Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Novak Joins Scunthorpe (Perm Deal)

Comments

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:

He never quite cut it for some reason, on paper was a good signing.

But to replace him with an inexperienced loanee is the Roland way.

• Options
    Seems a really odd deal. He was still contracted so we must have really wanted to get him off the books to palm him off for free. Not only that, are Scunthorpe realistically gonna match his 6k wages, or has he taken a hit to go back north? He never settled here for whatever reason but I reckon he'll do well for Scunthorpe.
  • Options

Seems a really odd deal. He was still contracted so we must have really wanted to get him off the books to palm him off for free. Not only that, are Scunthorpe realistically gonna match his 6k wages, or has he taken a hit to go back north? He never settled here for whatever reason but I reckon he'll do well for Scunthorpe.

Houses are a lot cheaper oop north. Wages won't be a problem.
  • Options

Or has Meire paid him to go, like so many others?
  • Options
    That's just madness. Utter fucking madness by the club.
  • Options
    He nearly went Scunthorpe last season. I think they would probably have picked up his wages on a free.
  • Options
    Cheapest round of ten drinks I've bought in the last 30 years was at Scunny.

Was under £8 about it 5 years ago.

Novak will be at home.
  • Options

Not Meier's choice......Novak effectively terminated his contract.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Yet more gaps appear in roly's weird jigsaw
  • Options
    Didn't work out for him at Charlton but to let him go to a rival without a decent replacement is just plain stupid. Stupid is as stupid does!
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Taken from the SUFC club news in Forever Addicted's link......"The 28-year-old has penned a two-year deal to sign for the Iron on Transfer Deadline Day, following his exit from Charlton Athletic."
    Freudian slip? or did they only agree to sign him FOLLOWING his "exit"
  • Options

Taken from the SUFC club news in Forever Addicted's link......"The 28-year-old has penned a two-year deal to sign for the Iron on Transfer Deadline Day, following his exit from Charlton Athletic."
    Freudian slip? or did they agree to sign him FOLLOWING his "exit"

Well technically yes I suppose, it's a free transfer.
  • Options
    Sounds like another one we have paid off to me. would rather have kept him and signed Dodoo seeing the number of forwards we have let go.

Or Robinson has real faith in RCH and Lapsie.

Or we are just short of forwards for the sake of the budget. I believe we are on a much better situation than we have been since SCP was sacked but would have loved another forward.Lets hope we avoid injuries
  • Options
    I'm really starting to warm to Robinson, particularly the way he's set out his plan this summer.
    But I really hope @LouisMend or richard cawley ask him why he's strengthened a rival league one team by allowing novak to join Scunthorpe - and for nothing! - after he bemoaned our attempts to sign a striker from a rival.
    It doesn't make sense. And yes I realise Novak was home sick but tough. He joins who we want him to or stays and starts at Oldham.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Wonder if letting him go to a rival was a risk worth taking in order to get his wages off the books.

That said, we need more than Magennis and Dodoo as striker options. Someone like Grigg would've been perfect but we all know how that played out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not Meier's choice......Novak effectively terminated his contract.
    so far today Arsenal kept Sanchez, Saints kept Van Djyk & Liverpool kept Coutinho - all players who were desperate to leave & at least 2 of them had put in transfer requests. Just because a player wants to leave doesn't mean you let them go for nothing.
    They have known for a while now that Novak wanted out and his agent was actively putting feelers out. KR said he only wanted to keep and sign players who wanted to play for us, Novak didn't.
    Today Novak and his agent forced this move. The club didn't have the balls or belief in keeping him against his wishes and agreed to terminate his contract (hence free transfer cobblers). They were then left shopping in the rejects market.
    The fact that they knew his desire was to leave and decided they couldn't stump up enough cash or attract the right type of replacement has once again highlighted the amateurish people we have negotiating our transfer business.
    If Arsenal can keep Sanchez when 60 million is on the table I'm sure we could have kept Novak.

Sanchez wants to play for Arsenal as much as I want to have dinner with squirrel face.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

I'm really starting to warm to Robinson, particularly the way he's set out his plan this summer.
    But I really hope @LouisMend or richard cawley ask him why he's strengthened a rival league one team by allowing novak to join Scunthorpe - and for nothing! - after he bemoaned our attempts to sign a striker from a rival.
    It doesn't make sense. And yes I realise Novak was home sick but tough. He joins who we want him to or stays and starts at Oldham.

Precisely.
  • Options
    Why would you listen to anything Gobby says?

He has bullshitted the whole transfer window. His next PC he will say something like we defended off bids for our young stars etc.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

He has bullshitted the whole transfer window. His next PC he will say something like we defended off bids for our young stars etc.

I take it you havent seen charlton play this season, or any of the players he's brought in
  • Options

I take it you havent seen charlton play this season, or any of the players he's brought in
    WTF has that got to do with anything?

Keep defending a regime who has mugged you off once again.

• Options

I would rather listen to his positivity than read your negativity that's for sure.

What bullshit? He has signed some excellent players, unloaded the high earners and massively improved the team. His team is playing attractive football and is connecting with the crowd.

Yes he will come out and say he defended bids for our youngsters, and probably our better players - because he has. To prove it, they are still here.

He will also say he tried to sign his striker target Will Grigg. And that will be true as well. He will also say thar Novak was released because he no longer wanted to be here and he does not want negative players about the place. That will also be true. He will no doubt say he wish he had more. So do we.
  • Options
    I think Novak is in a completely different position to Sanchez, Coutinio and the Southampton centre half. Those three players are going to be playing in the Works Cup next summer so they need to get their heads down and play.

Novak, on the other hand, may or may not have been sending out a message to KR, KM and RD by getting himself sent off in six minutes against Bristol Rovers.

He may or may not have done what the likes of Bailey, Francis and others have done by making it clear that he was better moved on. Tony Watt put out a statement of intent and earned himself a move against Bristol Rovers too.

I'm not happy with the lack of signinngs up front - especially as KR stated that if Watt left we would be bringing in a replacement and we 'sold' two strikers after that and only brought in one loan player. However, I'm not sure that keeping Novak or Watt would have improved our chances this season based on their contributions.

Just because we didn't sign the players we wanted doesn't, in my view, justify carrying on paying players that weren't having around.
  • Options
    Novak would still have had to at for his next contract, happy or not he's got to be a better option than what we have..... No one!
  • Options
    he never seemed to fit in at CAFC and the fans just did not like him .. seems a strange signing for the Iron, they tend to play it along the floor .. I'll have to check and see if they have sold one of their strikers and have consequently decided on a tactical change