Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

World Cup Draw

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2017
    telegraph.co.uk/football/world-cup-2018-wallchart-predictor/

A bit of fun, mine has England needing to beat Poland, Germany, Argentina & then finally France in the final, that sounds simple enough.
  • Options

Who did Scotland draw?

Isle of Wight.......Isle of Man........Isle of Sheppy.
  • Options

Who did Scotland draw?

Isle have a summer without football.
  • Options

Who did Scotland draw?

Two defeats and a draw then
  • Options

Who did Scotland draw?

Two defeats and a draw then
    same as us then
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

We could end up in a group of death - Russia, Iran and Saudi Arabia!

I think 'group of death' refers to four strong teams, all of whom are capable of beating each other, not the chances of getting topped by the government if you happen to say the wrong thing to the wrong person.
  • Options

We now know who will compete in the opening game of the 2018 World Cup: it’s Russia v Saudi Arabia.

Funny that.

What odds on Russia getting a last minute penalty if they need one to win?
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Russia 100% have a fixed draw there surely? That looks suspiciously easy.

They'll come second at best. Uruguay will win the group.
  • Options
    Does anyone know a tour company or something where you can book tickets, flights & accommodation for any of the England matches?
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

Russia 100% have a fixed draw there surely? That looks suspiciously easy.

They'll come second at best. Uruguay will win the group.
    Egypt wont be pushovers as well, I don't fancy Russia to get out of the group.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Red_James said:

Does anyone know a tour company or something where you can book tickets, flights & accommodation for any of the England matches?

Thomson Sport & Gullivers Sports Travel are the most well known companies. They do flights & accommodation, tickets are not included.

Individuals run their own coaches to games, I am using On the ball travel for Belgium match.

England Travel club memberships which allows access to tickets for WC matches, can still be purchased for £30. First two matches will be unsubscribed, and anyone who wants one will get one. However, the Belgium match will most defiantly oversubscribed.

https://englandsupporters.thefa.com/p/russia_2018

http://www.ontheballtravel.com/

I hope this helps.
  • Options

Red_James said:

Thomson Sport & Gullivers Sports Travel are the most well known companies. They do flights & accommodation, tickets are not included.

Individuals run their own coaches to games, I am using On the ball travel for Belgium match.

England Travel club memberships which allows access to tickets for WC matches, can still be purchased for £30. First two matches will be unsubscribed, and anyone who wants one will get one. However, the Belgium match will most defiantly oversubscribed.

https://englandsupporters.thefa.com/p/russia_2018

http://www.ontheballtravel.com/

I hope this helps.
    Yes looked at them both already, brilliant thanks
  • Options

A bit of fun, mine has England needing to beat Poland, Germany, Argentina & then finally France in the final, that sounds simple enough.

I had England facing Colombia instead of Poland but otherwise the same.

My round of 16 featured 11 European countries, 4 from South America and 1 African team.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

That's fun. I have England topping the group, and going out to Poland. Poland play that turgid, defensive football England struggle with. They weren't great at the Euros but still slogged their way through to the quarter finals and lost to Portugal on pens.

I'm hoping this makes for a good World Cup. It feels like there is more parity between sides. There's also I think three or four teams who I could easily see as winners (Brazil, Spain, Germany, Portugal) plus another few where if they hit a run of form they could make it to the finals (Argentina, Mexico, Belgium) plus everything looks poised for another brilliant French implosion.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

That's fun. I have England topping the group, and going out to Poland. Poland play that turgid, defensive football England struggle with. They weren't great at the Euros but still slogged their way through to the quarter finals and lost to Portugal on pens.

I'm hoping this makes for a good World Cup. It feels like there is more parity between sides. There's also I think three or four teams who I could easily see as winners (Brazil, Spain, Germany, Portugal) plus another few where if they hit a run of form they could make it to the finals (Argentina, Mexico, Belgium) plus everything looks poised for another brilliant French implosion.
    Your outcome is much more likely, I did mine as a what if England did keep winning dream scenario, although in typical pessimism even with me running it as England winning the World Cup, I still had them finishing second in the group behind Belgium.
  • Options
    I had us beating Poland but losing to Germany in the QF

Spain winning it by beating Brazil in the final.
  • Options
    BBC have got the first two group games before jinxy ITV fuck us over in the decider against Belgium and then also have first pick for round of 16 so no way getting to the quarters now !!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

BBC have got the first two group games before jinxy ITV fuck us over in the decider against Belgium and then also have first pick for round of 16 so no way getting to the quarters now !!

BBC gambling on us getting to the Quarters and hoping for a big TV audience - either that or they assume we'll be out before the Belgium game!
  • Options
    Are ITV the jinx?.
    Dont we all know it will be a 0-0 draw coz Belgium will have already scored more goals in their 2 previous wins and wont be bothered about scoring, and we simply wont be able to score.
  • Options
    I had Denmark getting to the semis
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Daddy_Pig said:

I had Denmark getting to the semis

I have them going out to Iceland. I think that's exactly the type of team Iceland will fancy--a team not used to having the ball. I think Iceland will soak up pressure then hit Denmark on the counter.
  • Options
    FA Ticket allocations for the world cup are confirmed

• Tunisia v England: 2816
    • England v Panama: 2855
    • England v Belgium: 2119
    • Round of 16: 3500
    • Quarter final: 3000
    • Semi Final: 4800
    • Final: 5100

What a joke as always , 2119 for the Belgium game ...and only 5 thousand for the final !!
  • Options
    FIFA have now provided us with our allocations for each of England’s matches at 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™.
    Tunisia v England - 2816
    England v Panama – 2855
    England v Belgium – 2119
    Round of 16 – 3500
    Quarter final – 3000
    Semi Final – 4800
    Final – 5100

What is 'purchasable capacity'?
    FIFA have defined the purchasable capacity of a stadium to be the available seating minus hospitality, seat kills for segregation and media seats. So for example, Volgograd has a total of 45,568 physical seats inside the stadium but the total number of seats actually available for sale for England's first match against Tunisia is 35,208 which is the purchasable capacity. The purchasable capacity for Nizhny Novgorod is 35,691 and for Kaliningrad it is 26,487. FIFA have confirmed that the allocations we have received for the group matches are 8% of the purchasable capacity of each stadium

Read more at https://englandsupporters.thefa.com/b/news/archive/2018/01/04/world-cup-ticket-update-allocations-confirmed-publish-2nd-jan#IUbW2qPbdIr0shbj.99
  • Options
    wasn't planning on going anyway as wont be enjoyable and would rather watch in pubs in england/on holiday, will renew my travel club membership after the tournament. but probably wont attend any fixtures till after possibly may do a home one if away from wembley.
  • Options
    As long as we avoid Spain, Germany and Brazil we’ll win it easy.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

What about the other 28 teams?
  • Options

dizzee said:

What about the other 28 teams?
    Walk in the park. We’ve got Henderson don’t forget.
  • Options
    I’ll never get ahead of myself when it comes to England but Southgate must be enjoying the form of Kane, Sterling, Wilshere even Lingaard at the moment. Of course they’ll all be burned out by May but it’s a nice thought.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

I’ll never get ahead of myself when it comes to England but Southgate must be enjoying the form of Kane, Sterling, Wilshere even Lingaard at the moment. Of course they wont give a damn come June but it’s a nice thought.