Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who will be relegated from the prem?

I caught the second half of Bournemouth vs Brighton on Friday night and when Brighton went a goal up, I thought thinks could really get tricky for them if they went 5 defeats in a row.

They turned it round. This year could be so very tight. Immediately, huddersfield and Brighton have been written off, but both have had a win (or two) and with the form of Palace (that's a shame), who knows.

There's also so many teams like Bournemouth that although they have been in the division for a couple of years now, survival should still be their main aim. Will Watford and Southampton's constant changing of managers come back to trip them up. It can't work every year. Sides like Burnley will also be in consideration

So, as it stands, I think

18th Huddersfield
19th Brighton
20th Palace

Comments

• Options
    both the 'Bs' and Palace
  • Options
    Crystal Palace because they've done nothing... think one of Huddersfield and Brighton will join them if not both

Bournemouth could well be down there themselves which surprises me; Swansea might fall into difficulty same with Leicester... that final relegation spot could go right down to the wire with nearly the whole of the bottom half in trouble come May (probably wont now I've said that) - Said at the start of the season that with Aston VIlla and Sunderland gone there is a lack of safety for anyone now!!
  • Options
    I too like Bournemouth and Eddie Howe and hope they stay up, their couple of seasons experience together with Judas goals will help them survive.
    Palace are deffo gone this year, it will be 8 games, 8 defeats soon, whether or not they score a goal.
    Brighton unfortunately will join them as they don't have enough about them.
    My third choice is West Ham. They will have a mini run of defeats before Christmas and get rid of Bilic. Harry will then come in, stripe them up for a few million and drop through the trap door into oblivion.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Palace will get out of it; Millwall will also stay up. Just wanting it doesn't make it happen. I think Huddersfield, Brighton and Bournemouth will be relegated.
  • Options
    Quite a few people seem to think palarce are too good to go down.
    But if they lose their next three as is likely zero points from 8 games will leave them with a mountain to climb.
    So it's palarce plus two others for me.
  • Options
    Unless Roy shows superhuman powers you have to say Palace, even after so few games.

Apart from them I'd like to see West Ham drop but I think you have to wait 10 games for a realistic prediction.
  • Options
    Huddersfield have a bit about them. Bournemouth too, although 2017 has been a pretty shitty year for them results-wise.

I think Brighton are nailed on, but I can't see two other teams letting Palace out of jail this time.
  • Options
    Brighton, Bournemouth, Swansea

Roy will get Palace organized and functional and they'll end up with something like 40 points. They're not a great squad, they're not particularly deep, but I fear they'll have enough.

Will be sad to see Brighton drop but look forward to playing them next season in the Championship. They have some quality but not quite good enough at the back and not good enough going forward.

Bournemouth kind of got away with other teams being terrible last year. Eddie Howe has done a great job there but they aren't quite good enough and they haven't really looked to evolve this year.

Swansea: Think Clement is a decent manager, but they don't have goals or creativity in the side. It's been sad to watch them deteriorate from such a great possession based team who had such great continuity of management AND who had fan representatives on the board. But since the partial acquisition by the Americans things seem to have gone downhill.
  • Options
    Huddersfield, Brighton and Palace.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Palace will stay up, you just know they will.
  • Options
    Palace,West Ham, Brighton.
  • Options

Palace will stay up, you just know they will.

Sadly I agree.
    Roy will get them solid at the back and they will rely on Zaha and Puncheon etc to feed off Benteke.
    They may well lose the next 3 (I bet they don't) but we are not even out of September yet so plenty of season to grind their way back up.
    Obviously I hope I am wrong
  • Options
    Swansea
    Brighton HA
    C Palace
  • Options
    Palace will wriggle out of it sadly.

Three from Brighton, Huddersfield, Burnley, Bournemouth and Newcastle.

As Curbs used to say the 'league within the league' will be key.
  • Options
    I saw Bournemouth in pre-season and they were dreadful. As in absolutely shocking. As in I reckon we would have beaten them. Fear the worst for them this year unless Howe gets some creativity into midfield from somewhere sharpish.

As for others, I had an antipost bet on Saints as I don't think the churn of players and managers can go on working forever.

Last one, sadly won't be CP imo, and Wagner seems to know what he's doing too. I can't spilt Swansea or Brighton at this early stage.
  • Options
    Bournemouth
    Swansea
    Brighton
  • Options
    Start of the season I had Huddersfield as certs for relegation but now I'm not so sure - still think they will be there or thereabouts & it will be between

Brighton
    Swansea
    Palarse
    Huddersfield
    WBA
  • Options
    18. Bournemouth
    19. Palace
    20. Brighton
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Brighton
    Palace
    Watford

if,as seems likely, Palace have a max of 3 points after 10 games (they have the next 3 that are well know, but then Newcastle away and Wham at home to complete the 10.
    That means they have to get 37 points from 28 games to get to the magical 40 points - i cant see them averaging almost 1.5 points per game from thereon in tbh - most of the teams above them will be at least 7 points away by then anyway.
    I can see the likes of Cabaye,Benteke,Sakho not having the guts/willingness for a relegation fight and wanting a move in the Jan window.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Liverpool
    Palace
    West ham
  • Options
    Palace, Newcastle, Bournemouth
  • Options
    Palace are fucked
    End of
    Move on
  • Options
    I hope its Newcastle and Palace and then take your pick out of about 5 clubs
  • Options
    Palace will go eight games without a point. That's a tremendously difficult catch up for them. I think if they come off the back of the next three games, both Manchester clubs and Chelsea without a point then that's relegation even at this early stage. I think their partners in relegation will be Bournemouth and Brighton.

Millwall will stay up.
  • Options
    Palace and Westham relegated, Millwall stay up and we'll go out the playoffs in the semis
  • Options

Palace will go eight games without a point. That's a tremendously difficult catch up for them. I think if they come off the back of the next three games, both Manchester clubs and Chelsea without a point then that's relegation even at this early stage. I think their partners in relegation will be Bournemouth and Brighton.

Millwall will stay up.

I think Roy sets his teams up to do well against the bigger sides: sit deep, defend well, and counter.

Even if they get 0 from the first 8, at the rate the other sides are going they might only be 8-9 points off safety. Over 30 games, that's doable.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Millwall will stay up.

I think Roy sets his teams up to do well against the bigger sides: sit deep, defend well, and counter.

Even if they get 0 from the first 8, at the rate the other sides are going they might only be 8-9 points off safety. Over 30 games, that's doable.
    Doable yes. Would leave 30 games to get 38 points ? That's still pretty tough in the PL without a fantastic turnaround of form. Would mean effectively one win, one draw one loss for the season. I think that's tough.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

SDAddick said:

Millwall will stay up.

Doable yes. Would leave 30 games to get 38 points ? That's still pretty tough in the PL without a fantastic turnaround of form. Would mean effectively one win, one draw one loss for the season. I think that's tough.
    Agree it's not easy but I'm also not convinced it'll take 40 points this year. I think the likes of Bournemouth, Brighton, Swansea, West Ham, Hudds, Newcastle, Soton, and even Stoke, and West Brom and Burnley are all sides that have a really poor run of form in them. That's half the league and if Palace catch some of them on off days they'll make up ground quickly.

Maybe they're the Sunderland of this year, after years of flirting with danger they finally are so bad they just get cut adrift. But I'm a superstitious man and don't want to get my hopes up.
  • Options

Palace are fucked
    End of
    Move on

This ... please.

Bournemouth look far too weak as a squad to survive.

Hope the Hamsters go with them but unfortunately think it will be Brighton.