Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players Marks: Walsall v Charlton

Your marks please

Amos:
Solly:
DaSilva:
Konsa:
Bauer:
Kashi:
Fosu-Henry:
Forster-Caskey:
Clarke:
Holmes:
Magennis:

Ahearne-Grant n/a

Comments

• edited September 2017
  • edited September 2017
    Amos: 6.5, I always think keepers should do better with range efforts, but that was a sweet/flukey goal. Distribution as usual lacking, made some great saves too.

Solly: 5.5, Typical 2017 Solly, on this performance I'd be hoping Barnes or one of the youth can step up soon.

DaSilva: 7, Solid, they tried to target him and he didn't back down.

Konsa: 6.5, not his greatest performance. Not awful though, his lack of concentration could be argued that it helped with their second... He will learn from these games. Was good to have some pace at the back.

Bauer: 6, as Konsa, however he was doing some tidying up too.

Kashi: 6 Warmed into the game, un-needed booking.

Fosu-Henry: 7 decent goal. Good moves, worked well with Clarke, Holmes and Mag.

Forster-Caskey: 6.5 decent assist, decent enough performance.

Clarke: 7 usual Clarke performance. connected play up really well and created chances with his interplay. Just wish the players receiving his passes could get some more goals!

Holmes: 7.5 nearly rescued us, typical no nonsense, must won attitude. Fantastic to see.

Magennis: 6 gets in the right positions but wasted a few chances. Really unlucky with that header but post is technically not on target. Wish he was a bit more composed at times.

Ahearne-Grant n/a: 5.5 ineffectual but does try, he seems to either tire or give up early.

Overall I think we're in desperate need to bring in a sports psychologist to give the team a boost...

They could be amazing but either concentration or composure lets us down again.
  • Watched on the stream.

Amos: 7
    Solly: 5.5
    DaSilva: 6
    Konsa: 8
    Bauer: 6.5
    Kashi: 6
    Fosu-Henry: 6.5
    Forster-Caskey: 7
    Clarke: 6
    Holmes: 7
    Magennis: 6

Ahearne-Grant n/a
  • Amos: 6 Punches the ball too much, just catch some of them
    Solly: 5.5
    DaSilva: 6.5
    Konsa: 7
    Bauer: 6
    Kashi: 5.5 Running out of steam
    Fosu-Henry: 6.5
    Forster-Caskey: 6
    Holmes: 6.5 Fantastic goal, Managed to get his shirt for Choices little boy after the game aswell. Top bloke
    Magennis 6 No way he should have missed that chance in the first half.
  • Amos: 7 made a string of good saves. No chance for either goal.
    Solly: 6 has definitely lost a bit of pace. Got best 1v1 at times but think the low marks are harsh.
    DaSilva: 7.5 our best player (apart from Holmes). Won a number of tackles and tried to get things moving forward.
    Konsa: 6 solid enough. Not amazing
    Bauer: 5 playing on the left side unsettled him and unsettled out defence I thought. Should've played Sarr instead of Konsa.
    Kashi: 5.5 great little player but not his game. Very flat. Eveeything was sidewards and backwards.
    Fosu-Henry: 6.5 faded with the rest of the team after 25 minutes. Good goal.
    Forster-Caskey: 5.5 flat.
    Clarke: 5.5 flat. Had a knock.
    Holmes: 8 tries hard to get things working but nobody is on his level. Wonderful goal.
    Magennis: 6 needs someone next to him.

Ahearne-Grant 5.5 I think he's lacking confidence... so what doesn't Robbo do? Throws him in out of position when we are under the cosh. Needs a goal

Robinson - he's to blame for the result today. Should've taken Kashi off when on a yellow card. It was very negative. He should've gone 4-4-2 and it took a wonder strike to almost nick a win. No wins in 4 now. Not good enough if we want to go up. We were very flat and he should've recognised that on about 50 minutes.
  • edited September 2017

Your marks please

Amos: 6.5. Thank goodness keepers are not allowed to pick up back passes anymore as he would bend down and try to punch them away.

Solly: 5. Too many crosses came over from his side. No tough tackling.

DaSilva: 6. Decent, not enough attacking.

Konsa: 6. Ok

Bauer: 6 OK

Kashi: 6 OK at best

Fosu-Henry: 6. An extra point for the goal. Too soft, needs to get in a gym.

Forster-Casky: 5. Reminds me of Darren ambrose but without the scoring (this is not a good thing)

Clarke: 6. Tidy player but not his night

Holmes: 8. MoM. Great goal and everything good in last third came from him

Magennis: 6 missed absolute sitter. Otherwise isolated.

