Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Liverpool st/fenchurch st restaurants

Can anyone recommend somewhere nice to eat in the Liverpool Street/fenchurch street area?

Comments

• Depends on what you are after? Is Hoxton to far out of the way?

• Depends on budget too, Duck and Waffle for instance is wonderful but very pricey
  • Pitt Cue is great. Cinnamon Kitchen also v. Good. You have to book a long time ahead for duck and waffle.
  • New Street Grill is nice

as said above, Duck and Waffle is superb but pricey, depends what you are after - literally everything you could want within a 10 min walk, both taste wise and price wise.
  • Angler @ The South Place Hotel
  • Galvin La Chapelle is very nice and just across the road from Liverpool Street.
  • Mac & Wild is good. Devonshire Square opposite Liverpool Street Station.
  • Thanks all. My girlfriend has booked drinks in the roof bar at the walkie talkie building for tonight so anything local to that
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Galvin La Chapelle is very nice and just across the road from Liverpool Street.

yeah went there last year. really nice looking restaurant in an old chapel. you might need to book but as its a Monday I would of thought it'll be alright.

• SushiSamba. Best restaurant in London.
    Boisdale
    Water Poet. Just a pub, but home made pies and great food.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hawksmoor for a steak
  • Im going The Clove Club in Shoreditch in a couple of weeks. Meant to be amazing.
  • some nice steak and kidney pud at the old dr butlers head
  • St John Bread and WIne is on Commercial Street. It's fantastic.
  • My old stomping ground, yet the only restaurants I've heard of that have been mentioned so far are The Butlers Head and Hawksmoor. The City has changed so much in 14 years!
  • Temper in angel court !

Amazing food, Neil Rankin's latest restaurant
  • Gaucho -several in the area, although Hawksmoor is better. Several cheaper budget places in Spitalfields Market area. Go towards Shoreditch and a whole different world of options there. Go Michelin at Clove Club or street food galore. Probably help us if we knew your budget and tastes.
  • Sponsored links:

• I just logged on, saw I had a few responses and foolishly opened the thread expecting serious answers. How naive am I? Not naive enough to end up in the shoreditch suggestions without my girlfriend pouring my pint over my head
  • edited August 2017

I just logged on, saw I had a few responses and foolishly opened the thread expecting serious answers. How naive am I? Not naive enough to end up in the shoreditch suggestions without my girlfriend pouring my pint over my head

This is the trouble when @DaveMehmet @Brendan_O_Connell and @cafcdave123 start derailing threads with filth.
  • My suggestions were serious! It's a bit of insurance. If your missus walks out you have other options to fall back on.
  • Hix's Tramshed

Rivington Street
  • Can anyone recommend somewhere nice to eat in the Liverpool Street/fenchurch street area?

where did you go in the end TRH?
  • I would have suggested Blacklock. I've never been but a few mates rave about it and its next door to the Walkie Talkie.

http://theblacklock.com/

• Can anyone recommend somewhere nice to eat in the Liverpool Street/fenchurch street area?

where did you go in the end TRH?
    judging by the silence, I think it's pretty clear where he ended up!!