Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ah....so it's looking good..

Will be back on Saturday for first time since Coventry at home last season.....i've been enticed back by what i've heard and seen on tv........i'm weak and have missed it....will be with my 2 boys for our first game

Comments

• Positivity
  • 1967CAFC said:

Will be back on Saturday for first time since Coventry at home last season.....i've been enticed back by what i've heard and seen on tv........i'm weak and have missed it....will be with my 2 boys for our first game

If you are going to do that you might as well buy season tickets now. You probably will want to afterwards unless there's a complete collapse in form next Saturday
  • Hope Charlton put in a performance for you
  • The signs of recovery are definitely there if the players can maintain focus and be ruthless when needed, resilient when required then we have a chance , the one thing that was evident is we still have a vulnerability to panic , sit deep and stop playing the same game that gets us into that good position in the first place, I do worry that our Centre half pairing is too similar and go into the same areas without communicating
  • #inrolandwetrust :wink:
  • Think Southend will certainly be the hardest of all the home games so far...

Be happy if we come away with a draw, they've made a slow start yet Phil Brown always has them up there at the end of the season
  • Good point @nth london addick ,I thought the same thing when Bauer and Pearce attacked the same ball.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hartlepool have a few bad results and their "loyal" fans jump ship.
  • Obviously can't complain about results and league position but I'm still cautious. Our squad is still threadbare and we're conceding more than I would like. We've also had good starts to the season before and nothing has come of it (eg, the season with Peeters starting in charge).

On the plus side, and despite my longstanding dislike of the man, at least Robinson appears to have been allowed some time to deliver rather than the previous revolving door to the managers office.

Have the Belgian twats finally started to learn? Maybe. But it's going to take more than a bright start to convince me that this is the case.
  • Enjoy the good times while the're here!
  • POSITIVITY
  • edited September 2017

1967CAFC said:

If you are going to do that you might as well buy season tickets now. You probably will want to afterwards unless there's a complete collapse in form next Saturday
    I'd take it game by game. Saturday will only be the 6th game of the season against another poor side.
    Nothing has really changed, we still have a paper thin squad.
    If we are still bowling over teams come Jan/Feb, then it might be time for some to return to their former commitment. Until then, while we win, I'll keep buying match day tickets.
  • cafc_will said:

POSITIVITY

Lovely song by Suede
  • Hartlepool have a few bad results and their "loyal" fans jump ship.

Ah yes, Charlton welcome back the Monkey Hangers. Good as we need as many supporters as we can muster.
  • edited September 2017

1967CAFC said:

I'd take it game by game. Saturday will only be the 6th game of the season against another poor side.
    Nothing has really changed, we still have a paper thin squad.
    If we are still bowling over teams come Jan/Feb, then it might be time for some to return to their former commitment. Until then, while we win, I'll keep buying match day tickets.
    losing teams have paper thin squads with players that feel every slight knock. Winning teams have squads of the same size that are too big and players desperate to grab their chance to play and keep their place and who don't notice minor knocks. We lost Marshall right at the beginning. By all accounts he would have been an integral part of the team. We havent missed him so far.
  • 5 games into a 46 game season under a regime that has year on year cocked everything up. Come and speak to me after Xmas
  • agim said:

5 games into a 46 game season under a regime that has year on year cocked everything up. Come and speak to me after Xmas

Certainly what happens on the pitch could go Pete Tong but I don't really see how even this owner can impact on what happens between now and the next window.

• Sponsored links:

• agim said:

5 games into a 46 game season under a regime that has year on year cocked everything up. Come and speak to me after Xmas

Certainly what happens on the pitch could go Pete Tong but I don't really see how even this owner can impact on what happens between now and the next window.

Agree, other than sacking KR which now seems unlikely.