Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Charlton v Northampton

13»

Comments

• Options
    Amos: 7
    Solly: 7
    DaSilva: 8
    Bauer: 7
    Pearce: 7
    Kashi: 8
    Forster-Caskey: 8.5
    Holmes: 8
    Clarke: 9 mom
    Fosu: 6.5
    Magennis: 7.5
  • Options
    Amos: 7.5
    Solly: 6.5
    DaSilva: 7
    Pearce: 6.5
    Kashi: 7.5
    Clarke: 8.5
    Fosu: 6.5
    Magennis: 7
  • Options
    Amos: 8.
    Holmes: 8.5
    Clarke: 9 mom
    Fosu: 7
  • Options
    Clarke: 9
  • Options
    DaSilva: 7.5
    Forster-Caskey: 8
    Clarke: 8.5
  • Options
    Amos: - 8
    Pearce: 7.5
    Kashi: 7
    Holmes: 7.5
  • Options
    Amos: 6 still has me worried, yes pulled off a good save, but not comming for a ball when being shepperded and leaving defender exposed not good.
    Solly: 6, has lost pace
    DaSilva: 7, the best of the defense
    Bauer: 6
    Pearce: 6
    Kashi: 7
    Forster-Caskey: 8, would have been 7 but 2 goals has to count.
    Holmes: 8 Work ethic and skill for the whole time on the pitch, needed subbing at the end signs of cramp setting in.
    Clarke: 7
    Fosu: 7 must improve passing when near th opponents goal area.
    Magennis: 7 extra point for the goal.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Amos: 7 - Handling a little suspect, but has one thing in spades that Rudd didn't show last season. He's as brave as a lion, and throws himself where the boots are flying.

Solly: 6 - Solid. Struggled a little against a team of Blackpool Towers, but never took a backward step.

DaSilva: 7 - A loanee, who could have taken one look at the giants he was up against, and backed off. Not Jay. Seemed to relish the challenge. Wish he'd scored after his run where he seemingly beat the whole Northampton team twice.

Bauer: 8 - The Paddy of last season would have allowed himself to be bullied by the hulks he was up against. Seems to be relishing playing alongside Pearce.

Pearce: 8 - Best of the defence. As much for his constant marshalling of the back line, as his courage.

Kashi: 8 - It can not be underestimated his importance in the way the team is set up to play. Win it, move it on. Always be available to the back four. Never stop moving. Like a new signing, and a bloody good one.

Forster-Caskey: 9 - A strong performance, even before the goals. Constantly driving the team forward. Oh, and if he doesn't win goal of the season, I can't wait to see the goal that beats it!

Holmes: 8.5 - A constant thorn in the Cobblers' side. Constantly running at the opposition. Also scored my favourite goal of the match, because of the slick passing that lead up to it.

Clarke: 9 - MOTM. I have said before, there is no such thing as a perfect game, but this was pretty close. Did so much work. Even in defence, was winning the ball and clearing it. A number of moments stuck in my mind. The lovely reverse pass across the edge of the penalty area in the first half, for Ricky to shoot. Helping out Solly in the second, and calmly kicking the ball against a Northampton player to win a throw in to slow the game down. His numerous involvements in the 2nd goal. And, although Konsa will get the assist for the third, his ball to Konsa to set up that goal, was sublime. Outstanding, all over the pitch.

Fosu: 6 - Dangerous with the ball at his feet, but decision making was wayward. Still young, and will get better.

Magennis 6.5 - Battling, Josh type performance. Never let their back line relax. Could, and should, have had 2 goals.
  • Options
    Is it too late to upgrade my mark for Magennis? Just watched the whole of the 1st half again, and he worked very hard, so 7 instead of a 6 if that's poss?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Is it too late to upgrade my mark for Magennis? Just watched the whole of the 1st half again, and he worked very hard, so 7 instead of a 6 if that's poss?

