Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Iphone X

Comments

• Options

6 weeks?!? To be honest that is still quite some delay.

Was this directly from Apple or via upgrade?

On a slow boat from China.
  • Options
    I walked into Carphone Warehouse and pre-ordered one for next week. Funny how much fuss there is about getting one, and it took me less than ten minutes to sort and apparently I will definitely get it next Friday...
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I walked into Carphone Warehouse and pre-ordered one for next week. Funny how much fuss there is about getting one, and it took me less than ten minutes to sort and apparently I will definitely get it next Friday...

I was told the same for my Vodafone upgrade.....I hope this is the case.
  • Options

On a slow boat from China.
    I know someone who cycled it in just over 6 weeks!
  • Options
    All of sudden, my iPhone 6 battery is shocking. I have the update pending with which previous phones/updates has finished my phone off, forcing me to buy another handset. F**KERS.
  • Options
    iamdan said:

All of sudden, my iPhone 6 battery is shocking. I have the update pending with which previous phones/updates has finished my phone off, forcing me to buy another handset. F**KERS.

same has happened to me, not just sucking the life out of it but doing that annoying thing where it drops from 20% to 3% then when you plug it in it goes up to 40%. So assuming it is about to die.

Believe it or not, my main motivation for staying with an iphone is that i don't want to lose my candy crush level - 2,600 and something. Sad, sad individual.

Nothing is driving me towards an X (and definitely not an 8) and i like what i read about the Pixel 2 - anyone know anything about it?
  • Options

I bought one directly from Apple so it’s not on a contract.
  • Options
    I bought the 8 and love it , however I was previously on the 6 so mine is a fair upgrade.

To get the X with the same storage was a ridiculous amount of money. Anyone that buys on contract needs their head read.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

I bought the 8 and love it , however I was previously on the 6 so mine is a fair upgrade.

To get the X with the same storage was a ridiculous amount of money. Anyone that buys on contract needs their head read.

it'd be the same upgrade for me to an 8, what's the highlights?
  • Options

iamdan said:

same has happened to me, not just sucking the life out of it but doing that annoying thing where it drops from 20% to 3% then when you plug it in it goes up to 40%. So assuming it is about to die.

Believe it or not, my main motivation for staying with an iphone is that i don't want to lose my candy crush level - 2,600 and something. Sad, sad individual.

Nothing is driving me towards an X (and definitely not an 8) and i like what i read about the Pixel 2 - anyone know anything about it?
    Pretty sure you can transfer it to a new phone, using Facebook!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

iamdan said:

Pretty sure you can transfer it to a new phone, using Facebook!
    You can if it’s synced with FB yes. You’ll lose any extra power ups you’ll have though!

• Options
    iamdan said:

Mine too. I've got a 6S and recently upgraded to IOS 11. Since then the battery life has been shocking! Went into Apple in Regent Street and they said " Oh the 6S - always had a poor battery...you should upgrade while the phone qualifies for a trade-in!". Being a fan of Apple and having a great dislike for Android - I probably will (mug).
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

iamdan said:

Mine too. I've got a 6S and recently upgraded to IOS 11. Since then the battery life has been shocking! Went into Apple in Regent Street and they said " Oh the 6S - always had a poor battery...you should upgrade while the phone qualifies for a trade-in!". Being a fan of Apple and having a great dislike for Android - I probably will (mug).
    What's the reason for the Android dislike?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

cafc-west said:

iamdan said:

Have used an earlier version and just didn’t like it - thought it was a bit clunky - think it’s more what you get used to. Know IOS pretty well and that’s probably more it than a dislike as such.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Dazzler21 said:

cafc-west said:

iamdan said:

Have used an earlier version and just didn’t like it - thought it was a bit clunky - think it’s more what you get used to. Know IOS pretty well and that’s probably more it than a dislike as such.
    You can download an IOS style theme on Android that looks, feels and acts just like IOS.

