Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson: #AFCW fans should support their own team and not hurl abuse at me - it might help

2»

Comments

• Options
    Im quite surprised that there was no reaction from their fans when Ben Reeves came on as a sub.

I guess the issue probably dates back to the issue with the Groundsman at their Ground last season; if so its not something they can complain about as it was an action of their own making!!
  • Options
    Similar to when we play Millwall, and our fans spend the 90 minutes hurling abuse at the Millwall fans, then go back to normal next match. I've got great respect for what the Womble fans have achieved, pity about their stupid obsession with KR.
  • Options

Im quite surprised that there was no reaction from their fans when Ben Reeves came on as a sub.

I guess the issue probably dates back to the issue with the Groundsman at their Ground last season; if so its not something they can complain about as it was an action of their own making!!

They did boo just not all that loudly.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

"I was quite happy. Keep having a go. That means their players aren’t getting any support, and the manager and the staff. Them having a go helped us. I’ll be the shield for this team. It really doesn’t bother me. I’m fat enough, stupid enough and ugly enough to take it. That’s my wife’s words by the way."

Pretty amusing, starting to quite like the guy.

First truthful comment to come out of Charlton for a while, make his wife CEO.
  • Options

They did boo just not all that loudly.
    Wimbledon theatre, Home of the panto. When people boo over here in SW19 it’s instinctive not to actually mean it...
  • Options
    The perfect antidote to shutting up the away fans was winning the game. As has been mentioned earlier I should empathize with them as we have a lot in common in our history but now could not give a monkeys about ‘em.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    AFC Wombles really are as charmless as their predecessors were.
  • Options

Gawd, i just think we should just 'move on' from the 'MK is not a proper football club' and Gobbo's comments - lets concentrate on the important matters such as beating the next team we have to beat. MK and AFC are small fry in our whole context. Let them wallow in the low-flying shit - lets not get involved in stuff that isnt worth getting involved in.

Yep. MK is our next home game funnily enough
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

From that same post-match interview KR gave..

"I know people at MK Dons will be very happy with that result. I can go for a pint where I live tonight and they’ll be very happy. Most importantly I’m a Charlton man. I’m Charlton’s that’s it, nobody else’s. I throw myself into it."

Legend. It might have been the right time for him to leave us, but he still knows the majority of AFC supporters are vermin.

The public love the AFCW fairytale, but football fans are starting to see how scummy AFC fans really are. Speak to any supporter of a non-league club that played at the same time AFC were in non-league and they'll tell you how despised their fans were. Same applies to Kingstonian.

We (MK Dons) might not have the moral high ground as a club, but at least we aren't as petty, childish and moronic as their fans.

Keep it up Karl, genuinely wouldn't mind seeing Charlton get promoted with KR in charge, think all MK fans will always have an affection towards him given that he delivered so much for us during his best years.

I think KRs best years are yet to come. He's still very young in managerial terms. He's starting hopefully to have his "best years" with us now
  • Options
    I don’t think he should have got involved! There is history between him and them and he has added fuel to the fire. He is the manager and should have acted professionally and said he didn’t hear it as he was concentrating on the game
  • Options

KR clearly shouted 'fcuk off' at their fans at the end of the game - can understand his sentiments but a bit uncouth in front of loads of kids.

Allegedly, last season when he managed Milton Keynes he called Charlton a basket case of a club.
    He was right though
  • Options

KR clearly shouted 'fcuk off' at their fans at the end of the game - can understand his sentiments but a bit uncouth in front of loads of kids.

Allegedly, last season when he managed Milton Keynes he called Charlton a basket case of a club.
    He was right though
    Oh, that I cannot deny.

I would like to see him confirm this.
  • Options

He was right though
    Oh, that I cannot deny.

I would like to see him confirm this.
    You can ask him Thursday