Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The influence of the EU on Britain.

Comments

• Options

Let's hope Andrew Marr give Raab as hard a time as he's just given Shami Chakrabarti...

I think Andrew Marr is doing a pretty good job of showing him up for the self serving, back stabbing prick that he is. 😊
  • Options
    I thought Chakrabarti gave Marr some back with interest when she simply turned his tone back on him and upset him.
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:

Let's hope Andrew Marr give Raab as hard a time as he's just given Shami Chakrabarti...

I think Andrew Marr is doing a pretty good job of showing him up for the self serving, back stabbing prick that he is. 😊</blockquote 'd

Hmm...I'd have prefered him to show him the video of him saying no one is talking about leaving the single market but I'm sure he'd still have his stock response lined up (as per the one about him not realising how important our Dover/Calais route is).
  • Options
    Jeremy Corbyn told Sky News a second EU referendum was an "option for the future, but not an option for today".

Labour's leader said he didn't know what question would feature in a referendum.

Asked how he would vote today if he could, he said: "I don't know."
  • Options

It is the hope that kills you.

Gave a virtual free ride to Rabb in complete contrast to both the Shami Chakrabarti and Nicola Sturgeon. So the party that is at least 95% responsible for Brexit gets let off.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Jeremy Corbyn told Sky News a second EU referendum was an "option for the future, but not an option for today".

Labour's leader said he didn't know what question would feature in a referendum.

Playing a long game :smiley:
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Master plan in action, only blairites cant see it.
  • Options
    ''Shami Chakrabarti''. Most miserable depressive woman
    ever to appear on TV. Anti private schools but sends son to one?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To keep us all in to benefit from our new North Korean style economy 😊
  • Options
    I wouldn’t worry as I now believe we will stay in the EU anyway ... just as most of Parliament always wanted.

Current deal, stay in the EU but with no voice or vote - no chance this will get the necessary support.

No deal - will never get through Parliament.

Another referendum - if it’s based on the above two options plus a remain option, then remain will win with a landslide because the Leave vote will be split.

This is where our deplorable political strata have taken us ... and I do now begin to wonder if it was the plan all along. But then again, it couldn’t be because they are not intelligent enough.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    @stonemuse Remain has to be an option since we are all allowed to change our minds, but what would your alternative proposal to go on the ballot as leave means leave is very undefinable. Are you suggestion in order to not split the leave vote that the option should be around leaving completely with no surrounding agreements in place, what would be your question?
  • Options
    I'm reminded of the cunning ploy to get out of making everybody a brew when it's your turn. You make it so badly that no one will drink it and you're never asked to do it again. That's where we are with this so called 'deal' that deletes any of the advantages of actually leaving fully and is hopelessly lopsided in favour of the EU. The deal is unacceptable, no deal is unacceptable, so we will end up staying in the EU. Like a couple who can't afford to get divorced, living under the same roof in seething, silent bitter resentment.

It might be the most convenient outcome but there will be serious consequences for the Tories who are likely to get destroyed at the next election and God help us, Corbyn gets to fuck up being Prime Minister as badly as he's fucked up being Labour leader.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

@stonemuse Remain has to be an option since we are all allowed to change our minds, but what would your alternative proposal to go on the ballot as leave means leave is very undefinable. Are you suggestion in order to not split the leave vote that the option should be around leaving completely with no surrounding agreements in place, what would be your question?

Not at all ... I have no answer to the situation we find ourselves in, hence I believe we will now remain.

I agree remain must be an option ... it is the missed opportunities that annoy and frustrate me ... all due to Article 50 being enacted so soon.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

I wouldn’t worry as I now believe we will stay in the EU anyway ... just as most of Parliament always wanted.

Current deal, stay in the EU but with no voice or vote - no chance this will get the necessary support.

Another referendum - if it’s based on the above two options plus a remain option, then remain will win with a landslide because the Leave vote will be split.

This is where our deplorable political strata have taken us ... and I do now begin to wonder if it was the plan all along. But then again, it couldn’t be because they are not intelligent enough.
    You've basically repeated what I posted yesterday or the day before :smile:
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Not at all ... I have no answer to the situation we find ourselves in, hence I believe we will now remain.

