Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mike Ashley sues Jiminez for fraud.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Not the first time Mr Ashley has been involved in such a fracas. And these are the type of people running (or ran) top football clubs? I'm beginning to warm to Roland - LOL!
  • Options
    Looks like a typical piece of TJ bullshit to me. He lost a test of credibility against Dennis Wise, he lost a test of credibility against the American investor. He was even found to have lied when claiming to own CAFC.
  • Options
    Wonder whether the British 'bid' was actually a little bit of digging
  • Options

Wonder whether the British 'bid' was actually a little bit of digging

Blimey......that’s stretching things a bit TBF!

• Options
    Leeds send a man in to a bush to confirm what 2 hands in the air at a corner means.....money / reputation / personal vendetta at stake.....with Ashley thrown in....is it stretching it that much?!
  • Options
    Jimenez is going to have to prove it in court which I am guessing he won't be able to too. It's the sort of story that fits with other previous claims about Ashley's laddish behaviour but he's managed to get away with those so far. If Jiminez is just throwing dirt it also suggests he might feel he's on the thin end again of another claim against him. Live by the sword, die by the sword!
  • Options
    Can't Ashley and Jiminez just settle this with a penalty shootout? In front of the Covered End, Saturday 2:45pm
  • Options

Can't Ashley and Jiminez just settle this with a penalty shootout? In front of the Covered EndMakros car park, Saturday 2:45pm

• Options
    The alleged behaviour by MA somewhere public would have seen him locked up quick smart in Dubai. Smells a lot like TJ throwing mud in the hope some sticks. Credibility in these spats not something TJ has demonstrated, even with all the practice he's had.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The alleged behaviour by MA somewhere public would have seen him locked up quick smart in Dubai. Smells a lot like TJ throwing mud in the hope some sticks. Credibility in these spats not something TJ has demonstrated, even with all the practice he's had.

Exactly. And if MA had been caught publicly acting up, there’s nothing Jimenez could have done to help him.
  • Options
    looks like a lot of love on here towards Mr (Addicks) Ashley.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Jimenez is going to have to prove it in court which I am guessing he won't be able to too. It's the sort of story that fits with other previous claims about Ashley's laddish behaviour but he's managed to get away with those so far. If Jiminez is just throwing dirt it also suggests he might feel he's on the thin end again of another claim against him. Live by the sword, die by the sword!

Just reading that there appears to one witness at least to Ashley's alleged comments. Unfortunately for Spanish Tone, it turns out to be none other than Dennis Wise. This could get really interested when it eventually gets heard (maybe not until 2020).
  • Options

looks like a lot of love on here towards Mr (Addicks) Ashley.

Probably because there certainly isn't much for Tony Jiminez.
  • Options
    More from the court of appeal.

The former co-owner of Charlton Athletic Football Club will have to reveal details of his tax affairs to HMRC, the Court of Appeal has ruled.

Tony Jimenez, who has also been a vice-president at Newcastle United, claimed a request for information was invalid because he lived in Dubai.

A judicial review quashed the original request, but HMRC launched an appeal.

It has now won, with Lord Justice Leggatt rejecting the idea the notice "offends the sovereignty" of a state.

HM Revenue & Customs had asked Mr Jimenez to reveal his bank and credit card accounts since 6 April 2004, and provide a list of his visits to the UK between that date and 5 April 2013.

It also made a request "about the use of chauffeurs when visiting the UK", the High Court heard in October 2017.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-47075503
  • Options
    I hope Jimenez loses again and I'd like to see him get sent down for fraud, although I suspect this is a private and not criminal prosecution.

If so and Jimenez loses again (as he did v Wise), why wouldn't the CPS prosecute, as the evidence is readily available ?
  • Options
    I hope Jimenez loses again and I'd like to see him get sent down for fraud, although I suspect this is a private and not criminal prosecution. If so and Jimenez loses again (as he did v Wise), why wouldn't the CPS prosecute, as the evidence is readily available ?

MIKE ASHLEY’S former transfer guru Tony Jimenez has been threatened with jail by the High Court.

The High Court gave Jimenez 14 days to cough up but Ashley has yet to see a penny.

In documents seen by SunSport, the High Court judgment on May 31 warns Jimenez he faces prison unless he pays up.

Jimenez, who was also co-owner of Charlton Athletic until 2014, was accused by Ashley of “deliberate fraud”.

Ashley was persuaded to invest £3m in Les Bordes golf course near Orleans in France.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9317295/newcastles-transfer-guru-tony-jimenez-threatened-jail-mike-ashley-4m-golf/

• Options
    So weird. On Friday, I had quite a few pints after work in a nearby pub (in Mt Eden, Auckland).
    Starting chatting to a Kiwi about football.
    Told him that I supported Charlton Athletic.
    He looked at me and said something along the lines of 'Jimenez and Kevin Cash. Very dodgy business men. My brother knew them'. Something to do with the brothers job, when he lived in London. Rather annoyed that I wasn't in a better state, as I'm sure he would've been able to tell me some interesting stuff.