Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CL's Favourite Albums (Featuring The Dark Side of the Moon and Rattus Norvegicus)

13»

Comments

• Options
    Closer than I thought.

On to the quarter finals
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    Go for it
  • Options
    Great. I'll post the first quarter-final tomorrow.
  • Options
    If Blue wins, I shall be a very happy man
  • Options
    Of course. We need an outcome now.

I suppose as Charlton fan we're rarely interested in any progress beyond the last 16 in a cup competition.
  • Options

I'm not alone then. I've listened to Dark Side of the Moon so many times thinking "Why do I not feel anything when listening to this?" I think it's one of those that I 'just don't get'. I will be listening to it again this week though.

Floyd generally do very little for me. Rattus it is.
  • Options
    I quite like Pink Floyd on occasion, but I really, really don't think DSOTM is one of their best albums. It's a bit too soft - they definitely went crowd-pleaser, forsaking some of their more adventurous or unusual elements for something millions of people worldwide would soundtrack 4:20 with
  • Options
    Continue please, my good man.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:

I quite like Pink Floyd on occasion, but I really, really don't think DSOTM is one of their best albums. It's a bit too soft - they definitely went crowd-pleaser, forsaking some of their more adventurous or unusual elements for something millions of people worldwide would soundtrack 4:20 with

Leaving aside the artistic merits or otherwise of DSOTM, I doubt very much that the band made any conscious decision to go "crowd pleaser".
    I am no expert on post-Syd Floyd but I have no doubt it was a long hard slog for them to forge an identity and sound following the dismissal of their writer and leader.
    In a sense I think that DSOTM was their breakthrough album, but I suspect the level it's subsequent success probably surprised and staggered them.