Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2021

I'd thoroughly recommend Cully and Sully's Creamy Tomato and Basil soup.

Blows Heinz out of the water.

• Options
    Love a bit of Heinz Tommy soup
  • Options
    Tomatoes don't cream so surely it's :

Tomato with cream of cow soup?
  • Options
    what a fucking joke. cream of tomato?? whats does that even mean?? 
  • Options
    The king of soups, close thread.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    The king of soups, close thread.
    Not even the best Heinz soup, reopen the thread!
    Food of the Gods. Close the thread.
  • Options
    Wont beat any Baxter's
  • Options
    Heinz tomato soup with shit loads of black pepper.

Crusty roll with strong Cathedral City spreadable cheese in for dippage.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think its gone downhill over the last few years, probably had to change the levels of salt and sugar 
  • Options
    Love the stuff, as far as it not tasting like tomatoes, I found that soup made with tomatoes grown in our garden did taste similar. 
  • Options
    Never been a fan, far too sweet
    Baxter's Cullen Skink (smoked haddock & potato) is thick, luxurious and delicious.  Only needs thickly cut fresh bread heavily slathered in real butter.
    Batchelor's broccoli and cauliflower, sounds like it ought to be ming but is a veritable flavour explosion
    French onion soup freshly made in France, barely qualifies as 'soup' cos it's not really a liquid, a dish onion stewed in gravy, oh my goodness, the joy.  Impossible to share accommodation with anyone for 48 hours afterwards tho.
  • Options
    £1.70 a tin now thought I was getting a multipack for that rate
  • Options
    Heinz are profiteering, even the boss of Tesco said so & refused to stock certain Heinz items last year. 
  • Options
    I like Heinz Cream of Tomato but wouldn’t pay that price for effectively a cup of soup. Having said that I’ve never thought it tasted anything like any tomato I’ve eaten.
  • Options
    Heinz are profiteering, even the boss of Tesco said so & refused to stock certain Heinz items last year. 
    Yeah I agree- how can a non branded generic tomato soup cost 50p with broadly the same ingredients and manufacturing processes? Its a complete scam. 
  • Options
    £1.25 online with Iceland or 10 for £10
  • Options
    Wow. Not bought Heinz for years, switched to supermarket brands. Morrisons tins are 85p, though I’m sure that’s more than doubled in just a couple of years
  • Options
    Since a kid, when I’m unwell I always reach for Tommy soup. Even better if you put a chopped Carolina Reaper in with it.

Re tomatoes from supermarkets these days… most taste of nothing… if you grow your own the difference is huge. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jesus you can make at a couple of pints of soup for under a quid if you get veg from Aldi
  • Options
    £1.70 a tin, and about £5 in energy costs to warm it up
  • Options
    Love it with a kick of chilli, but agree too expensive for what it is.
  • Options
    £1.25 online with Iceland or 10 for £10
    I wasn't particularly on the hunt for it just picked it as quick snack without looking at the price and was shocked 
  • Options

80p for Heinz Soup this time last year.  They've been one of the worst company's for price gouging over recent months (along with some pet food ones)

Beans 60p to £1.40
    Soup 80p to £1.70
    Ketchup £2 to £3.40
    Ravioli/Beans & Sausages £1.20 to £2

More people will just switch to supermarket own-brand alternatives for a fraction of the price.

• Options
    I love all of the heinz soups but have stopped buying them nowadays at that price. Been having Bramwells which isn't too bad an alternative.
  • Options
    Baxters rules OK!
  • Options
    2 x 6 multipacks for £10 in Iceland. If you are a pensioner, show your bus pass on a Tuesday and get  10% off making it 75p a tin.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    what a fucking joke. cream of tomato?? whats does that even mean?? 
    Google is your friend ...

"Any “cream of” soup, tomato included, is pureed like a normal soup but then goes through a “creaming” process, wherein cream is added to the mixture."
    Surely then it should be called 'creamed' not 'cream of.'