Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Top 5 Steely Dan Tracks.

2»

Comments

• Options
    I can't stop listening to Aja (the album) - it is musical perfection
  • Options
    Anyone going on Sunday?
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Aja is just magnificent - my favourite album of all time - and certainly my goto music.
    It must be 40 years old now, but is just totally timeless, a truly seminal piece of music that may well be played in another 40 years.
  • Options

Anyone going on Sunday?

Yep.
  • Options
    Mrkinski said:

Anyone going on Sunday?

Yep.
    Lucky Man.
  • Options
    Yep, very lucky man.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    It is very much a 'bucket list' gig - sad it's not Fagen and Becker but cannot wait to hear those songs live. I'll explode if they play 'FM' and anything from 'Aja.
  • Options
    Mrkinski said:

It is very much a 'bucket list' gig - sad it's not Fagen and Becker but cannot wait to hear those songs live. I'll explode if the play 'FM' and anything from 'Aja.

I dont think you'll be disappointed.
  • Options
    Mrkinski said:

Anyone going on Sunday?

Yep.
    Post a picture of what you look like, what you’ll be wearing, what time you’re setting off and a detailed route, including bus numbers, trains, car, of how you’ll be getting there.
  • Options
    And where your tickets are.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Fogive if it's already been pointed out but I've only recently became aware of 'Roaring of the Lamb'. Apparently 2 versions exists, with one sounding like a demo, the other a bit tarted up. I love the rough one, you can really hear hints of what's to come.
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51jpRyXWKCL.jpg
  • Options

Mrkinski said:

Anyone going on Sunday?

Yep.
    Post a picture of what you look like, what you’ll be wearing, what time you’re setting off and a detailed route, including bus numbers, trains, car, of how you’ll be getting there.
    I'm not going, not me. Must be a mistake. How do I delete my CL profile?
  • Options

Aja is just magnificent - my favourite album of all time - and certainly my goto music.
    It must be 40 years old now, but is just totally timeless, a truly seminal piece of music that may well be played in another 40 years.
    good post .. I am always somewhat annoyed when pieces of 'orchestral music' which I consider to be tosh are praised to the hilt and venerated simply it seems, because they are 'old' .. very many 'rock' riffs, tunes and solos are as good or better than much of what is termed 'classical' music
  • Options
    Arent they playing tonight at the O2?
  • Options

Arent they playing tonight at the O2?

they are along with another venerable US outfit, the Doobie Brothers
  • Options
    I was at the Chris Isaak / Hall and Oates gig last night. Fantastic. Would have loved to have seen the Steely Dan / Doobie Brothers show as well.
  • Options
    I'm there now - was chased to the venue by The President and Mr Nitram. Bought myself a lovely 'Aja' t-shirt.
  • Options
    Mrkinski said:

I'm there now - was chased to the venue by The President and Mr Nitram. Bought myself a lovely 'Aja' t-shirt.

We’ll be waiting outside, you won’t get far.
  • Options
    Mrkinski said:

there is also a very tasty Aja baseball cap on the market, at least there is in the USA .. any of those on sale where you are ?
  • Options
    Didn't see the cap @Lincsaddick - my eyes were drawn to the t-shirt!

The set-lisy for last night - the gig was amazing https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/steely-dan/2017/the-o2-arena-london-england-53e30795.html
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Mrkinski said:

The set-lisy for last night - the gig was amazing https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/steely-dan/2017/the-o2-arena-london-england-53e30795.html

Did he talk about Walter?

Wonder how they decide on set list?few of my favs not included, might have thrown a strop about that.
  • Options
    Mrkinski said:

I am pleased that you enjoyed it and I would have loved to have been there .. probably their last tour as well .. we will see
  • Options
    Mentioned 'things have changed for us the past couple of months - I guess we have to live with that' and whole crowd applauded. It was a 90 minute set (venue imposed - Fagen kept referring to it as they uually play for longer). Sadly no FM or Deacon Blues - though they played 5 out of 7 Aja tracks.
  • Options
    Your Gold Teeth II just played that again what a great track that is :smiley:
  • Options

Mrkinski said:

I am pleased that you enjoyed it and I would have loved to have been there .. probably their last tour as well .. we will see
    I hope not.Knowing Fagen, he'll look at the dosh made and think that maybe he wont have to split it two ways for future tours.
  • Options
    King Charlemagne, Reelin, Josie,Peg from the gig now uploaded on you tube.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Just thought how appropriate the album title “Katy Lied” is to us Addicks!