Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ken Burns Jazz.

edited November 2017 in Not Sports Related
Is on PBS from 14/11/17.

Well worth watching, even for #HenryIrving !

Comments

• Options
    Love Ken Burns documentaries but I’m not sure Jazz is a subject I can get into .
  • Options
    iainment said:

Is on PBS from 14/11/17.

@iainment you make the common mistake of jazz fans on here of assuming that people who don't like jazz have never heard it.

If you look back you'll see I'm a huge Ken Burns fan and have mentioned this series before.

Good series, just too much jazz in it. : - )

• Options

iainment said:

Is on PBS from 14/11/17.

@iainment you make the common mistake of jazz fans on here of assuming that people who don't like jazz have never heard it.

If you look back you'll see I'm a huge Ken Burns fan and have mentioned this series before.

I don't assume you've never heard it. Maybe you've just not heard the right stuff for you.
    Given how hugely varied it is there really is something in jazz for everybody.
  • Options
    iainment said:

iainment said:

Is on PBS from 14/11/17.

I don't assume you've never heard it. Maybe you've just not heard the right stuff for you.
    I know, I like blues, I like Ella, Nina, anything with a tune, even a bit of jazz funk (more for the funk)but not the free form be bop Davies/Coltrane nonsense
  • Options

iainment said:

iainment said:

Is on PBS from 14/11/17.

I know, I like blues, I like Ella, Nina, anything with a tune, even a bit of jazz funk (more for the funk)but not the free form be bop Davies/Coltrane nonsense
    You might like Chet Baker's vocals then.