Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Afternoon Tea

Comments

• Options

Afternoon tea!?!?!
    What in the actual feck?!?!
    Jeez I'm glad I'm in Eire now.
    What have they done to my club???????

Hold on, you clearly aren't attending any league of Ireland matches over here if you think you can't get prawn sandwiches, Earl Grey tea and table service included in the price of admission!

I was at a Shamrock Rovers match on Friday and they had run out of clotted cream so I had to make do with just jam on my scone; the absolute scandal of it! That's not to mention that there was a smudge on the table cloth, I had the Maitre-D' move us at once.
    I stopped reading after Shamrock Rovers.
    You're not fooling me sonny!!!!!
  • Options
    Afternoon tea is up there with the clubs classics from the mid 90's which consisted of Beaujolais Nouveau and Carribean Cocktails nights
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Sue Parkes will be licking her lips.

And i dont mean Katriens.

She got slung out last time by two of the car park four.
    I've popped a rib laughing too much at this. Cheers Otto
  • Options

Afternoon tea!?!?!

Hold on, you clearly aren't attending any league of Ireland matches over here if you think you can't get prawn sandwiches, Earl Grey tea and table service included in the price of admission!

I was at a Shamrock Rovers match on Friday and they had run out of clotted cream so I had to make do with just jam on my scone; the absolute scandal of it! That's not to mention that there was a smudge on the table cloth, I had the Maitre-D' move us at once.
    :wink: no airs or graces in the LOI.

You should come to a match of whichever club is closest to you.
    You'll see a club that appreciate your €15, a team that appreciate your attendance and fans with passion.
  • Options

Afternoon tea!?!?!

What happened to a feast of Guinness and a lock of potatoes?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

It is impossible to see any club menus anyway. They advertised a Lasagna event recently, but there was no way of finding out the vegetarian alternative if there was one. This talks of an assortment of sandwiches but no clue as to the content of those sandwiches.

There's always a vegetarian sandwich sneaked onto the stand with all the nice ones, it's the fish-paste one right?
  • Options
    Common sense tells me that you can't spread jam onto soft cream, so use your loaf ( or scone ) please.
  • Options
    Looks like she's underpriced it, hope she increases the cost now and advertises it as "bottomless" afternoon tea just to make it interesting
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fumbluff said:

Looks like she's underpriced it, hope she increases the cost now and advertises it as "bottomless" afternoon tea just to make it interesting

Fortnum and Masons is better than this. For a start it's (a little bit) cheaper, and as well as the stuff they serve you, they have huge cakes hanging around the place covered by glass thingys that you can get slices of in addition to what they serve you, and they give you little dinky doggie bag boxes so you can take home what you haven't managed to scoff. Just down the road from the Ritz, and on the face of it looks better.
    Birthdays and anniversaries obviously.
  • Options
    a mere 50 to take your beloved for an afternoon cuppa and a bit of tuck .. to state the obvious that is taking the piss
  • Options

a mere 50 to take your beloved for an afternoon cuppa and a bit of tuck .. to state the obvious that is taking the piss

To state the obvious, it's a oner if you want to go with her :wink:
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Afternoon tea!?!?!

:wink: no airs or graces in the LOI.

You should come to a match of whichever club is closest to you.
    You'll see a club that appreciate your €15, a team that appreciate your attendance and fans with passion.
    I wish I could.
    The would be winners of this seasons league are the nearest.
    Four hour round trip means it hasn't happened.
    Our goats are our first love now.
    But we'd die without Sky lol
  • Options
    How do you spread jam on top of the cream ?

it has to be Scone bottom , butter, jam , cream, scone top, purely from a logistics viewpoint.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    colthe3rd said:

Grumpy said:

Common sense tells me that you can't spread jam onto soft cream, so use your loaf ( or scone ) please.

Who the fuck spreads the jam with the scone, you absolute mad man.
    Absolutely - the correct technical term is that you 'dollop' the jam onto the cream.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

colthe3rd said:

Grumpy said:

Who the fuck spreads the jam with the scone, you absolute mad man.
    Absolutely - the correct technical term is that you 'dollop' the jam onto the cream.
    You dollop the jam onto the scone then the cream if you're cornish or if your devonish(wtf? is that even a thing?) you dollop the cream onto the sCONE then the jam on top.
  • Options
    When the ad says 'from' £25 per person what does 'from' mean? Could some people pay £27, or £31 or £32.63 or something? depending on whether they have the smoked salmon or the Marmite?
    I thought Tony Keystone was supposed to be an expert on this kind of stuff.
  • Options
    I like both but certainly not at the same venue. The only tea that should be near a football match is Hogsback.
  • Options

I think it's a big deal.
    I had a season ticket for forever to CAFC before I moved abroad to go and watch football, see a few friends/family and every now and then be thoroughly entertained by the sport I saw before me.
    I never went for the music, dancing, food, movies, rugby etc etc
    All those things I could and did do separately at venues befitting the experience.
    I want my once beloved club to just concentrate on putting money into a decent side that entertains and perhaps, just perhaps, the crowds may come back.
    Fecking eejits, the lot of them.

But isn't there the possibility that other people go for reasons that you don't/didn't ?

"Afternoon tea" isn't my style, but neither are half the things that go on around match days at the Valley but provided they don't interfere with my enjoyment (and having never been in the Vista Lounge in my life I doubt this wonderful offer will) then I can't see how it could possibly be "a big deal"?
  • Options

Scones served with clotted cream & jam.

Big question, cream or jam first?

cream
    Scone.
  • Options
    Whatever you put in the middle in whatever order you cant have scone on the bottom and the top. You have it in two halves with whatever on it.
  • Options

Sue Parkes will be licking her lips.

And i dont mean Katriens.

There is a joke here.......