Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

My away day at Gillingham on Saturday

Comments

• clb74 said:

Picture courtesy of Tom Morris

Competition time, spot Blackpool72.
    Hard one that they've all got hair in the photo
    I gave you a lol for that Chris.

But hair or not I'm still better looking than you
  • clb74 said:

My granddad is better looking than him......and he's been dead 23 years.
  • clb74 said:

My granddad is better looking than him......and he's been dead 23 years.
    $%&$
  • Picture courtesy of Tom Morris

John Thompson from Cold Feet with the slanty flat cap.

Bit before my time but recognise a couple of faces there, especially the guy front and middle getting held back.
  • edited September 2017

Gary Megson

Bit before my time but recognise a couple of faces there, especially the guy front and middle getting held back.
    Bit before your time thought you said you were coming up to 60
  • Great pic btw
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

I really like that photo. Of a time way before mine, and yes, it looks like it's picturing a fight, and I don't condone violence of any kind, but that's just a little window into what looked like a good time to be a supporter. Maybe the football was crap, my dad refers to the seventies as the free fall years. Safe up until March and then we pushed self destruct. But that has everything I want from football. A packed terrace, all supporters bunched in together. Would love to see safe standing back

A team on the pitch and a team on the terraces ... that's how we saw it anyway.

There was a hard core of Covered Enders who travelled away and we went everywhere together. We didn't have the numbers of the big teams but everyone knew when we were there.
  • clb74 said:

Gary Megson

John Daniels from orpington

Does his name begin with a V?
  • Which one are you @blackpool72 ? robin Aswith, Jim Davidson, Ed Byrne, Frank Spencer, Billy Bonds or Benny from Crossroads?

I'm the good looking one with long dark hair near the top right of the picture

Does his name begin with a V?
    No it begins with D
  • i am also in that pic
  • stonemuse said:

cabbles said:

I really like that photo. Of a time way before mine, and yes, it looks like it's picturing a fight, and I don't condone violence of any kind, but that's just a little window into what looked like a good time to be a supporter. Maybe the football was crap, my dad refers to the seventies as the free fall years. Safe up until March and then we pushed self destruct. But that has everything I want from football. A packed terrace, all supporters bunched in together. Would love to see safe standing back

There was a hard core of Covered Enders who travelled away and we went everywhere together. We didn't have the numbers of the big teams but everyone knew when we were there.
    Amen to that bruv
  • i am also in that pic

Ha, just spotted!
  • i am also in that pic

Ha, just spotted!
    Good looking lot wernt we
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:

Oh Afkas age
  • i do remember the incident
  • stonemuse said:

cabbles said:

Amen to that bruv
    You was a hooligan Blackpool
  • i am also in that pic

Ha, just spotted!
    Good looking lot wernt we
    True style mate :wink:

... and an amazing amount of hair.
  • clb74 said:

stonemuse said:

cabbles said:

Amen to that bruv
    The magistrate said that as well
    There were a few court appearances around that time amongst those in the picture.

The joys of away travel lol
  • stonemuse said:

clb74 said:

stonemuse said:

cabbles said:

Amen to that bruv
    The magistrate said that as well
    There were a few court appearances around that time amongst those in the picture.

The joys of away travel lol
    Best days ever
  • they were Derby and one is on the floor after an attempted kung fo kick at me . Afew bolted to the left
  • they were Derby and one is on the floor after an attempted kung fo kick at me . Afew bolted to the left

They all bolted when we met up after the game: )