Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton fans discount at Welling on Saturday for Non League Day

2»

Comments

• Options

I went and found everyone at Welling very friendly. The prices were good in the wings bar, and a lovely lady steward helped we less mobile than your average fans down to the vacant seats. Also they won 4 -0, so what's not to like?

Were you in the upstairs bar with your wife?
    After meeting some serious CL operators in the pub next door, we moved to the Wings' upstairs bar. I (Alan) was Jean's (HantsAddick) companion, as always a pleasure, but wife - no. A Specsavers moment .... ??
  • Options

I went and found everyone at Welling very friendly. The prices were good in the wings bar, and a lovely lady steward helped we less mobile than your average fans down to the vacant seats. Also they won 4 -0, so what's not to like?

After meeting some serious CL operators in the pub next door, we moved to the Wings' upstairs bar. I (Alan) was Jean's (HantsAddick) companion, as always a pleasure, but wife - no. A Specsavers moment .... ??
    Blimey, not been called a 'serious CL operator' before.
    Nice to meet you GHF.
    Earl of Warwick was very accommodating, service was very good, and Welling played very well, little black fella on right wing seemed tasty. Also, the Wings bar was very good, you could watch the game from there if you wanted to.
    Also good to meet up with the German Addicks and other serious operators.
    BTW what was the attendance.?
  • Options

I think we sat at your table before the game (bald bloke with a young daughter)
  • Options

Don't have a wife, I'm female.

Marriage equality hasn't reached Hants yet !
  • Options

I think we sat at your table before the game (bald bloke with a young daughter)
    I'm sorry we missed the chance to greet a true CL legend !! I have to say the hospitality was excellent, and Pam Hobbins herself would have approved the grease content of the catering. She and her cheese rolls will long abide in the memory. The Wings fans were very pleasant (except to the ref, poor bloke) and dropping the names of Ransom, White, Abbott, Robbins and Reynolds etc went down very well.
  • Options
    Mametz said:

se9addick said:

Don't have a wife, I'm female.

Marriage equality hasn't reached Hants yet !
    Wouldn't know, I don't live in Hants now either.
    I'm afraid I have to ask....You are an Addick, right?
    Yes! Am still that for my sins.
  • Options

Glad you enjoyed it HantsAddick. I thought it was a decent match with four excellent goals. Welling could make a challenge this season for the play-offs...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A very enjoyable afternoon was had. Good win too! Mind you would have gone anyway.
  • Options
    a tenner seems a lot of dosh for non league...
  • Options
    bbob said:

It''s about the going rate. Been good value at Welling this season.
  • Options
    bbob said:

bbob said:

It''s about the going rate. Been good value at Welling this season.
    Arent most Non-League tickets closer to £20 these days outside of Non-League Day?
  • Options
    National League is generally £15- £20 Adults wise
    National League around £12
    Bostik (Ryman) Premier around £10

Alot of clubs do good deals for Kids/Seniors.