Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Behind door friendlies this week

124»

Comments

• Options

ross1 said:
    I'm not sure I understand what it means to "periodise the week" and I think the guy was playing up in response to the recent comments about the "Marshy"s and "Reevesy"s, but the statement that Reeves did 8.7 km in 50 mins is impressive and I can't help liking KR's enthusiasm. It is, after all, part of his job to spread positive thinking.
    8.7km is over nine minute mile pace. I could do that at 63 with dodgy hammies. KR must have low standards or as a porkster never ran faster himself.
    I think it’s more that he managed that in a footballing context.
    Modern day players average 12-13km per match so it shows he’s getting his stamina back to where it should be.

As drawn out as it’s been - his quality is going to improve us.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

ross1 said:
    I'm not sure I understand what it means to "periodise the week" and I think the guy was playing up in response to the recent comments about the "Marshy"s and "Reevesy"s, but the statement that Reeves did 8.7 km in 50 mins is impressive and I can't help liking KR's enthusiasm. It is, after all, part of his job to spread positive thinking.
    8.7km is over nine minute mile pace. I could do that at 63 with dodgy hammies. KR must have low standards or as a porkster never ran faster himself.
    Modern day players average 12-13km per match so it shows he’s getting his stamina back to where it should be.

And with the position he plays, I imagine a fair amount of that will be in short bursts, which is very taxing.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Dazzler21 said:

Reeves secretly is 50...

He's living in denial with that hair!
    Thought I recognised him - he's an actor playing a footballer

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7c/Toby_Jones.jpg
  • Options

ross1 said:
    Jogging 10k in an hour is an entirely different kettle of fish to how footballers exert themselves through a match. The lactic build up and heart rate acceleration from sprints added to the twisting and turning simply don't happen on a steady run.
    For sure the FSG couldn't get near it himself, even with regular lager stations en route.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

SDAddick said:

Swisdom said:

ross1 said:

And with the position he plays, I imagine a fair amount of that will be in short bursts, which is very taxing.
    Which might well be different again from Lewis Page who seems to be going for burst shorts.....
    Several of Charlton's players are different from Lewis Page in that one crucial aspect - being footballers - the suitability of his shorts not a limiting factor even at his standard.
  • Options

ross1 said:
    Many footballer's only hit on average 12km in 90mins. So really not that bad.
  • Options
    WSS said:

ross1 said:
    I think by "periodising the week" is breaking it up into equal parts.

I don't know, like "days" or something.
    lol

Despite having no Saturday League game, just keeping to the regular training and pre-match routines of the week in sequence, surely?

Hence the inter-squad training match scheduled in place of the postponed League match on the Saturday.
    Helps to keep the squad, erm ...... 'normalised'.