriage

There is one if you're interested.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riviera said:

cabbles said:

Whoosh. :smile:
  • Options

Riviera said:

cabbles said:

Whoosh. :smile:
    Yes it went right over my head and in retrospect I can now see the cutting edge humour, irony and satirical content of that hilarious post...Not.
  • Options
    Wow some posters need to calm the feck down.

It's only a whooshing FFS. Most of us have been there at some time! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Dazzler21 said:

It's only a whooshing FFS. Most of us have been there at some time! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

But why is it a "Whoosh"?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Dazzler21 said:

Woosh.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Dazzler21 said:

Guess because its gone straight over that person's head like a low flying aircraft (with the sound being: Whoosh)
  • Options
    Is Cahill the answer to our striker problems, we'll keep him fit until the summer. Nailed on when the aussies take over :)
  • Options

Riviera said:

Dazzler21 said:

Guess because its gone straight over that person's head like a low flying aircraft (with the sound being: Whoosh)
    The question was why is it a whoosh and not what is a whoosh.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Sorry this thread has all got a bit wishy whooshy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Dazzler21 said:

We could do a lot worse than Tim Cahill up front, the bloke is an absolute machine, and has taken really good care of himself.

Absolutely outstanding in the air, can't think of a better attacking header of the ball to be honest!
  • Options

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Dazzler21 said:

We could do a lot worse than Tim Cahill up front, the bloke is an absolute machine, and has taken really good care of himself.

Absolutely outstanding in the air, can't think of a better attacking header of the ball to be honest!
    Ahhh! I see now. Thank you.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Dazzler21 said:

Ahhh! I see now. Thank you.
    He makes a distinct whooshing sound when he goes up for flying headers.........or so I’m told.