Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Our mad judicial system

Just read about a 24 year old man who raped 2 women after being out on licence from a previous sexual assault conviction.

Originally given an 8 year jail term & released after 4 & a half years - now given a LIFE sentence and was told he would serve a minimum of TEN years !!!!!!! He is only 24 !!!! Not saying that Life should mean Life, but a minimum of 10 years ???? At age 24 a minimum should be at least 30 years - even after being released he would only be mid-50's and still have quite a bit of life left.

Sentences are a joke. If ever a family member of mine was a victim I would make sure I saw to the perp myself.

Comments

• edited August 2017
    many many cases of wrong sentances, you try fraud on the other hand or bringing a kilo over the border and you don't get any soft sentences then .

where as people groom kids, rape people, beat up pensioners, break in and steal from peoples homes 4-5 year terms, sick fuckers its a shame they don't meet the noose or something a bit more painful.
  • Any kind of rape, child grooming etc should be met with some form of physical punishment, perhaps a state sponsored removal of genitalia, followed by a state sponsored attachment of said genitalia to the forehead?
  • At the other end of the crime and anger spectrum- this nonsense. Northern rail to blame, or the perpetrator if you prefer-
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4767950/amp/Single-mother-fined-having-wrong-train-ticket.html
  • sam3110 said:

Any kind of rape, child grooming etc should be met with some form of physical punishment, perhaps a state sponsored removal of genitalia, followed by a state sponsored attachment of said genitalia to the forehead?

just hang the bastards
  • sam3110 said:

Any kind of rape, child grooming etc should be met with some form of physical punishment, perhaps a state sponsored removal of genitalia, followed by a state sponsored attachment of said genitalia to the forehead?

What happens if the convicted is later proven innocent and you have already carried out your "punishment"? There is a reason that capital punishment was abolished.
  • I am supposed to be giving evidence in a court case at some point in the next few days, but as yet have no idea when. It is a bit awkward waiting and putting things off until I know when I am needed.
  • cfgs said:

I am supposed to be giving evidence in a court case at some point in the next few days, but as yet have no idea when. It is a bit awkward waiting and putting things off until I know when I am needed.

Bertie
  • sam3110 said:

Chemical castration or actual castration, sorted.
  • Sponsored links:

• justice/punishment is a difficult one. Probably where I lean more to the right on my politics than I do left. If someone killed/murdered/raped a member of my family/friends I would be spitting blood and want vengeance. but then i remember my ex father in law mentioning a case when he was in the police about this fella that had a neighbour from hell, a real pikey. One day it all got too much and the neighbour from hell was sitting on a wall, mouthing off, the guy simply shoved him, the guy falls off the wall cracks his head open and dies, then the other guy is up on a manslaughter charge and facing heavy jail time and his life is ruined.

I think on the whole the british justice system works, but if you tried telling me that being one of the victims of the example you've given, then I would wholeheartedly disagree
  • if a child has been raped under the age of 10 how much proof is required if the said perpetrators dna was found on the victim. there's no explanation required as whatever its illegal.

rape in the case of ched evans of course you would have to have a lot to answer for since its been proved that although not moral he wasnt a rapist.
  • se9addick said:

I seemed to have stumbled onto Saudi Arabia Life

much of saudi arabian way of living and practices i dont agree on, that said

there punishments for stealing and molestation all be it v medieval are justified.
  • The jury system needs serious review. There was a recent case where a man, leading a gang of 4 lowlifes in Poplar, beat another to death with a bicycle chain. It was captured on CCTV. Nobody disputed that the perpetrator committed the act. However the man pleaded self defence, despite being one of 4 against a single man buying and clutching his takeaway and no credible evidence of a threat being presented. The jury believed this platinum grade bullshit (heard in court for the first time, the man refused to talk to the police under interrogation). So he walks free around Poplar. There is no appeal when the Crown loses, and no retrial without compelling new evidence.

There is a petition seeking justice for the murdered man. However of the 12,000 signatures it would seem from the comments that the vast majority are not British citizens. That would presumably be because the deceased was a young Czech immigrant. Nobody else gives a toss, apparently. Well I hope none of you run up against a jury like that.
  • se9addick said:

there punishments for stealing and molestation all be it v medieval are justified.
    Cutting hands off for stealing seems rather extreme to me!
  • se9addick said:

Cutting hands off for stealing seems rather extreme to me!
    it does vary in different circumstances,

a guy down my road is a high class driver drives a Maybach and has it on his drive covered over, theifs the other week smashed the window as they couldn't steal it they then and set fire to it, that man will now lose clients as he doesn't have a car of the same magnitude and ultimately could cause him financial harm - as the people he probably works for aren't going to wait about.

breaking in and beating an old age pensioner to fund your crack habit is another one that's happened in the area aswell.

• The jury system needs serious review. There was a recent case where a man, leading a gang of 4 lowlifes in Poplar, beat another to death with a bicycle chain. It was captured on CCTV. Nobody disputed that the perpetrator committed the act. However the man pleaded self defence, despite being one of 4 against a single man buying and clutching his takeaway and no credible evidence of a threat being presented. The jury believed this platinum grade bullshit (heard in court for the first time, the man refused to talk to the police under interrogation). So he walks free around Poplar. There is no appeal when the Crown loses, and no retrial without compelling new evidence.

There is a petition seeking justice for the murdered man. However of the 12,000 signatures it would seem from the comments that the vast majority are not British citizens. That would presumably be because the deceased was a young Czech immigrant. Nobody else gives a toss, apparently. Well I hope none of you run up against a jury like that.

Where can I sign the petition Prague?
  • Thanks for posting that @palarsehater , appreciated.

It's a bit of a tangent but in both this case and another involving a Czech holidaymaker in a life threatening condition after a knife attack in an Egyptian resort, the Czech Foreign Minister has kicked up aright old stink with the foreign governments concerned. Contrast that with the British government, a much bigger power on the world stage, that is frequently accused of doing sweet fa. to help citizens in trouble abroad. The current example is the British Iranian woman in horrendous conditions in a Tehran jail. Who is our current Fowign Secretary, again.? Oh, him. He is too busy getting involved in things about which he knows jack and has no responsibility for,, such as Charlie Gard.

We are better than many countries but we are letting down too many people.