Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Monarch Airlines

Comments

• Options
    Addickted said:

We paid over £1,000 for the 7 of us for the outward bound flight with Monarch plus over £600 for the return with Norwegian.

No flights available direct from any airport in the UK on 13th so have raised a dispute with my credit card company for the Monarch aspect.

However, we can't use the Norwegian flight home , or the accommodation we have booked if we can't get there in the first place....so don't know whether the credit card company will reimburse for this too....

Any help/suggestions would be gratefully received .Thanks.

Swim?

:smiley:

Problem there ...

I don't swim.

I drown.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I know it would be a hell of a kerfuffle, but could anyone unable to get a UK flight, go elsewhere like say to France and fly from there ?
    (If there was nothing at all from anywhere in the UK).

Probably unrealistic, but just a thought.
  • Options

I know it would be a hell of a kerfuffle, but could anyone unable to get a UK flight, go elsewhere like say to France and fly from there ?
    (If there was nothing at all from anywhere in the UK).

Probably unrealistic, but just a thought.

Again, good thinking, CE, but in our case, a 4 hour flight with a just 2 year old in the party is quite enough for us and others travelling to cope with !
  • Options
    Just catching up with all this. My sister in law was flying Monarch to Naples today - all screwed up.

Really sorry for everyone affected. Hope you get new arrangements made or all your money back.
  • Options
    Going to have a huge adverse effect on Luton Airport......bound to be significant job loses there and not only of Monarch personnel.
  • Options

Going to have a huge adverse effect on Luton Airport......bound to be significant job loses there and not only of Monarch personnel.

That's the airport that charges £2 to drop a passenger off at the terminal.
    Unashamed profiteering.
    I stopped using it for that very reason.
  • Options
    It looks as though getting the stranded Brits home will be a bit of a Dunkirk Mk 2 .. there are an estimated 110,000 of them !!
  • Options
    Stelios must be a happy bunny.
    EasyJet up 3%
  • Options
    Added a few days to our break, now visiting friends in Nottingham before shooting off to delightful Dudley, got flights to East Mids for £9.99 each. :smiley:
  • Options

Unashamed profiteering.
    I'm pretty sure Stansted do that now as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry to all affected by this. Passengers and employees. Have travelled at this time of year by monarch for the last decade. Didn’t do it this year thanks to last year’s near miss. Going BA tomorrow although our early flight to Barcelona has just been cancelled. A pain in the arse but nowt compared to all you good people. Hope you get something sorted.
  • Options
    My daughter was made redundant at 9am this morning from Monarch. She is gutted
  • Options

Sorry to hear that, what did she do at Monarch?
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

She was office based, mainly helping folk with bookings, problems etc. Not the most glamorous of roles in the airline industry but she loved it. So many of her colleagues had families, mortgages etc, at least she has none of those worries.
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

She was office based, mainly helping folk with bookings, problems etc. Not the most glamorous of roles in the airline industry but she loved it. So many of her colleagues had families, mortgages etc, at least she has none of those worries.
    Sorry to hear of this Stockport
  • Options

Really sorry to hear that. I hope that she finds something suitable and that she enjoys doing soon.
  • Options
    I heard a guy on LBC say he paid £25 for a flight to Portugal and £35 back that’s just insane it costs more on a train to Manchester

No wonder these things can’t be sustained it’s insanity to even think it could be

2015 £25 mil profit
    2016 £260 mil in debt wtf
  • Options
    Cheers for the best wishes, I'm sure she will be back on her feet soon.

My wife reminded me this morning that one of her best friends was monarch cabin crew and her husband one of their pilots.

Bad news for staff and customers alike and I hope everyone gets sorted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Cheers for the best wishes, I'm sure she will be back on her feet soon.

My wife reminded me this morning that one of her best friends was monarch cabin crew and her husband one of their pilots.

Bad news for staff and customers alike and I hope everyone gets sorted.

@stockportaddick I have pm'd you, please have a look
  • Options
    My mum and step dad were due to fly to Portugal yesterday. Couldn't get another flight so gone to Dorset instead. At least it's sunny!
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Unashamed profiteering.
    Yep - I don't fly from there either. They even have a camera car going round the access road looking for passengers "jumping out" without parking, so they can send the driver a parking charge ticket.
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

Unashamed profiteering.
    Yep - I don't fly from there either. They even have a camera car going round the access road looking for passengers "jumping out" without parking, so they can send the driver a parking charge ticket.
    Not sure how that is in any way legal or enforceable. A parking charge is part of a legal and binding contract that you cannot actually read and agree to until you have parked your car and read the notice.
  • Options
    Great shame I have never used them but heard from a number of people that the service etc. was pretty good and had a good customer service ethic. Understand they threw their eggs into the Egypt/Turkey areas and of course that market has more or less collapsed leaving them to compete in an already over subscribed sector. Never good when people lose their jobs though and sorry for anyone affected.

Just a footnote I was looking at holidays on Travel Republic on the weekend and they were STILL offering Monarch flights as an option, that to me seems a bit nuts.
  • Options
    Quite lucky I have the 2 flights booked out. Luckily I get out there with ryanair Thursday (fingers crossed) then will be rescued on Sunday or a subsecent day there after.
  • Options

It looks as though getting the stranded Brits home will be a bit of a Dunkirk Mk 2 .. there are an estimated 110,000 of them !!

I'm working on this and it is going very well so far
    Do you work for the CAA then PF?