I agree remain must be an option ... it is the missed opportunities that annoy and frustrate me ... all due to Article 50 being enacted so soon.
    Missed opportunities for what?
  • Options

stonemuse said:

You've basically repeated what I posted yesterday or the day before :smile:
    Proves it’s right then :wink:
  • Options

stonemuse said:

Read my innumerable and repetitive posts. You know exactly what my points are.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

I don't think this can be over until the public get a final say on what is to be offered. If parliament just pull the plug on Brexit then it's like what the hell was that all about and there won't be any resolution for people.

There has to be another referendum and we must get the questions right
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

stonemuse said:

I don't think this can be over until the public get a final say on what is to be offered. If parliament just pull the plug on Brexit then it's like what the hell was that all about and there won't be any resolution for people.

There has to be another referendum and we must get the questions right
    Referendum, election, or whatever happens ... we will remain.
  • Options
    A Government led by BoJo, Really Smug and David Dolt. Hang out the flags! Just the A Team we need to create a miraculous economic rebirth. Milk and honey for all!
  • Options
    In one sense every leave voter who had no suggestions of their own particularly with regard to the Irish border should be satisfied with the May deal.
    Many people said they had no answers, that's the politicians job, well May's deal is the job the politicians have done on your behalf.
    A lot of people who reject this May deal are still objecting on the basis of what's wrong with it, not how it could be any better.
    Personally I think it is a rubbish deal, however what it has going for it is that it isn't actually brexit as defined by some, it keeps a completely open border in Ireland for at least the next eighty years, and it is destroying the Tories.
  • Options

I think that we should have a second referendum, but totally ignore and disrespect the rssult.

You mean in the same way that we are set to leave the eu on 29th March and have an exit deal backed by the government of the day on the table ?

• Options
    stonemuse said:

Apologies if I've misremembered this but weren't you in favour of using the triggering of Article 50 as a subsequent negotiating ploy to get a better existing deal for us to stay in? In which case why does it matter when it was triggered?
  • Options

stonemuse said:

Apologies if I've misremembered this but weren't you in favour of using the triggering of Article 50 as a subsequent negotiating ploy to get a better existing deal for us to stay in? In which case why does it matter when it was triggered?
    I supported and proposed the total opposite. Do not trigger so early in order to allow both sides to still negotiate.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

Read my innumerable and repetitive posts. You know exactly what my points are.
    But the overwhelming view that has emerged over the last two years from the people who run the businesses in the UK that provide millions of jobs to UK citizens is that it is essential that the UK stays in the customs union and the single market. They have already started plans to move those jobs away from the UK. It can no longer be dismissed as project fear. People like you are so blinded by your anti EU ideologies that you are prepared to risk losing enormous benefits on the one hand in order to achieve quite minor benefits on the other.

These opportunities you refer to are a fantasy. Always were. The last two years of debate and real world response to the Brexit vote have proved that conclusively.

The views of the Northern Irish farmers expressed a couple of days ago encapsulates the conflict of political ideologues such as the DUP with businesses and individuals who are more concencerned about the future of their jobs and their businesses rather than some ancient ideas about identity.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/nov/17/dup-northern-ireland-brexit-deal-ulster-farmers-union
  • Options
    edited November 2018

''Shami Chakrabarti''. Most miserable depressive woman
    ever to appear on TV. Anti private schools but sends son to one?

Aside from the fact it was the roll out of additional grammar schools, not private schools, she spoke out against, her hipocracy around selective schooling pales into insignificance alongside the duplicity of Raab telling the public that no one was talking about leaving the single market before the referendum...only to perform a complete 180 on that after the vote.

I know which one I consider to be the more harmful to the UK.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/18/zac-goldsmith-becomes-24th-mp-to-openly-submit-letter-of-no-confidence-in-theresa-may-8151651/

Zac Goldsmith taking a risk of getting dumped from his strongly Remain constituency again if his letter eventually results in a General Election. Should be a nailed on Lib Dem gain with this rubbing of his constituents nose in it.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!