Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Am I being unreasonable?

124»

Comments

• Options
    I don't see why people are automatically assuming that because the lady doesn't want to walk down two floors and back up again every time someone knocks on the door she is unable to and should live on the ground floor.

Presumably she knew, when she took the flat, that there was an intercom. If that's the case then it is a change after the event that she is not complying with.

I'm reasonably healthy (all be it on walking sticks temporarily) but I wouldn't want to walk down two floors to open my door if I had an intercom that can do it for me and was in use when I agreed to live in the flat.

I think the comments about her health and her weight are as unreasonable as they are irrelavent. Just as I think the noise she (or her son) makes on a rowing machine are irrelavent to the front door issue.

I'd be interested to know if she was consulted about the new lock before it was installed and, if so, what her views were then.
  • Options

I don't see why people are automatically assuming that because the lady doesn't want to walk down two floors and back up again every time someone knocks on the door she is unable to and should live on the ground floor.

Presumably she knew, when she took the flat, that there was an intercom. If that's the case then it is a change after the event that she is not complying with.

I'm reasonably healthy (all be it on walking sticks temporarily) but I wouldn't want to walk down two floors to open my door if I had an intercom that can do it for me and was in use when I agreed to live in the flat.

I think the comments about her health and her weight are as unreasonable as they are irrelavent. Just as I think the noise she (or her son) makes on a rowing machine are irrelavent to the front door issue.

I'd be interested to know if she was consulted about the new lock before it was installed and, if so, what her views were then.

The new locks were installed long before she arrived.
  • Options
    That does change things. It doesn't change that she wouldn't want to come downstairs but it does mean that she should have known about it and has no excuse for not locking the door.
  • Options
    Am I even more of a shit now that we've lost today?
  • Options

Am I even more of a shit now that we've lost today?

Everyone is more of a $hit now that we've lost.

;-)
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

Tell the fat fucker to lock the door and suggest that she might find it easier to get up and down if she didn't eat so many takeaways

Too bloody right.

Being serious, you are being totally reasonable.
    Some good points raised since I posted so I've changed my mind you unreasonable bastard.

:wink:
    Ditto.
  • Options

stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

Tell the fat fucker to lock the door and suggest that she might find it easier to get up and down if she didn't eat so many takeaways

Too bloody right.

Being serious, you are being totally reasonable.
    Some good points raised since I posted so I've changed my mind you unreasonable bastard.

:wink:
    Ditto.
    Both of you, turncoats, as soon as the tide turns, you desert a sinking ship.

Well thanks a bunch fellas;)