Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Millwall and the South London Press share a lot of values... Hmmmm
  • Years ago when I was at college on the wrong side of the River I used to buy copies of the SLP for the Secretary as her son was Millwall-mad and they couldn't get it in that part of Millwall territory. (and the local East London paper focused on Newham and only covered West Ham).

• Did anyone buy it anyway?
  • SLP has always been a Millwall focussed paper.

• Millwall and the South London Press share a lot of values... Hmmmm

First things I think of when I want to hire a skip, Millwall & SLP. ;)
  • edited September 2017
    what's a newspaper ??? As in the words of Paul Simon.........."I get all the news I need from the weather report"
  • The local papers in our area are crap for sport.
  • Sponsored links:

• The local papers in our area are crap for sport.

They are just crap, actually,
  • rananegra said:

Years ago when I was at college on the wrong side of the River I used to buy copies of the SLP for the Secretary as her son was Millwall-mad and they couldn't get it in that part of Millwall territory. (and the local East London paper focused on Newham and only covered West Ham).

My boss is based in New York and his son has randomly adopted Palace as his team, keeps asking me to buy a Palace top for him but I've managed to avoid doing so thus far.
  • How will they report the next outbreak of thuggery at the toolbox ?

"Passions run high at relegation decider"
  • se9addick said:

rananegra said:

Years ago when I was at college on the wrong side of the River I used to buy copies of the SLP for the Secretary as her son was Millwall-mad and they couldn't get it in that part of Millwall territory. (and the local East London paper focused on Newham and only covered West Ham).

My boss is based in New York and his son has randomly adopted Palace as his team, keeps asking me to buy a Palace top for him but I've managed to avoid doing so thus far.
    Get him a t shirt with a picture of the Queen on it
  • How will they report the next outbreak of thuggery at the toolbox ?

"Passions run high at relegation decider"

Wrong thread.....

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/61773/millwall-relegation-watch-confirmed-p65
  • JamesSeed said:

What'll happen when they're relegated and Charlton are promoted?
    I assume they'll just switch the Championship and League One references around in the reports.
  • Funnily enough, the SLP is now based in Charlton - it's now in the tiny office units next to the MOT garage on Rathmore Road, at the bottom of Victoria Way. Assume what remains of the Mercury is there now too, but it still gives the Travelodge in Penge (seriously) as its address on the masthead. As some here will know already, the SLP's owners collapsed into administration recently and the titles are now owned by a leaflet delivery firm based near Romford.

They've got a big problem - it's obviously not making money, and they've made it to 2017 without any kind of strategy for what they do online. (The ads on their website appear to be default Google ads for US non-profits - they've not even bothered to try to sell ads to local businesses; which is f***ing insane.) So I reckon they might be asking Millwall's commercial department to find them some advertisers.

The sport is the only thing left going for it, unfortunately - Richard Cawley and co do a good job, and are probably keeping the paper alive.
  • They have got loads of values in common. Where do you think the Millwall brick idea came from? The rolled up SLP of course! ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• More photos of Harris smug face hopefully, along with quotes like "we'll make the den as hostile an atmosphere as possible, teams won't want to play here"
    And "the pressure's all on the home team, they have a bigger budget than us"

• Nasty cheap worthless lying disreputable waste of space... and the SLP are as well!
  • I won't be buying it anymore OFFICIAL
  • Funnily enough, the SLP is now based in Charlton - it's now in the tiny office units next to the MOT garage on Rathmore Road, at the bottom of Victoria Way. Assume what remains of the Mercury is there now too, but it still gives the Travelodge in Penge (seriously) as its address on the masthead. As some here will know already, the SLP's owners collapsed into administration recently and the titles are now owned by a leaflet delivery firm based near Romford.

They've got a big problem - it's obviously not making money, and they've made it to 2017 without any kind of strategy for what they do online. (The ads on their website appear to be default Google ads for US non-profits - they've not even bothered to try to sell ads to local businesses; which is f***ing insane.) So I reckon they might be asking Millwall's commercial department to find them some advertisers.

The sport is the only thing left going for it, unfortunately - Richard Cawley and co do a good job, and are probably keeping the paper alive.

If things are that bad, are Millwall paying the SLP to have its name on their shirts?
  • se9addick said:

rananegra said:

Get him a t shirt with a picture of the Queen on it
    find out when his sons birthday is and send it wrapped so he gives it straight to his son
  • My rabbit takes it every week. She finds it very absorbent.

Have you tried batteries?
  • edited September 2017
    They've just started dropping the SLP through my letterbox in Battersea/Clapham.
    Never seen it around here before. It's free.

• edited September 2017
    How many people actually buy local newspapers ? Genuine question, what sort of circulation would a publication like SLP have ?
  • I havn't bought a newspaper for what must be five years at least. National or local. Surely the only future for a local rag is free and delivered. I can see value in a local authority newspaper which gives local news and information. As for others I couldn't care less.
  • JamesSeed said:

They've just started dropping the SLP through my letterbox in Battersea/Clapham.
    Never seen it around here before. It's free.

That's disgusting, I don't want to see articles about that hated team on this board

Please remove the Surrey story :smile: