Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ParkRun / Running Thread

Comments

• Options
    I went for a 5k late morning and I’m utterly baked, no breeze, roasting hot. Need to find the speed I used to have, that’s really disappeared
  • Options
    5 mile run for me today, feel shattered.
  • Options
    Did a half marathon this morning in Battersea Park. 8.75 laps of a course so a bit tedious but very flat so was hoping for a good time. Whilst I took about 50 seconds off my previous best the warm weather completely did for me and I honestly felt like jacking it in before the last lap.  How people do something like the Marathon des Sables I'll never know.
    I cycled through the park at about half ten, if you’d had your Charlton shirt on I’d have given you a yell!
  • Options
    Perfect morning for it, get yourselves up and out there peeps 
  • Options
    Looking forward to it!
  • Options
    Today is the first day of the Riesenbecker Sixdays. It's been a long wait. The last time was 2018. The 2020 run has to be cancelled due to Corona. But now six days of fun are waiting for me. 122 km till Thursday through the lovely Teutoburger Wald. If someone is interested in this kind of run, the next one is 2024 and registration starts at the end of August 2023. www.riesenbecker-sixdays.de

• Options
    Yet another 28.30. I just can't seem to get any faster. Having said that first 3k were the hardest, so maybe I shouldn't be afraaid to do more of a warm up.
  • Options
    This year has been frustrating, not coming close to last year's times.  But out of the blue came a Swanley Park PB today.  And it was also an overall 2022 PB which given the hills in the park I'm more than happy with.  A successful start to my birthday !
  • Options
    Well done @Hex . My pre and post Covid times could read as a completely different person. Looking at my Strava I’ve recorded 92 runs in the last year since recovering but despite running consistently I can’t make any improvement, all round 1.15 - 2 mins a mile slower than what I was previously running for a few years. Previously if I had a break from running it would take me 2-3 runs to get back to my best so that’s taking a fraction longer :-) 

It’s weird at Parkrun where I say hello to the same faces I used to run alongside but I now finish 3-5 mins behind. Mentally I’ve wiped out all my previous runs and now just focusing on trying to beat my post Covid PB. 

I do keep reminding myself it’s not about times, it’s about being active and triggering positivity and a healthier lifestyle etc. Really wished I’d started running earlier than turning 40. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did the Chislehurst half last Sunday with my neighbor. Really hilly, mixed terrain course. Just broke two hours which was pretty disappointing but the course was brutal. We decided to do another half on Friday to see where we were at, as I knew the course was difficult and didn’t really represent our fitness levels. Chucked in a 1.47 which I was pretty happy with. Still 10 mins off my pb but not getting any younger and I trained pretty hard to do that. Would be good to break 1.40 by the end of the year.
  • Options
    MadGerman said:
    Today is the first day of the Riesenbecker Sixdays. It's been a long wait. The last time was 2018. The 2020 run has to be cancelled due to Corona. But now six days of fun are waiting for me. 122 km till Thursday through the lovely Teutoburger Wald. If someone is interested in this kind of run, the next one is 2024 and registration starts at the end of August 2023. www.riesenbecker-sixdays.de

All the best MG, sounds beautiful and insane at the same time!  ;)

I doth my hat!

https://www.runnersworld.de/laufkalender/riesenbeckersixdays/
  • Options
    MadGerman said:

How's it going MG? Sounds amazing.
  • Options
    MadGerman said:
    The first day was quite good. I didn't run too fast and finished the 19 km in 1:50:09. Today was the hardest part 19.8 km with 435 m in heights. After 1:59:07 I crossed the finish line. Now I need to rest my muscles. Tomorrow at 6 p.m is the start of the third part 18.6 km with 233 m in heights. I really love this run. It's the ninth time for me. Time takes it toll and I am far from my pb. But I enjoy every single moment. Finishphoto from yesterday (I'm the one on the right No. 302)

Great stuff, but the moths have been at Eugens socks…
  • Options
    I think I'm down at the Malling Parkrun tomorrow, looks a nice flat one around a lake.

Regarding the North Downs - is there a point when it will become too late for hill training to have an effect for race day (26/6), so we should stick to flats? Thanks.
  • Options
    After my success at Swanley Park last week I managed an overall PB by 30secs at Dartford Park this morning.  Having wondered whether I would ever make the times of last year it's amazing how quickly things can change.
  • Options
    Managed to knock about 30 secs off my usual time, which was good as I thought I wasn't going anywhere
  • Options
    Psysio appointment tomorrow to look at my knee. Not being able to run at all is getting me down. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedPanda said:
    I think I'm down at the Malling Parkrun tomorrow, looks a nice flat one around a lake.

Regarding the North Downs - is there a point when it will become too late for hill training to have an effect for race day (26/6), so we should stick to flats? Thanks.
    Never too late to run up
    and down a hill in my book. 
  • Options
    This blooming annoyed me yesterday.

Thought in the week that I'd clock up a milestone figure on my pedometer thingy this weekend. I even looked at it getting ready, yet I flipping forgot to start the thing when I set off, which I never do.

Sad. I know...
  • Options
    Did Poolbeg Park Run in Dublin yesterday morning.  Would recommend it for any visitors to Dublin. Well organised and very welcoming. Paying for it today though, went out way too fast and left hamstring is not happy....
  • Options

Best exercise time may differ for men and women, study suggests

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-61636805
  • Options
    Anyone do this today? Had the Pacers out and whilst they were struggling to keep pace as it was crowded, I did manage to sneak under 28 mins for the first.time in years,.so pretty chuffed
  • Options
    I tried Dartford Heath for the first time. Nice and flat although most of it's trails.

Went to Malling last week which is another flat one. I set a PB there. 

Got one last long run this week then I'll be tapering for North Downs. It's come around quickly. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I went to The Leas last week, that's mostly flat tarmac along the Sheppey beach front. That's a PB course if it's not windy.

Went to Foots Cray Meadows today, really hard going for a largely flat course! Has a few hundred metres on gravel then the rest is grass and trails
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    I tried Dartford Heath for the first time. Nice and flat although most of it's trails.

Went to Malling last week which is another flat one. I set a PB there. 

Got one last long run this week then I'll be tapering for North Downs. It's come around quickly. 
    I am looking forward to NDR next week. Weather looks a little cooler at the moment too. Which I am glad about. I am aiming, possibly optimistically, to break the 3 hour mark.