Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ParkRun / Running Thread

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    20 miles in 2:34:18 this morning. Steadily progressing towards that sub 3:30 marathon.
    Great run last week, fell apart this week.

17m in 2:18:58 but have been ill the last few days when barely eaten a thing... So will have to take that... I just had no power in my legs despite feeling good in terms of cardio.
    I'm sure you will be fine, what marathon are you doing? 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Cheers @Numbers Both Brighton and London.
  • Options
    PB today and feel ruined for it.  Planning on running from London bridge to Orpington tomorrow in preparation for Hastings half marathon next Sunday.  

Madness
  • Options
    rina said:
    Oakster said:
    In Ottawa, Canada watching my daughter race (Cross Country Skiing) - two local park runs to choose from. Both called off due to weather! Grrrrr.....
    blimey, it must be bad if the Canadians won't run in it
    Too warm mate, melted the snow too fast which froze overnight to creare an ice rink - I would have been totally fine in my spikes but I guess they wanted to be safe. There was a St Patricks day run in the city, but $40 for two miles!! That works out at just under $7 a minute at my pace - no way!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cheers @Numbers Both Brighton and London.
    Fair play doing both, good luck.
    I did Brighton in 2016, my goal was sub 3:30 too. In my training I did four 20 mile runs at average pace of about 7.45 and ran the marathon at 7:40 average so going by that and your 20 miler which is about 7:40ish you should be fine unless other things go against you (weather, illness etc) 8 min/mile is about 3:30 so you have leeway

• Options
    3-seconds off my pb, 3-seconds and it nearly killed me....
    I think I blame the iPhone for playing too much Queen, I was visualising Rocket Ship Ajax being despatched to collect my body....
  • Options
    I wanted to take it easy today as I have a hard 20 miler tomorrow so was pleased when a friend asked me to pace her to sub 27, it meant I couldn't get carried away. Got her round in 26:26 so I'm now feeling rather satisfied with my morning's work
  • Options
    27.47, better than I've done for a while. Lovely weather for it as well, dry with enough of a chill to stop me overheating
  • Options
    Well done @Fumbluff

I endured 5 hours of Ikea and Charlton retail park instead of my morning trot. Finally replaced my 12yr old Nike’s with some discounted nonsense from Decathlon, so look forward to injuring myself with those later :-) 
  • Options
    After a bad few weeks I at least managed to get round without stopping today. 32 mins. 
    The reality of being 62 is I need to run at least once during the week between park runs or I get slower. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Missed a pb by 2 seconds today but more proud of my 4 hour walk up park lane afterwards 
  • Options
    PB today and feel ruined for it.  Planning on running from London bridge to Orpington tomorrow in preparation for Hastings half marathon next Sunday.  

Madness
    Hope it went well for you today...lovely weather for the Hastings Half.
  • Options

Madness
    Thanks mate.  Did it in 1.44 56seconds so was well chuffed.

The support from the locals was immense and weather was amazing.  

Had my black Charlton shorts on with my club running vest in case you clocked an addick!
  • Options
    Great time mate, well done 
  • Options
    Thanks mate
  • Options
    Did my first tourist run at Sizewell B nuclear power station. Interesting course, just one lap. All sand based along side the beach. Firm underfoot but very uneven. A very disappointing 45min+. Of my 25 odd runs only the 2nd I’ve done without walking for a bit but like the other one, very slow. Anyway very enjoyable and part of a lads weekend away in Suffolk which has been fantastic. Loads of walking along with our run and some fantastic local ales.  
  • Options

Madness

Had my black Charlton shorts on with my club running vest in case you clocked an addick!
    Great time congratulations.
  • Options

Madness

Great time congratulations.
    Glad the locals gave you a good reception.
  • Options
    Thanks @Hastingsaddick was a great morning but feeling it now!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hey!!! What happened to everyone this week. 

41:59 for me but felt slower, my third fastest. Hopefully I will have a good few weeks as I'm off the booze (since 26th March) and trying to eat healthier and less! Although I drink a lot I find food far harder to cut back on. On the wagon till end of May. 
     Signed up for New Eltham Joggers "Eltham Park 5". I did it last year for the first time and that's what got me into running. It's a great event and I thoroughly recommend it. 
    https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/eltham-park-5-2019-registration-56553257315
  • Options
    Slept through it, oops
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Nice one Riviera. I need to follow your lead... Went on a Leo Sayer instead, and I'm still not right
  • Options
    Another 16.25 miles done yesterday in 2:04:25

Pretty happy with that given there was over 700ft of elevation on my route.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    My first Parkrun for a month this morning, can’t wait. Determined to get within 1 min of PB. Good luck everyone and hopefully see some of you at Avery Hill Park
  • Options
    Debut at great lines today, nice course, managed to track the 24 pacer start to finish but was too knackered to thank him 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    New PB today 40:42 and sub 40min "is becoming a reality" as the Mamas and Papas would say. Felt good and did best parts of 1 1/2 laps before going into shuffle mode. Ran some of the uphill parts to and saved enough for a bit of a finish. Never had so many people finish behind me. Nearly two weeks off the booze and bad food must be helping. Surely the less weight you carry the faster you can run?
     Well done @AFKABartram who achieved his goal of getting within a minute of his PB
  • Options
    First run for a couple of months after injury, illnesses and a little tardiness.  Felt fine but slower than my previous two.  Managed about 28/29 mins I think so happy with that.
  • Options
    26.42, considering that was my first run for a fortnight I'll take that all day