Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rugby League World Cup 2017

Comments

• Options
    Whatever happens it won't be a Australia v New Zealand final. Tonga's 28-22 win over New Zealand means that they finish top of Group B.

New Zealand will now face Fiji in the quarter finals

Australia will play Samoa after the Samoans drew 14 - 14 with Scotland.

Tonga will now face Lebanon in the quarter finals with a possible Semi Final v England.

England play France in their last group match tomorrow morning and look likely to face Papua New Guinea in the quarter finals providing they beat France and PNG beat the Yanks
  • Options
    Excellent first half from England with Widdop first class at Full Back.

Second half sloppy handling errors but that can be fixed.

The likes of Hall, Sam Burgess, Watkins, Whitehead and Hodgson will all be back for the quarter final next Sunday against PNG.

• Options
    England's completion rate is not good enough. Too many handling errors.

14-0 up at HT, but they will get found out by Tonga if they don't improve.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Great result for Fiji yesterday

Looking forward to the highlights of Lebanon v Tonga
  • Options
    Job done. Tonga next Saturday morning in Auckland. 80 minutes away from the World Cup Final
  • Options
    Here we go! Come on England
  • Options

Ha the King, the Prime Minister and the entire Tongan nation up against England
  • Options
    Good half from England but this is not over by a long shot. Tonga are an excellent side. Big threat
  • Options
    Next try is crucial
  • Options
    Job as good as done
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Job as good as done

Largely agree but anyone who saw the playoff last year between Salford and Hull KR knows it's not impossible
  • Options
    Oops
  • Options

Job as good as done

Maybe not - England falling apart.
  • Options
    Well that was heart in mouth stuff at the end. What an unbelievable last few mins.
  • Options
    I need a beer!!

My god my heart is going ten to the dozen after that last 5 mins.

Brilliant for 70 mins. That last 10 mins. Bloody hell!
  • Options

Nearly Tonga nearly

Fantastic effort, fantastic tournament, fantastic support- well done Tonga

• Options
    shirty5 said:

I need a beer!!

My god my heart is going ten to the dozen after that last 5 mins.

Brilliant for 70 mins. That last 10 mins. Bloody hell!

Yeah when McGillvary looked like he was bursting through, the sense of relief, only to lose possession
  • Options
    Massive call from the ref at the end there. Loose carry or a strip?
  • Options

Haha I'm supporting England so loose carry. But watching at real speed perhaps not.

Tonga had a great chance to score a try early in the second. The best team won but Tonga could have won
  • Options
    Great game, especially the last 5.

Felt like we were in total control but in true English fashion, we almost managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I actually thought they'd done it in the last seconds.

80% of people in the pub I watched it in were Tongan and they're great fun. Credit to their nation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    jamescafc said:

Great game, especially the last 5.

Felt like we were in total control but in true English fashion, we almost managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I actually thought they'd done it in the last seconds.

80% of people in the pub I watched it in were Tongan and they're great fun. Credit to their nation.

You in Aucklnd or Sydney at moment, James ?
  • Options
    Who beat NZ?
  • Options

Who beat NZ?

Tonga in the group stage
    Fiji in the quarter finals
  • Options
    Have we got a prayer against Australia?
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Of course but we would have to play by getting the ball out wide. Going through their middle would be difficult and suits the NRL type game.

It's on, even though the bookies give us odds of 7's to win.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

I wish I could say yes but after watching us bottle it against the Aussies on numerous occasions my head keeps saying not a chance.
    But my heart? Oh my heart says 'ABSOBLOOMINGLUTELY!!!!!!!!'
  • Options
    Whens the final?
  • Options

Whens the final?

9am this Saturday live on BBC 1
  • Options
    Saturday in some god forsaken backwater of the Empire!
  • Options
    Hmmm, wonder if i'll be able to get it online somewhere? Then again, do I really want to watch Oz give us a good stuffing in Sport. Maybe i'll just watch a re-run of the 30-3 rugby union game instead.
    We may already have drawn Oz in the World Cup draw the previous night too. (please not as we'd only lose to them then too).