Where does one find such imagery?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

JamesSeed said:

Where does one find such imagery?
    Valley Pass
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Amos: 7.5 great saves, looked in the first half like he was following a 'play it out from the back' brief to the letter
    Solly: 7 decent enough, looked like he may have been a little to blame for the goal
    DaSilva: 7.5 good with the ball, getting harder and harder to bully
    Bauer: 7 decent game, no clangers - worries me a little sometimes
    Pearce: 7.5 proper centre back performance
    Kashi: 8 not quite his 95% pass accuracy today but very composed on the ball, covers some serious ground and looked like he felt it at times. His work massively freed up JFC to get forward.
    Forster-Caskey: 8.5 Getting himself into great attacking positions all game and good on the ball. Best I've seen him.
    Holmes: 7.5 No interest in moving the ball quickly when he receives it. Good thing he's quality when he does hold onto it too long.
    Clarke: 8.5 very good game, was everywhere, good decision making, great on the ball - looks like a top signing!
    Fosu: 7 fast feet, going to terrorise some full backs this season
    Magennis: 7.5 put himself about well and well taken header
    Ahearne-Grant: n/a lively, maybe harsh but made me think he hasn't got that much in his locker when he couldn't beat their backpedalling lump of a centre back (#6) 1-on-1
    Konsa: n/a looked superb when he came on
    Jackson: n/a trundled on magnificently
  • Options
    Your marks please 0.5 to 10

Solly: 6
    Holmes: 9
    Fosu: 8
  • Options
    Didn't watch live but just sat through the entire game whilst in a telephone conference.... No idea if I was needed but decided after 10 minutes (my dept weren't required at this stage we've done our bit!) I wasn't and that I'd watch the game.

Solly: 6 - too many fouls given away.
    Clarke: 7

All in all a decent performance, tougher opposition won't be so wasteful of their own opportunities...
  • Options

Amos: 7.5 - big improvement, made some great saves and looked much more comfortable in the air. Kicking poor though.
    Solly: 7 - solid defensively, struggled a little going forward.
    DaSilva: 7.5 - He is going to be some player.
    Bauer: 7 - solid, dealt reasonably well with some huge Northampton players.
    Pearce: 7 - as Bauer.
    Kashi: 7.5 - made a few uncharacteristic mistakes, but he breeds confidence in players around him and marshalls the midfield brilliantly. Freed JFC up to exploit the spaces in front of the oppo defence.
    Forster-Caskey: 8.5 Top performace from the lad, stunning second goal and some great interplay with Holmes and Clarke.
    Holmes: 8 - Classic Ricky performance, always busy, always available and scared them at time.
    Clarke: 9 - What an afternoon for the Irishman, he was everywhere and involved in everything. Worked his socks off.
    Fosu: 7 - Bit quiet today and things didnt always come off for him but he is going to end some fullbacks careers this season.
    Magennis: 7 - Big fan of Big Mag, hlds the ball up well and brings others into play. Needs to work on his finishing, should have had a hat-trick today.

KAG - Very lively when he came on, gives us something different on the counter. Pace and willingness to run at a man should not be underestimated.

On the whole we played some lovely football at times but we do need to be more clinical in front of goal.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

done
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Amos: 7.5 everything he did he did well

Solly: 7.5 Solly

DaSilva: 6.5 Not great. Defended pretty well. Was sloppy in possession. He'll have better days. Still showed what he's capable of

Bauer: 8 Subtly very good. Reads the game well. Won his headers. I think we're starting to see the form of two years ago, and if we do he is easily a Championship defender.

Pearce: 7.5 For some reason I'm never fully sold on him, in part because I feel like he can get sucked out of position. But everything he had to do he did well. A good compliment to Bauer.

Kashi: 17. (9). Got caught in possession once. Gave it away another time. Poor by his standards. Seriously though, he's two classes above. Absolutely love the man. Had an 60 yard run and a good left footed shot at the end of it. Lovely day for him. Would have been man of the match had it not been for:

Forster-Caskey: 9.5 MOTM. That second. Woof. Got two goals. Broke up play well. Good in possession. He's another where if he plays to his potential he's easily too good for this league. Needs to do it week in and week out, but a great performance from him.

Holmes: 9 Lovely assist. Lovely goal.

