Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bayern Munich sack Carlo Ancelotti:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41429526

A poor start to the CL competition, and they are "only" 3rd in the Bundesliga...

Comments

• Options
    Hmmm wonder who they'll get in there

Or whether they'll try and get that kid in from Hoffenheim...
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    iamdan said:

Curbs 16...

MichaelAppleton.jpg...
  • Options
    Here we go again on the Manager Merry Go Round - I must admit that we could do worse than Ancelotti though I would expect at least £2m compo for Robbo.
  • Options
    Young manager from Hoffenheim has been strongly linked in the past. Seemed a cert he would be going there next season.

or Karel Fraeye

I might have misheard it
  • Options
    Scoham said:

iamdan said:

Curbs 16...

MichaelAppleton.jpg...
  • Options
    Bayern will struggle for a while .. they can no longer compete financially to attract top players like the big clubs in France, Spain and England
  • Options
    tbh, and ok I didn't see all of the match (about 50 mins either side of half time), but thought BM were the better team, they just kept getting caught on the break by a clinical forward line.
  • Options

Bayern will struggle for a while .. they can no longer compete financially to attract top players like the big clubs in France, Spain and England

'Struggle'.

Poor things might only win the league almost every year.
    Yes, Lewandowski will be demanding a move to Palace in January...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

'Struggle'.

Poor things might only win the league almost every year.
    indeed .. I meant in the context of European competition
  • Options
    Scoham said:

iamdan said:

Curbs 16...

MichaelAppleton.jpg...
    Love that we've somehow managed to make the lazy CL gags even lazier.

Genuinely got a laugh out of it.

On a serious note, listening to On The Continent, the podcast with half The Football Ramble lads and Any Brassell and James Horncastle, they were saying how the hardest thing for Ancelotti is that Bayern were so good under Pep, so fit, so strong, so dominant, that basically anything he (Ancelotti) does will feel like a step backward.

Naggelsman at Hoffenheim has been mooted as the next Bayern coach, but I don't know that anyone expected it to be so soon.

Have to say I'm baffled by this. Dortmund have started the league campaign absolutely brilliantly, but they have so many injuries to key players that their squad looks thin in some areas and I think their form will dip at some point. Bayern essentially got beaten by the best front 3 in the world the other night, and without their first choice keeper.

The reality of the situation is that Ribbery and Robben are both aging and aren't as consistently brilliant as they once were (though Robben is absolutely unplayable on his day). Coman is still something like 19 or 20 and good but raw and inconsistent. By all accounts James has started the season well, but is still kind of bedding in. I think losing Lahm and Alonso was a really big blow, both for their quality and their experience.
  • Options
    Ancelotti seems to be one of the luck few mangers that can go to any club that has the best players and most money in their league, achieve expectations or less, then get another great job off the back of it
  • Options
    Gutting, just had his book delivered!
  • Options

Ancelotti seems to be one of the luck few mangers that can go to any club that has the best players and most money in their league, achieve expectations or less, then get another great job off the back of it

Read that he's being linked with the West Ham job today... Maybe his star is finally falling...
  • Options
    edited September 2017

He's one the title in each of the 5 biggest leagues in Europe, 3 Champions Lges etc.

I get what you are saying about him being at big clubs, but isn't that the point, he did win those clubs the trophies so you can see why other big clubs employ him to do the same for them.

Sure he'd have been a better bet for United than Moyes, for example.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Scoham said:

iamdan said:

Curbs 16...

MichaelAppleton.jpg...
    Love that we've somehow managed to make the lazy CL gags even lazier.

Genuinely got a laugh out of it.

On a serious note, listening to On The Continent, the podcast with half The Football Ramble lads and Any Brassell and James Horncastle, they were saying how the hardest thing for Ancelotti is that Bayern were so good under Pep, so fit, so strong, so dominant, that basically anything he (Ancelotti) does will feel like a step backward.

Naggelsman at Hoffenheim has been mooted as the next Bayern coach, but I don't know that anyone expected it to be so soon.

Have to say I'm baffled by this. Dortmund have started the league campaign absolutely brilliantly, but they have so many injuries to key players that their squad looks thin in some areas and I think their form will dip at some point. Bayern essentially got beaten by the best front 3 in the world the other night, and without their first choice keeper.

The reality of the situation is that Ribbery and Robben are both aging and aren't as consistently brilliant as they once were (though Robben is absolutely unplayable on his day). Coman is still something like 19 or 20 and good but raw and inconsistent. By all accounts James has started the season well, but is still kind of bedding in. I think losing Lahm and Alonso was a really big blow, both for their quality and their experience.
    Remind me how many times Bayern won the Champions League under Pep?