Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football club for sale - Starting price £25m including stadium and training ground

FANS have welcomed moves to sell Bolton Wanderers Football Club — as long as the new owners are willing to invest heavily.

It was revealed that current owner Ken Anderson is willing to sell the club, with a price tag starting at £25million.

A glossy investment summary document has been produced by the club which outlines to potential investors how much it would take to buy the 94.4 per cent majority shareholding in Wanderers’ parent company, Burnden Leisure Limited.

The £25m package includes total ownership of the Macron Stadium, 40-acre training ground at Lostock, Whites Hotel and Premier Suite.

Comments

• bargain .. I'm sure the museum can raise the funds ((:>)
  • Does it include acquiring their debt as well?
  • sm said:

Does it include acquiring their debt as well?

I chatted with a Bolton fan last season .. he told me that the debt or at least a big chunk of it was illusory .. the chairman was 'paying himself' a notional £1 Million+ a year, he never took the cash but it still appears/appeared on the books as debt .. he has waived all payments
  • sm said:

@sm http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/15579837.FOR_SALE__Bolton_Wanderers_available_for___25million/

"It adds: “The company will be sold with no structured debt and just normal trade creditors outstanding.”
  • sm said:

I chatted with a Bolton fan last season .. he told me that the debt or at least a big chunk of it was illusory .. the chairman was 'paying himself' a notional £1 Million+ a year, he never took the cash but it still appears/appeared on the books as debt .. he has waived all payments
    Bl00dy hell - that chairman must have been there for more than 100 years then.
  • Bolton have a cat 2 academy same as Charlton but came 4th out of all 92 clubs for productivity. IIRC Charlton were 7th.

They were a cat 1 club but downgraded in 2015 to save money
  • not sure this is good news for us or not. if sold for 25m Roland will see that as justification that we are worth more, especially as we are in London. If however no one is interested at 25m will Roland recognise that maybe his asking price is too high as well.
  • not sure this is good news for us or not. if sold for 25m Roland will see that as justification that we are worth more, especially as we are in London. If however no one is interested at 25m will Roland recognise that maybe his asking price is too high as well.

That's the starting price, actual sale price could be lower.

They have a modern stadium with a hotel and a completed training ground which was good enough for Cat 1 two years ago.

We don't have an hotel and the training ground is partially done with at least £8m worth of work to be done according to the club.

We are in London and there not even in Bolton.

It appears that they are motivated sellers too as they have produced the brochure and are openly seeking buyers. Supposedly "we're not for sale" is the mantra from Meire although you can take that with a large pinch of salt.

They are also in a higher divison, for now at least.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's almost/basically a forced sale, so Anderson isn't in a strong position.
  • It's almost/basically a forced sale, so Anderson isn't in a strong position.

not dissimilar to when the Spivs were distressed sellers.
  • also another agent owning a club
  • sm said:

might have been 10 million a year salary ... whatever, the one time reported debt of about £120 Million was virtually a bookkeeping exercise
  • sm said:

might have been 10 million a year salary ... whatever, the one time reported debt of about £120 Million was virtually a bookkeeping exercise
    I got the impression the loans were written off when the club was bought for £1, but perhaps he has simply undertaken not to enforce the repayment in the share transfer deal. If he legally wrote them off it would i guess create the same FFP issue QPR had over loans being written off.

I think Bolton's annual losses were around £11m, similar to ours, and the owners were having to borrow from external sources at 30% to meet running costs.

Roland is of course covering our losses with his own loans. That's fortunate, but he's only doing it to protect what he's already paid in and he's the one who's responsible for a large part of the losses in the first place. That it justifies some supporters thinking that his incompetence should be immune from criticism is the unfathomable for me.

My hope is that we achieve some swift success that leads to an early sale to a new owner as wealthy as Roland but who is compos mentis.