Google one launcher:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

cafc-west said:

Dazzler21 said:

cafc-west said:

iamdan said:

You can download an IOS style theme on Android that looks, feels and acts just like IOS.

Google one launcher:

That does look amazing and seems to emulate the IOS look and feel pretty good. Don't think it would make me switch though. Guess I'm an Apple fan and switching doesn't really appeal. Bit like asking an XBox'er to switch to PS4...
  • Options
    Upgrading to a 8 plus on the upgrade program on Monday, and I will thank the X buyers for sorting out the bugs for me when I get one next year.

Never ever buy first gen Apple hardware!
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Just a word of warning for people who pre ordered in store and were told one week... we said the same to customers in my store this time last year and all of sudden we were told (two days before they were due in store) that there were significant delays and some people ended up waiting a full month.

Was a nightmare getting special permission to cancel upgrades...
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Upgrading to a 8 plus on the upgrade program on Monday, and I will thank the X buyers for sorting out the bugs for me when I get one next year.

Isn't iPhone 8 still first gen hardware?
  • Options
    I don't really see that the X does that the S8 doesn't already do and more.

Plus the S8 is far better looking.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Rothko said:

Isn't iPhone 8 still first gen hardware?
    Not really, 8 is tried and trusted based on the 7, bankers like Touch ID and the screen tech, the X has bits such as the array in the notch which needs to prove that it works and isn't buggy.
  • Options
    Oddly, i was planning on buying a new phone today, and then last night Whatsapp stopped working for me saying my version was now out of date and i needed to upgrade - well, guess what, not enough memory to upgrade to new version of Whatsapp!.
    So, taking Jessie's advice, a Huawei P20 Lite is going to be purchased today.!
  • Options

Oddly, i was planning on buying a new phone today, and then last night Whatsapp stopped working for me saying my version was now out of date and i needed to upgrade - well, guess what, not enough memory to upgrade to new version of Whatsapp!.

Got my daughter a Huawei P20 Lite. She moved from a Samsung S7 and loves the Huawei. I liked it so much that I binned Apple a week ago when I was due an upgrade. Got a P20 Pro - it is a fantastic bit of kit for the price, really impressed.

Phone was free and £35 a month. IPhone X's would have been £150 upfront and at least £75 a month!
  • Options
    Have read a lot about the latest OnePlus phone, comes out at around £500 so it's not cheap - anyone know anything about it? Seems to be reviewing pretty well.
  • Options
    Had the Huawei P20 for a couple of weeks now and it's really good.

Paying £22 pm
  • Options

Got my daughter a Huawei P20 Lite. She moved from a Samsung S7 and loves the Huawei. I liked it so much that I binned Apple a week ago when I was due an upgrade. Got a P20 Pro - it is a fantastic bit of kit for the price, really impressed.

Phone was free and £35 a month. IPhone X's would have been £150 upfront and at least £75 a month!
    Its a misconception that the phones are 'free'. I bet if you asked your service provider for the same deal on a sim only deal it would be £15/£20 cheaper. Over the term of a two year contract that's upwards of £360.
  • Options
    I purchased the iPhone Xs last week and like the phone. A bit concerned about the facial recognition as I don’t think it’s as secure as the finger print access.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Its a misconception that the phones are 'free'. I bet if you asked your service provider for the same deal on a sim only deal it would be £15/£20 cheaper. Over the term of a two year contract that's upwards of £360.
    Got my P20 ( not lite) for £22 pm for 2 years.(£30 up front)
    Ultd txts ultd mins 4GB of data.

It's a £600 pound phone!

Pretty sure I'm getting something for nothing.
  • Options

PopIcon said:

Got my P20 ( not lite) for £22 pm for 2 years.(£30 up front)
    Ultd txts ultd mins 4GB of data.

It's a £600 pound phone!

Pretty sure I'm getting something for nothing.
    You can get the same deal for £8 a month on a sim only. So you are paying £366 more than you would be on a sim only deal. If you shop around you'll get a new P20 for £469. While you're not getting something for nothing you have saved £100.