Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Curry thread.

Comments

• really struggling for a decent takeaway in bexleyheath, had radhuni express saturday night vindaloo was mediocre
  • Shahi Spice in the Pantiles is good. For some reason you get extra portions if you order the Dupiaza.
  • Kasturi in Charlton village is decent.
    The vindaloo wasn't as hot as you get in other curry houses but glowing reviews all round from my party.

Something a bit left-field as I'm not sure i'd consider it a curry house per se is a little place in Woolwich called Kaliash momo.
    Nepalese restaurant that is simply sensational.
  • Having spent a lot of time in India recently, especially the south, I can honestly say the Biryani we get here is crap.

After eating curry for a week, including often for breakfast, i just crave a cheeseburger or a bacon sandwich!

All that said, Indian Essence in Petts Wood is as good as anything you get over there.
  • Stayed at the NEC over the weekend and had a lovely curry in Solihull on Saturday night.
  • new takeaway in Upper Wickham Lane 'Rice and Spices' - replaced Wellindian.

highly recommend it based on my first sample.
  • went to anokha friday night was superb
  • If you're in the Orpington/Petts Wood area, try Naz Balti in Orpington High Street. Only a takeaway, so can't eat in, but get a delivery and you won't be disappointed. Tastes so fresh and fragrant.
  • John Curry RIP

Our forgotten gold medallist from 1976.
  • tried the maharajah again on friday night, shit food, small portions overpriced i thought

2 cobras
    4 poppadoms
    1 keema rice
    1 mushroom rice
    1 keema naan
    1 peshwari naan
    1 lamb madras
    1 chicken tikka massala 

£59.20

• Sponsored links:

• tried the maharajah again on friday night, shit food, small portions overpriced i thought

2 cobras
    4 poppadoms
    1 keema rice
    1 mushroom rice
    1 keema naan
    1 peshwari naan
    1 lamb madras
    1 chicken tikka massala 

£59.20

Must have been small portions if you ate all that.

2 cobras
    4 poppadoms
    1 keema rice
    1 mushroom rice
    1 keema naan
    1 peshwari naan
    1 lamb madras
    1 chicken tikka massala 

£59.20

What a con, Maharajah has been crap for years..
  • edited July 2019
    yep wont be giving it a 3rd chance only went as a nicer array of pubs pre curry than bexleygrief although we just stayed at the kings, the george had 1 member of staff serving which was comical and 3 staff collecting glasses. 

new massale inn in bexleyheath broadway is nice, although there takeaway is same price as eat in so can be a bit pricey. 
  • Visited The Papadam in Tylney Road, Bromley on Sunday evening after a few beers in the Freelands Tavern. Went there some time ago and was not impressed but has changed hands and we had a really enjoyable meal. Lots of choice and not just the bog-standard menu. Will definitely be going back.
  • yep wont be giving it a 3rd chance only went as a nicer array of pubs pre curry than bexleygrief although we just stayed at the kings, the george had 1 member of staff serving which was comical and 3 staff collecting glasses. 

new massale inn in bexleyheath broadway is nice, although there takeaway is same price as eat in so can be a bit pricey. 

The Baltizer in the arches opposite is pretty decent.
  • Aligor is easily the best curry house in Bexleyheath area.
  • Spice Fusion in crayford is excellent. Huge portions too. The relatively new Dosa Gouse in Dartford (formerly the Eden Palace) is good too for something a little different (Sri Lanka street food). Quite cheap and their sambar sauce is delightfully spiced. 
  • addick05 said:
    Visited The Papadam in Tylney Road, Bromley on Sunday evening after a few beers in the Freelands Tavern. Went there some time ago and was not impressed but has changed hands and we had a really enjoyable meal. Lots of choice and not just the bog-standard menu. Will definitely be going back.
    The Tamasha is closer & better, although more expensive.
  • Still think hard to beat i-naga in coney Hall 
  • addick05 said:
    Visited The Papadam in Tylney Road, Bromley on Sunday evening after a few beers in the Freelands Tavern. Went there some time ago and was not impressed but has changed hands and we had a really enjoyable meal. Lots of choice and not just the bog-standard menu. Will definitely be going back.

So I've heard. Always intended to go but heard some iffy reports about the place eg. still charging premium prices but food/service not as good as before.  I haven't been there so will make the effort and make my own judgment.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    addick05 said:
    addick05 said:

So I've heard. Always intended to go but heard some iffy reports about the place eg. still charging premium prices but food/service not as good as before.  I haven't been there so will make the effort and make my own judgment.
    It's unique in a good way.
  • addick05 said:
    Does Kenny Sansom still live there?
  • I know that our memory plays tricks but. 
    Indian restaurant s 20 years ago served much better food than today. 
    I went to Goa on holiday a few years ago and had the best food ever. 
    I still love a ruby but they ain't what they used to be. 
  • edited July 2019
    if youre ever in balham check out the indian room. Best curry i think ive ever had.

Theres a place called darbaar in shoreditch that comes close, but thats a bit more pricey, but had an incredible 7 course meal there.
  • Shahi Spice in the Pantiles is good. For some reason you get extra portions if you order the Dupiaza.
    Shahi Spice in the Pantiles is good. For some reason you get extra portions if you order the Dupiaza.
    if youre still in t wells, the spice at the end of camden road is the best in town in my opinion. No descriptions on the menu, so you chat to their great waiting staff about what kind of dish you would like.
  • if youre ever in balham check out the indian room. Best curry i think ive ever had.

Theres a place called darbaar in shoreditch that comes close, but thats a bit more pricey, but had an incredible 7 course meal there.
    Also thali pickles isn’t bad 
  • Too hot for curry talk
  • Too hot for curry talk
    Never. 
    I could eat a red hot bum burning curry  every time I'm pissed. 
    4 times a week it is then 
  • if youre ever in balham check out the indian room. Best curry i think ive ever had.

Also thali pickles isn’t bad 
    need to check it out, tooting has the reputation for having great curry places, but balham's ones are better in my experience.
  • Too hot for curry talk
    Wash your mouth out. Reading this thread makes we want to have one (not that it takes much anyway)