Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Windows for dummies , me in fact.

I've been doing some electrical testing at work and need to make some sort of sheet where it has the results on columns going down each column representing a time of day this was taken . I'm a dummy when it comes to something this simple . What programme would be best to do this , word or excel? Also could someone maybe point me in the direction of a decent YouTube video which may help.

Cheers.

Comments

• Excel. Then it can calculate stuff for you, or you can sort etc....

In Word you won't be able to anything with the data
  • I don't need it to calculate. It's just there for comparisons.
  • excel - and if you can't use basic functions in excel then you are in trouble.
  • Definitely Excel...

In Column A | Line 1 you may want the title: Time of Day
    In Column B | Line 1 you may want the title to read: Results

Then in each line underneath under the respective columns you can enter the results e.g.

10:05 | 10v
    11:32 | 7v
    12:53 | 15v

and so forth
  • Sorted , just used word and click on table and it's self explanatory from there.

Did you forget to post this from 20 years ago.

Didn't do computer studies at school I'm afraid.
  • If you haven't already got Excel (or Word) installed, then it really isn't worth the hassle and expense of installing Microsoft Office just to compare some figures. Google Docs has both spreadsheet and wordprocessor apps the run in your browser and even if you don't have a Google account, you'll be up and running a lot lot quicker than trying to install Office.