Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CL's Favourite Albums: Blue vs Bridge Over Troubled Water

The first of the Quarter-Finals.

Album Name: Blue
Artist:Joni Mitchell
Release Year: 1971

Track Listing:

1. All I Want
2. My Old Man
3. Little Green
4. Carey
5. Blue
6. California
7. This Flight Tonight
8. River
9. A Case of You
10. The Last Time I Saw Richard

Listen here: https://open.spotify.com/album/1vz94WpXDVYIEGja8cjFNa

Album Name: Bridge Over Troubled Water
Artist: Simon & Garfunkel
Release Year: 1970

Track Listing:

1. Bridge over Troubled Water
2. El Condor Pasa (If I Could)
3. Cecilia
4. Keep the Customer Satisfied
5. So Long, Frank Lloyd Wright
6. The Boxer
7. Baby Driver
8. The Only Living Boy in New York
9. Why Don't You Write Me
10. Bye Bye Love
11. Song for the Asking

Listen here: https://open.spotify.com/album/0JwHz5SSvpYWuuCNbtYZoV

In the previous round, Blue was paired with The Verve's Urban Hymns. Bridge Over Troubled Water had a slightly closer battle with Fleetwood Mac's Rumours.

Comments

• Yeah, Blue
  • Just at a gig with my mate, he votes bridge over troubled water as my proxy
  • What a bastard decision. So I'm on a desert island just with record player, amp, speakers and a handy 13 amp mains socket. I just have two records, Which one do I throw into the sea ??? I think, if I keep Blue I'd just be in some forever nostalgic, slightly lovesick, Canadian mood, but Joni's voice would keep some sort of belief in humanity in my heart and trousers. BOTW would I think keep me in better nick, its mix of joyful and nostalgic songs, we could me going, as long as i could scratch El Conda Pasa into implayable condition. Its BOTW.
  • This is a hard one. BOTW is without doubt more iconic and less idiocentric, easier to hum. But I just listened to Blue again for the first time in several years and it's amazing.

So Blue.
  • No disrespect but, Blue.
  • Bridge over troubled waters for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bridge over troubled water.

• Love Bridge Over Troubled Water, but Blue wins it for me.
  • edited October 2017
    Blue.
    Not exactly comparable, I would pair Blue with Janis Ian's 'Between the lines' or Carrol King's 'Tapestry' for a challenge.
  • Bridge Over Troubled Water.
  • Bridge over troubled water.
  • I feel sick

By who..?
  • I saw on the internet the other day that if you cover Paul Simon's face from the eyes down on the cover, it looks like Art Garfunkel has a big Pancho Gonzalez moustache.

So it's Blue for me!
  • Sponsored links:

• You can send Blue off in a big yellow taxi. BOTW for me.
  • Bridge over troubled water gets my vote.
  • 11 - 8 to Bridge Over Troubled Water so far.

If votes die down towards the middle of the week, I'll consider posting another one for the second half of the week, but only if there are no more votes after a couple of 'bumps'.
  • edited October 2017
    Blue : - )
  • BOTW for me.
  • Blue. It's nothing short of genius. And it stems from complete and utter honest feeling.

I'd have voted for it over Rumours, which was what BOTW came up against last round.

Also, My Old Man holds a special place in my heart. It was my brother and his wife's first dance at their wedding, which I was (sort of) DJing for, so I had to do the introductions etc. It was a particularly beautiful moment in a day chock full of them.
  • BOTW. The fact that it beat Rumours to get into the qtr finals in one thing but to lose out to JM would be a travesty - but I supppose the fact that both Wigan & Millwall have been to a final in the last few years shows that in the end some crap still reaches the top.

BOTW. (hopefully the mod might count this twice)