Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Doncaster - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    To think I could have spent.17 quid on this and would not yet have had the pleasure of standing in line for 40 mins for a half pint of cloudy John Smiths at half time.
  • Options

45'+1'
    Billy Clarke (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the right wing.
  • Options
    Posted at
    45'+2'
    Attempt blocked. Harry Toffolo (Doncaster Rovers) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked.
  • Options
    45+3' Lawlor catches a cross under pressure from Magennis and then kicks out at the Charlton man. Ref didn't see it. 1-0. #cafc
  • Options
    Keep going Ross you're doing a great job!!
  • Options
    HT 1-0. Thanks Horsfield9
  • Options

Keep going Ross you're doing a great job!!

Seconded...at work so can't comment much,but I will for this,thank you...
  • Options
    Referee is having a shocker. Marquis is a horrible little prick. We look poor, no fluidity in the final third at all .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What an absolute muppet this referee is. Some shocking decisions in that first half.
  • Options
    Watching iFollow, we look comfortable on the ball yet haven't really created much. A better pass by Dasilva may have made the difference when he put Holmes through.

Need that second goal and being Charlton, a third.
  • Options
    Many there today? Club has been pushing me hard to buy a ticket - got both e-mails and, very unusually, a text asking begging me to buy a ticket.
  • Options
    Now in 5th spot at halftime.
  • Options
    Started well, good shot by Fosu that the keeper shouldn't have let in at near post. After about 15 minutes or so our passing game completely broke down and Donny had a good strike on a break. Poor half of football all round with an even poorer display from the ref.

Never seen offside given the wrong side of the halfway line before. Fosu booked for diving, their player got nothing for a blatant dive. Inconsistent league one refereeing strikes again.

Hoping to see Reeves in the second half
  • Options
    Afraid it looked like Fosu did dive from where I am sitting.
  • Options
    Ref ruining the game - nailed on to red card a player in the second half.

Game hasn't really flowed and the rate we're going at will finish around 7.

Can't see us holding out unless we improve....
  • Options
    Sarr could give us a bit more going forward too. Back to the goalie all the time first half and his distribution isn't up to scratch
  • Options
    Chelsea not going well at Shithurst.
  • Options
    Terrible referee. Gives offside and lets them take the free kick in our half, lets them take throw ins from where they like, amount of shirt pulling on Mag right in front of the ref who is blind as a bat. After the goal it all went scrappy and some of our passing was piss poor. Good goal though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Nailed on to be a Charlton player no doubt

Fair enough Fosu MAY have dived for his pen attempt but why was there no yellow for Marquis when he took went down?
  • Options

Nailed on to be a Charlton player no doubt

Fair enough Fosu MAY have dived for his pen attempt but why was there no yellow for Marquis when he took went down?
    Didn't think Fosu dived and as you said why wasn't Marquis booked? Loads of shirt pulling being ignored..
  • Options
    1st 15 minutes Donny couldn't string two passes together. After that it's Charlton that have appeared to be struggling. They've looked poor up front, fortunately. Was watching on ifollow, about 7 minutes behind real time, it seems. But on the stroke of half time we've had a power cut. May try the 4g tethering but don't think it'll be quick enough.
  • Options

What an absolute muppet this referee is. Some shocking decisions in that first half.

Doesnt surprise me... there are some people along from me in the East who were having some banter with the ref during the warm ups - Ref was loving it and responding, thought them the game with him would go one of two ways; either he'd be one of these good refs or one who felt the game was all about him

Definitely the latter
  • Options

Many there today? Club has been pushing me hard to buy a ticket - got both e-mails and, very unusually, a text asking begging me to buy a ticket.

No. Unless today's a designated Fancy Dress Day and thousands have come as red plastic seats.

Can't pass too much comment on the Covered End as I can only see my block (almost empty) and the block next door. The East Stand doesn't look too bad, the West is sparcely populated, and Donny have got a couple of hundred here.

Official attendance: 19,826
  • Options
    Not a great half but still go in 1-0 up. Kept our defensive shape well plus a couple good saves from Amos.

We need to just settle a little and put our foot on the ball. The front three have struggled to maintain possession. Holmes has drifted in and out and Billy Clarke has been completely anonymous.

If we can have give minutes of possession at the start of the half it should settle our nerves a bit.

Great strike from Fosu.
  • Options
    Good old Brentford
  • Options
    Scum losing just need palars to follow suit...
  • Options
    Scum losing 1-0
  • Options
    Dreadful game. Ref making it worse. If we crank it up we’ll get a few. But if we don’t we’ll get caught out. Too many just not on it today. Strange atmosphere. Like a friendly.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!