Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Van hits crowd in Barcelona

Comments

• I'm safe, you can all stop worrying

In all seriousness, this kind of thing is appalling and we must stand together against evil! *400-post thread in which nothing is resolved*
  • It was in the Las Ramblas area.

Fingers crossed there's no fatalities.
  • Reports that 2 people have been confirmed dead and two armed gunmen have entered a restaurant
  • police have already declared it a terrorist attack
  • edited August 2017
    Quelle surprise.
  • Seems early to call it a terrorist attack, as obvious as it seems

Confirmed. Also two gummen entered a restaurant in city centre.

• BBC doesn't seem to mention armed gunmen
  • Seen a video on Twitter of probably 20+ people laying on the floor injured. One woman looks to have a stomach wound which to me looks like a gun shot. Absolutely sickening . This world is getting worse by the day
  • cafc4life said:

Seen a video on Twitter of probably 20+ people laying on the floor injured. One woman looks to have a stomach wound which to me looks like a gun shot. Absolutely sickening . This world is getting worse by the day

Not sure about that, i'd rather live in these times than back in medievil times for sure.
  • Sponsored links:

Confirmed. Also two gummen entered a restaurant in city centre.

Sorry wasn't aware of gunman as it wasn't on BBC at the time
  • edited August 2017
    SamB09 said:

cafc4life said:

Seen a video on Twitter of probably 20+ people laying on the floor injured. One woman looks to have a stomach wound which to me looks like a gun shot. Absolutely sickening . This world is getting worse by the day

Not sure about that, i'd rather live in these times than back in medievil times for sure.
    I'm not so sure, back then I could take my family and fuck off to somewhere in the middle of nowhere, build a house, live off my own crops and every now and then visit a marketplace to trade for some meat and treats.
  • Terrible news! World is getting worse! RIP to the 2 poor people confirmed to have passed away! Sickening
  • Just crazy - sick of typing this but RIP to the victims (again).
  • edited August 2017
    Please say the babies from the buggies in one of the videos on Twitter will survive. Two of them, completely innocent of any evil...

I can't fucking begin to understand the killing of children and babies by these morons.
  • I still can't see anything on BBC about gunmen - hope this means there aren't any
  • I still can't see anything on BBC about gunmen - hope this means there aren't any

I expect there probably is not. It does tend to happen that there are always more gunmen or bombs reported in these unfortunate situations, however fortunately mainly its just misinformation due to social media.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40965581

They've barricaded themselves inside a bar.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not a criticism but why do people feel the need to discuss this on a Charlton Athletic message board ? I'm interested to know
  • 13 confirmed dead as it stands.
  • Also, when loads of people get murdered in a nearby country it's kind of a big deal
  • edited August 2017

13 confirmed dead as it stands.

Not worth talking about. All you're doing is fanning the flames and keeping 'our' (whatever that's supposed to mean) end of the bargain.

Best to ignore it and hope it goes away.
  • edited August 2017
    I live just up the coast (I drove back from the UK today) and it's all over the news as you'd expect. Reports confirming the wankers who did this hired two vans, one to kill people, and another to get away in. The police have just found the second van in a place called Vic.
  • As yet officials are refusing to confirm or deny there are children among the dead, which sadly doesn't sound very good. Ramblas area is being closed off and reports say two gunmen are holed up in a Turkish restaurant.
  • And another source just confirmed 1 dead and 32 injured. It's all very confused here but fingers crossed for the second estimate.
  • Barcelona is my favourite European city. I love Las Ramblas. :(

The mind can't comprehend.