Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Which school were you at?

Comments

• Options
    Bannockburn Primary 60-63,
    Timbercroft primary 63-68.
    Shooter`s Hill Grammar 68 - 75.
  • Options
    Shooters Hill Grammer = Eaglesfield Somerton?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]St Mary's 65
    Woodhill 65 - 71
    Woolwich Poly 71- 78

Woodhill the only primary school I have ever known with an indoor swimming pool??

Cant be certain, but my younger brother went to East Wickham and they had one in the 70's I think...pretty unusual
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]Shooters Hill Grammer = Eaglesfield Somerton?[/quote]
    Yes that is correct, I was there for Eaglesfields first year of existance. Eaglesfield was an amalgamation of shooters Hill grammar and Bloomfield secondary modern, but I still count myself as a ShootersHill boy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: somerton[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]Shooters Hill Grammer = Eaglesfield Somerton?
    Yes that is correct, I was there for Eaglesfields first year of existance. Eaglesfield was an amalgamation of shooters Hill grammar and Bloomfield secondary modern, but I still count myself as a ShootersHill boy.

I was offered a place at Shooters Hill Grammar school but my dad changed his mind about me going there when he knew it was going to merge with Bloomfield which, at the time, was considered to be a very rough school. Who knows what might have been but we could've been mates...
  • Options
    Days Lane Primary School ?
    Kemnal Tecnology College 99-05
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By:Imissthepeanutman[/cite]Chis & Sid Grammar School For Boys! 1968 - 1975

And when they introduced a splattering of the most ugly girlies imaginable in the last couple of years the timetable was changed from 'Periods' to 'Lessons'. Oops just noted that Weegie went to Chis & Sid too.

I was in the third intake of girls - obviously we got prettier after you left! ;-)

Most definately.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: somerton[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]Shooters Hill Grammer = Eaglesfield Somerton?[/quote]
    Yes that is correct, I was there for Eaglesfields first year of existance. Eaglesfield was an amalgamation of shooters Hill grammar and Bloomfield secondary modern, but I still count myself as a ShootersHill boy.[/quote]

I was offered a place at Shooters Hill Grammar school but my dad changed his mind about me going there when he knew it was going to merge with Bloomfield which, at the time, was considered to be a very rough school. Who knows what might have been but we could've been mates...[/quote]

Yes Bloomfield had a bad reputation then, I was a prefect that year and we spent a number of break times stopping fights between guys from the diferent schools, i even got into trouble shoving a bloke down a staircase when he would not move. Funnily enough I wanted to go to crown woods comp but was refused so went to shooters Hill.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]Shooters Hill Grammer = Eaglesfield Somerton?

I was offered a place at Shooters Hill Grammar school but my dad changed his mind about me going there when he knew it was going to merge with Bloomfield which, at the time, was considered to be a very rough school. Who knows what might have been but we could've been mates...

Yes Bloomfield had a bad reputation then, I was a prefect that year and we spent a number of break times stopping fights between guys from the diferent schools, i even got into trouble shoving a bloke down a staircase when he would not move. Funnily enough I wanted to go to crown woods comp but was refused so went to shooters Hill.

So us at Bloomfield were considered too rough for you "Grammer school boys" Ah bless. Lol ;)
  • Options
    Gordonbrock 65-71
    Sedgehill 71-77

A couple of people mentioned Crofton school in Brockley. I lived in Crofton Park Road from 64 til 78 but don't remember a Crofton School. Anyone tell me where it was?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dulverton Primary 96/7-03
    Chislehurst and Sidcup Grammar School 03-present
  • Options
    Chis & Sid from 1970 to 1977
  • Options
    Southamptonaddick - Crofton School is in Manwood Road SE4 - it has been rebuilt and renamed as "Prendergast Ladywell Fields College"
    I see you went to Sedgehill between 71-77, I went there between 57- 63, the first year the school opened.
  • Options
    CommentAuthorSix-a-bag-of-nuts CommentTime2 days ago quote# 184
    Posted By: DA9
    Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts
    St. Peters, Woolwich
    DeLucy Primary, Abbey Wood
    Abbey Wood Comprehensive 1965 - 1971 (Same school as Paul Walsh, Steve Davis and err....)

DA9 - 1979 - 1984 :D

Is that right that they've closed it down now DA9?

Yep, there is a closing down thing in July I heard, apparently St Pauls have purchased the site and are building an extension on the back end of the sports fields.
  • Options
    Timbercroft Primary 1982 to 1988
    Eaglesfield 1988 to 1993 (purple tie)
    NEGUS Sixth form 1993 to 1995
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By:Imissthepeanutman[/cite]Chis & Sid Grammar School For Boys! 1968 - 1975

And when they introduced a splattering of the most ugly girlies imaginable in the last couple of years the timetable was changed from 'Periods' to 'Lessons'. Oops just noted that Weegie went to Chis & Sid too.

I was in the third intake of girls - obviously we got prettier after you left! ;-)

Most definately.

The spelling improved as well :-)
  • Options
    SSM
  • Options
    Crofton school near catford dog track 1986-1991
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: fatrob[/cite]Crofton school near catford dog track 1986-1991

Oh dear.............I'd keep quiet about that if I were you!
  • Options
    Riverston in Lee from 2000-2005
    Beths 2005-2007
    pretty certain Riverston has not yet been mentioned
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    St John Rigby, West Wickham in the 90s just before it got shut down after the thieving headmistress nicked half a million of the funds.... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/3196761.stm
  • Options
    Bishop Challoner School in Shortlands/Bromley for primary School
    St Dunstan's College in Catford, 1999-2004 (The posh school all the kids from Crofton near the dog track were jealous of!)
    Back to Bishop Challoner for 6th form 04-06, full circle.
  • Options
    Days Lane Primary 63-69
    Bexley Grammar 69-76
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]St John Rigby, West Wickham in the 90s just before it got shut down after the thieving headmistress nicked half a million of the funds....http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/3196761.stm

TEACHER'S SHOPPING LIST

£270 for a season ticket to Crystal Palace FC

She shouldn't go to jail. Supporting Palace is punishment enough.

;o)
  • Options
    1994-1998 Caister Middle School
    1998-2002 Caister High School

INDEED
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]St John Rigby, West Wickham in the 90s just before it got shut down after the thieving headmistress nicked half a million of the funds....http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/3196761.stm

TEACHER'S SHOPPING LIST

£270 for a season ticket to Crystal Palace FC

She shouldn't go to jail. Supporting Palace is punishment enough.

;o)

That hurt even more than the lack of books, central heating and cleaners Og!
  • Options
    1983-1990: Blackfen Primary (now Sherwood Park)
    1990-1997: Bexley Grammar
  • Options
    Deansfeild 81 88
    Eaglesfeild 88 93
    Crown woods 93 94
  • Options
    Earl Rise Juniors 1960-66...

Bloomfield Secondary Modern, sentenced 1966, released for good behaviour 1971...
  • Options
    Halstow 1970-1974
    Henwick1974-75
    Eaglesfield 1975-1980 Kestrel