Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Punk Rock

Did a search couldn't find a thread?

Went to see these last night at the Dublin Castle, Camden Town.

I was at Art College between 76-79, loved it and such a great time for music.

Not particularly epitomised by this band but a good gig, they look nothing like the video today but then who does.

https://youtu.be/mP_tlonC6FU

Comments

• Options
    They were the best 4 piece punk band I saw live.

Missed it but about 7 years ago they played the duchess of Edinburgh pub in welling.
  • Options
    Loved their version of Little Red Riding Hood.
  • Options
    Never liked 999 and always though of them as a "rock" band who'd speeded up the chords a bit to be "punk.

Don't think the music has stood up very well over the year but you can say that for a lot of punk stuff.
  • Options
    Thought they were ok, not premier league more mid ranking championship.
  • Options
    Smacks of Bobby Gillespie in parts
  • Options
    Had a ticket for Subhumans in York the other night but didn't go because of a nasty chest infection. They're playing up in Newcastle tonight with the Exploited, Angelic Upstarts and Peter and the Test Tube Babies but still feel too crap to make the trek up there.
  • Options

Loved their version of Little Red Riding Hood.

Yep, did that.
  • Options

Never liked 999 and always though of them as a "rock" band who'd speeded up the chords a bit to be "punk.

Don't think the music has stood up very well over the year but you can say that for a lot of punk stuff.

Halix said:

As I said, I don't think they particularly epitomised the era but just a good night out.

Arthur from the Lurkers was guesting on bass.
  • Options

Halix said:

As I said, I don't think they particularly epitomised the era but just a good night out.

Loved the Lurkers. Is it true about Stuart Pearce being on the cover of Fulham Fallout?
  • Options
    Saw 999 supporting The Heartbreakers at Stockwell college in Bromley, great gig.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Halix said:

The Lurkers, now you're talking, this way up for the Fulham Fallout.
  • Options

Had a ticket for Subhumans in York the other night but didn't go because of a nasty chest infection. They're playing up in Newcastle tonight with the Exploited, Angelic Upstarts and Peter and the Test Tube Babies but still feel too crap to make the trek up there.

Peter and the Test Tube Babies, I'd forgotten all about them. One of my best mates in the early 80's was a punk and used to listen to all this stuff (even though I was a Mod)
  • Options

Not particularly epitomised by this band but a good gig, they look nothing like the video today but then who does.

Saw them a few times including a stunning gig at the Bridge House Canning Town in the late 70’s

Still got some of their coloured vinyl.
  • Options
    Halix said:

Halix said:

The Lurkers, now you're talking, this way up for the Fulham Fallout.
    Lurkers were a great band, brilliant debut single with Shadow.
  • Options

Peter and the Test Tube Babies, I'd forgotten all about them. One of my best mates in the early 80's was a punk and used to listen to all this stuff (even though I was a Mod)
    Pissed and Proud
  • Options

Not a bad boozer The Dublin Castle. I've seen a few bands in there.