Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fined for low attendance!!!!

https://fourfourtwo.com/features/la-liga-fine-celta-vigo-having-low-attendances

Absolutely ridiculous. Attendance not even that bad. Hope it doesn't give Sky n BT any ideas to force on their FA lackies.

Comments

• Options
    In a way I like this approach... Would force clubs to lower ticket prices perhaps?
  • Options
    Just hope the EFL don't copy them otherwise we'll be in trouble. Never seen the East Stand looking so empty before - and that was with the 30-odd school kids that obviously only came for a day out & a bag of crisps or a bar of choccy that they were buying during the game.
  • Options
    Ha, this makes me laugh.
    21st century football
    Enjoy
  • Options
    In the NFL if the game isn't something like 90% sold out, the game cannot be shown live in the home teams local area.
  • Options
    Wow... that example from the US is an interesting one

I can see how there are definitely advantages to this

Full stadia are soooo much better
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    If it was about trying to benefit the fan in some way it might be fine, but no doubt it's just all about public image and tv rights.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    The NFL fans forced to watch their team can be found wearing these. image
  • Options

The NFL fans forced to watch their team can be found wearing these. image

Strange sense of humour the yanks.
  • Options
    Another reason why the likes of our ownership will eventually get their way in shutting down stands if such laws get implemented here.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

In the NFL if the game isn't something like 90% sold out, the game cannot be shown live in the home teams local area.

I like this idea - it prevents the fans being able to boycott the game and watch it on tele. If too many people opt for arm chair watching they will not be able to see it at all.

Having said that this season, with the advent of iFollow, we are all able to watch live or on TV. For midweek games, especially, I can see me opting for the latter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

MrOneLung said:

I like this idea - it prevents the fans being able to boycott the game and watch it on tele. If too many people opt for arm chair watching they will not be able to see it at all.

Having said that this season, with the advent of iFollow, we are all able to watch live or on TV. For midweek games, especially, I can see me opting for the latter.
    SO what you're saying is you don't practice what you preach? :-)