Clarke: 8.5 I remember the first time I saw him I thought he'd be a Marmite player. But I think I was wrong. Works incredibly hard. He seems to be the "captain" of the press, really leading on that front. Seems to have a very good footballing brain as well. Set up Holmes' goal and had a couple others where he nearly broke down their defense.

Fosu: 6.5 Had some good runs. Didn't quite come off for him today. He'll have better days.

Magennis: 8.5: Glad he got his goal. Probably could have had a couple more but don't let that detract from the fact that he's an absolute handful. Occupied three central defenders. Pressed well. His movement was good. If he gets one and we get four then we'll do well.

Konsa: Fuck n/a. 8.5. Came on and changed the game. Was seemingly playing in the #10 role as a sort of reverse pivot to put pressure on their defense and midfield. Alternatively, Robinson said to him "Ez, go out there and run around a bit." Was excellent on the ball. Set up the third. Probably should have won a penalty (didn't look nearly as stonewall to me as it did to others but I didn't have a replay). A wonderful performance.

Ahearne-Grant: n/a Just not quite for him. Put a lovely curling effort wide. When he gets one, he'll get five. Just needs to click for him. Technically set up the fourth.

Jackson: n/a

First time getting to do this this season and over the moon about it.

Having watched the first half back in HD I think Fosu's mark was a bit harsh. He had a lot of good movement and runs going forward, even if things didn't quite come off for him. Would bump him to a 7.
  • Options
    Amos: 6
    Solly: 6
    Kashi: 5
    Forster-Caskey: 7
    Holmes: 7
    Clarke: 6
    Magennis: 5
  • Options
    Amos: 7 - Good save, done generally well and couldn't do anything about the goal
    Solly: 6.5 - Couldn't get near his man for the goal which is understandable given the height difference. Not the Solly of old but still a decent player
    DaSilva: 7.5 - Good runs forward, handled the physicality reasonably well. Think he is going to have a really good season.
    Bauer: 7 - decent game, looks a good partnership
    Pearce: 7.5 - as above with extra .5 for the way he organises the defence.
    Kashi: 6.5 - quiet, but done the basics well. I would guess this wasn't one of his best games which is exciting as he did nothing wrong.
    Forster-Caskey: 8 - good display with an extra point for his late goals.
    Holmes: 8 - just loves running at the defence, nice cross for the opener and lovely finish for the 2nd.
    Clarke: 9 MOTM - had my doubts like the majority but thought he was outstanding. Does all the basics very well and KR was spot on with his passing in and around the box.
    Fosu: 6.5 - tried hard and had a few dangerous runs. Probably should have scored but an exciting player.
    Magennis: 7 - Very good team player but his finishing still lacks. It could cost us at times as he is not a natural goalscorer but his teamplay is important.
  • Options

Amos: 7 - Good save, done generally well and couldn't do anything about the goal
    Solly: 6.5 - Couldn't get near his man for the goal which is understandable given the height difference. Not the Solly of old but still a decent player
    DaSilva: 7.5 - Good runs forward, handled the physicality reasonably well. Think he is going to have a really good season.
    Bauer: 7 - decent game, looks a good partnership
    Pearce: 7.5 - as above with extra .5 for the way he organises the defence.
    Kashi: 6.5 - quiet, but done the basics well. I would guess this wasn't one of his best games which is exciting as he did nothing wrong.
    Forster-Caskey: 8 - good display with an extra point for his late goals.
    Holmes: 8 - just loves running at the defence, nice cross for the opener and lovely finish for the 2nd.
    Clarke: 9 MOTM - had my doubts like the majority but thought he was outstanding. Does all the basics very well and KR was spot on with his passing in and around the box.
    Fosu: 6.5 - tried hard and had a few dangerous runs. Probably should have scored but an exciting player.
    Magennis: 7 - Very good team player but his finishing still lacks. It could cost us at times as he is not a natural goalscorer but his teamplay is important.

Fosu is also a lot bigger than I was expecting, he's a solid lad. he and KAG won't just be shouldered off the ball often.