Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What is going on in the Premier League this season???

Arsenal 4-3 Leicester

Watford 3-3 Liverpool

Chelsea 0-3 Burnley before half time...

Palace 0-2 Huddersfield... (LOL)

Have teams forgot how to defend?

Comments

• Defending has been woeful.
  • Been concentrating so much on purchasing every overpriced player that they've forgotten about something called tactics. You don't need the best players to win.
  • I know Chelsea are a man down, but the defending is comical. Luiz has completely lost the plot.
  • Palace defending for both goals was very poor
  • Long may it continue.
  • Watching the hilarious Chelsea game. Makes me realize that I really don't like Chelsea
  • Huddersfield 3-0!!! LOL
  • dizzee said:

Been concentrating so much on purchasing every overpriced player that they've forgotten about something called tactics.

I'm not sure the two are mutually exclusive.
  • Dale Stephens starts for Brighton. Lovely to see
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2017
    Some light reading.

www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=167852&page=1

(Apologies, not appearing as link)
  • Stephens at fault for City's opener
  • edited August 2017
    Hopefully this is how it will finish.

image.jpg" />
  • A touch of the Lee Novaks about Cahill's sending off...
  • Shelvey's turn for a red today.
  • Shelvey really is a bonehead. Defended him countless times before but there gets to a point where you need to grow up. He's not mean natured like joey Barton, just makes the most ridiculous decisions sometimes. So frustrating as he can be brilliant.
  • Spurs seem to be able to defend, which is a rarity with the top clubs!
  • Poor from Shelvey. If you're captaining a Premier League club then you really should know better
  • Sponsored links:

• Shelvey is a complete tosser.
  • masicat said:

Shelvey is a complete tosser.

Wash your mouth mate. A lot of highly regarded pros can be tossers on the pitch. Sometimes heat of the moment brings out the ass in everyone.

Shelveys much better then the bag full of crap we produce at charlton these days.

I think I'm also partly sticking up for him as he's in my fantasy draft team.

Not the 1st ex charlton to captain Newcastle.

• masicat said:

• edited August 2017
    Dave2l said:

masicat said:

Wash your mouth mate. A lot of highly regarded pros can be tossers on the pitch. Sometimes heat of the moment brings out the ass in everyone.

Shelveys much better then the bag full of crap we produce at charlton these days.

Whilst I wouldn't go as far to say he is a t****r, the tackle was hardly in the heat of the moment. Play had virtually come to a standstill & the 2 players were merely trying to get hold of the ball. Shelvey knew exactly what he was doing & makes him a numpty in my book.
  • Dave2l said:

masicat said:

Whilst I wouldn't go as far to say he is a t****r, the tackle was hardly in the heat of the moment. Play had virtually come to a standstill & the 2 players were merely trying to get hold of the ball. Shelvey knew exactly what he was doing & makes him a numpty in my book.
    Exactly. This wasn't the result of some highly charged exchange. Play was stopped, nobody was particularly angry, and he just saw a chance to have a dig at one of Spurs better players.
  • edited August 2017
    it was a cheap and nasty thing to do. Not the first time he has done it and won't be the last. Like Fabregas yesterday, sarcastically clapping the ref yesterday and then complaining about getting a yellow card, some of these footballers are a bit thick.
  • I know it's only West Ham but I thought Utd looked very, very good yesterday. Relentless on an off the ball. Lukaku is a beast.
  • Agreed.
    Looked very good on the ball, Matic makes such a difference to so many players in that team.

Pogba was/is my pick for player of the year this year
  • .......players are getting sent off with a two/three match ban, so they have a bit of time to spend the £100k a week they get paid.