Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

25th Anniversary - Back to The Valley match & dinner

123457»

Comments

• Options

seth plum said:

Nug said:

400 announced, 300 actually attend and 100 are comps. Is Sir Stuart Etherington actually Tom Rubbishow?

If you're right about the 100 comps, then it looks as if the paying fan is subsidising quite a lot of people? Surely the maximum number of comps for this event should be around 20?
    Whilst enjoying the meal I hope people forget they are contributing to paying for squirrel face's scoff.
    Moan moan moan
    Have a day off
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Nug said:

400 announced, 300 actually attend and 100 are comps. Is Sir Stuart Etherington actually Tom Rubbishow?

If you're right about the 100 comps, then it looks as if the paying fan is subsidising quite a lot of people? Surely the maximum number of comps for this event should be around 20?
    Was tongue in cheek, I have no idea how many freebies they’ve dished out.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Nug said:

Why dish out any comps?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    My view: if this is a genuine attempt to celebrate 25 years rather than just a fundraiser for charity, then it should be priced/organised so the key stakeholders, fans and valley party activists of that era can attend. Fundraising while worthy should be a side-shoot of that. So I don't agree about the demand angle.
  • Options

Just for once I am a little bit ITK.

The announcement last week that there were only ten tables left was at that time correct. On Saturday I was told it was down to five tables, so it is no surprise that the event is now the sell-out that it deserves to be.

Complimentary tickets are covered by the Dinner's two main sponsors, I understand.

I hope that all events commemorating the latest anniversary of this wonderful mile-stone in our history are a great success.
  • Options
    Like wise the home game, a celebration would be £10 a ticket and try and fill The Valley.
    But instead we get a price rise? to capitalise on those going/returning.

• Options
    indeed partner with some fans groups perhaps, collect for charity in buckets, etc, etc
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

Like wise the home game, a celebration would be £10 a ticket and try and fill The Valley.
    But instead we get a price rise? to capitalise on those going/returning.

I absolutely agree. There must be a good chance that the JS will sell out, and it's shameful that more attractive pricing hasn't been offered to ensure the same for the home areas. Unless, of course, there is an, ahem, miracle in the next few days ....
  • Options
    I will be coming to celebrate the return (hopefully sitting in the same area as 93) and ready for a protest. Hopefully it won't be a one man one again!
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Badger said:

seth plum said:

Nug said:

Why dish out any comps?
    In order to make it look, er, more full up than it would otherwise. How many of the Valley party candidates will be there? How many of them receiving complimentary tickets? Nowhere near as many as there should be because, by and large, they oppose the regime and the regime hasn't been big enough to reach out and try to make it a representative celebration.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just entered the competition Andrews Sykes are doing, fingers crossed!

Here's the link if anyone was interested - https://www.andrews-sykes.com/info/the-valley-competition/
  • Options
    BTTV92 said:

I just entered the competition Andrews Sykes are doing, fingers crossed!

Here's the link if anyone was interested - https://www.andrews-sykes.com/info/the-valley-competition/

Is that you Sir Stuart? :smiley:
  • Options
    So, how did it go?

Did anyone notice the Museum's items on display?

What was the veggie option?

Were the poor starving orphans pressing their noses to the window chased away?

Was a good time had by all?

Was only money raised for the Community Trust?

Did the Valley party get a mention?
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    I would also say that it was a great evening, sat next to Killer one of my childhood heroes.

Very well organised, the evening just flew by.

Didn't notice KM ( thank God ) if she was even there.

The evening was very much about the players and the people that made this happen 25 years ago any body that boycotted the evening IMHO missed out on one of the best Charlton related days for some years.

And the best bit of all was that the trust benefitted with a nice little earner.