Ahearne-Grant n/a

• Amos: 7 seems to be growing in confidence.
    Solly: 6 just didn't have the usual spark, too many games for him we need stronger back up from the squad.
    DaSilva: 7.5 great first half defending causing problems down the wing. I think he was tiring 2nd half.
    Konsa: 6.5 we missed Peirces self assurance but did ok job, I think midfield is a better role for him.
    Bauer: 6.5 I felt it was a fairly solid performance.
    Kashi: 6.5 Walsall managed to keep our central midfield very quiet.
    Fosu-Henry: 7 good first half, faded.
    Forster-Caskey: 6.
    Holmes: 8 put in a great effort, great goal, but he didn't get many chances to run at their defence.
    Magennis: 6.5 worked hard, just the sort of passes that he needs were not happening.

Ahearne-Grant 5.5

• Amos: 7.5
    Solly: 6.5
    DaSilva: 7
    Konsa: 7
    Bauer: 7
    Kashi: 7
    Fosu-Henry: 7
    Forster-Caskey: 7
    Clarke: 7
    Holmes: 8
    Magennis: 7
  • Amos: 7 Aside from one or two dodgy punches I thought he had a good game. One
    Solly: 6 Didn't get forward enough and his defending wasn't the best.
    DaSilva: 8 Great little player. Was left exposed at times.
    Konsa: 6.5 An agile player but doesn't close down defenders quickly enough.
    Bauer: 7 Solid
    Kashi: 6 I was very disappointed with Kashi. Thought he was playing centre half at one stage. Needs to pass forward sometimes!
    Fosu-Henry: 7.5 Worked hard and has a lot of skill. Won a lot of free kicks. Needs consistency to be a great player.
    Forster-Caskey: 6.5 Average game I thought but worked tirelessly
    Clarke: 6.5 Same as F-C
    Holmes: 8.5 Everything good came through him. Wonderful strike for the goal.
    Magennis: 8 Worked so hard and kept their centre backs busy all night. Shame about the header that he should have buried.
  • Sponsored links:

• Amos: 6
    Solly: 6
    DaSilva: 6
    Konsa: 7
    Bauer: 5.5
    Kashi: 6.5
    Fosu-Henry: 6.5
    Forster-Caskey: 6
    Clarke: 6.5 not a right wing
    Holmes: 6.5 not a number 10
    Magennis: 7
  • Dazzler21 said:

Amos: 6.5, I always think keepers should do better with range efforts, but that was a sweet/flukey goal. Distribution as usual lacking, made some great saves too.

Solly: 5.5, Typical 2017 Solly, on this performance I'd be hoping Barnes or one of the youth can step up soon.

Konsa: 6.5, not his greatest performance. Not awful though, his lack of concentration could be argued that it helped with their second... He will learn from these games. Was good to have some pace at the back.

Clarke: 7 usual Clarke performance. connected play up really well and created chances with his interplay. Just wish the players receiving his passes could get some more goals!

Holmes: 7.5 nearly rescued us, typical no nonsense, must won attitude. Fantastic to see.

Magennis: 5.5 gets in the right positions but wasted a few chances. Really unlucky with that header but post is technically not on target.
    Wish he was a bit more composed at times.

Ahearne-Grant n/a: 5.5 ineffectual but does try, he seems to either tire or give up early.

Overall I think we're in desperate need to bring in a sports psychologist to give the team a boost...

Having seen it back it was actually a good save from the keeper. He got hand on it and pushed it on the post.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Magennis: 6 gets in the right positions but wasted a few chances. Really unlucky with that header but post is technically not on target.

Having seen it back it was actually a good save from the keeper. He got hand on it and pushed it on the post.
    Fair shout will amend to the above having now re-seen it too.
  • edited September 2017
    Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Magennis: 6 gets in the right positions but wasted a few chances. Really unlucky with that header but post is technically not on target.

Fair shout will amend to the above having now re-seen it too.
    Yeah watching it at home and thus having the benefit of replaying it four or five times it's a really bloody good save. Think Magennis does everything right there. Not a lot of pace on the ball so he heads it into the ground across the goalkeeper. He's averaging 1/2 but some still think he's not prolific enough, and fair play to them, but we're being harsh if we're going to start saying he's "missed" chances like that when the keeper has actually pulled out a magnificent save.
  • Listening to VP the commentator always pronounces Amos with a hard 'a', as in 'hammer', rather than a soft 'a', as in Hamer.
    He's not correct is he?
    Who is the commentator btw?