Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gillingham v Charlton | Sat 16 Sept | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Redrobo said:

How many levels are there?

They are going to be dirty, Homes needs to make sure he does not get involved and sent off.

Expect us to win by at least 2 clear goals.

Doesnt even need a Red Card to be technically sent off... Only needs a yellow to miss Bury!!
  • Options

Charlton manager Karl Robinson has revealed that Josh Magennis is one of a number of players to be nursing a minor knock after Tuesday’s 3-0 defeat to Wigan Athletic.

But the Addicks chief does not expect anybody to be missing for Saturday’s trip to Gillingham.

“We’ve got one or two knocks,” said Robinson. “We’ve got one or two bruises. Josh is one of those. We’ll see how he reacts.

“A few got little kicks and bruises but nothing that I can see affecting my decision [on team selection].”

Midfielder Ahmed Kashi, who ended 18 months out with an Achilles injury when he returned to first-team action this season, was replaced in the second half in midweek.

The Algerian international has been a fixture of the side this season.

“I took him off earlier because I knew he wouldn’t cope – the frequency of games we have at the moment it is the first time he has done that for two years,” said Robinson. “That is a long time.

“Chris Solly’s knee feels great.”

Ben Reeves is still working his way back to match fitness.

“He has been running this week,” explained Robinson. “His scan came back fine. There is no scar tissue anymore. I’m not saying he’s injured – I’m not saying he is fit.

“He has got a little tiny strain when he came back through not having a condition [missing the summer pre-season fitness schedule as he signed just before the League One campaign started].”

Only one question. Why is Robinson feeling Solly's knee?
  • Options
    Been positive about every single game this season but have a bad feeling about this for some reason.

Expecting a poor quality, scrappy game. Hopefully a bit of class from Holmes or Clarke will prove the difference
  • Options
    3-0 Away win, Gills are in a rut and an early goal from the addicks starts the romp! COYR

Shit ground, went year we got beat in the FA Cup, Scotty Parker in the away end just as he was signing for Chelski. Hope the weather isnt too bad and their temp stand holds up
  • Options
    I actually agree with @happyvalley, think we'll thump them 4-0
  • Options
    Big Bob I like it, away win 1-3.
  • Options
    We will batter them, 3-0
  • Options
    Just reading their forum they are all doom and gloom and fully expect to get beat.
    Because of that I'm going for a 3-1 to The Addicks ( Magennis , Fosu and Bauer )
  • Options
    Crucial game for some fans. A win and Wigan will be treated as a blip, a defeat will be calling for heads to roll, a draw will produce a mix of opinions. Still a lot of games to play, I say.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Crucial game for some fans. A win and Wigan will be treated as a blip, a defeat will be calling for heads to roll, a draw will produce a mix of opinions. Still a lot of games to play, I say.

Yeah good points here, including an illustration of how fickle football fans are. Already there's been a lot of talk before games of "if we win this we're title contenders." but there are 38 games to be played, and so far this looks like a league where pretty much anyone can beat anyone on any given day.

It will obviously be important to bounce back after Tuesday night, but we need to be cautious about treating every game as though it will make or break our season.

Also, I understand it'd a lot easier for me to say given I don't go to matches, don't pay for travel, tickets, etc.
  • Options
    I hope they enforce the no standing laws.
  • Options
    the jolly knight also had the football on last time watched the liverpool game in there after charlton match
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Just bumped into Konsa and Da silva in Sainsbury's Greenwich (both buying toilet plungers...) JDS reckons 2-0 win.
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Just bumped into Konsa and Da silva in Sainsbury's Greenwich (both buying toilet plungers...) JDS reckons 2-0 win.

Who blocked the toilet in the first place?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gills 7-0 Charlton
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Clearly the Sparrows Lane canteen is following the Atkins diet...
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    Curb_It said:
    There is the dog and bone at the other end of the High Street from the station that is worth a whirl as well.
  • Options
    We rarely lose at Gillingham but then we do not win very often either. Very bad feeling about this after the tired display on Tuesday. Hope for a win but think it might be a defeat. 2-0 to Gillingham and the worry begins.
  • Options
    1-2 Addicks win, but a nervy last 10 minutes.
  • Options
    I thought we would win on Tuesday and I don't dare make a prediction. This is a very important game for us.
  • Options
    Think we will get something out of this...shame I can't see a win tho,(prove me wrong please) gonna go 2-2 with Clarke & Bauer,
    Up The Addicks...!!
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    iamdan said:

anything to plug robinson up.
  • Options
    Local derby ( for them ) so form goes completely out of window . We should win but even then it would be really edgy and nervy and we just don't seem to be able to cope with that on the whole . Not convinced by the Southend result that we can cope with closing a game out when we concede late as will probably happen again today .More likely to draw than lose although wouldn't rule that out at all . 1 - 1 most likely score with an away draw never being a bad result whatever the circumstances.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!